Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

Favorite Trigger

hlpressley

• Replies 68
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Very tempted to try a Johnny Glocks trigger. I've watched a bunch of his youtube videos and read reviews and everything seems really good. Just not sure I am ready to drop that much money on a Glock when I have 1911's and 2011's to shoot.

I have only tried a couple of different alternatives. That said, I really like the old Zev kit of connector and three springs. I have that in a Gen4 17 that has about 5000 rounds through it. It creates very soft and smooth rolling break. Zev may not make it anymore, but there may be some out there in distribution.

2 hours ago, buckley said:

I have only tried a couple of different alternatives. That said, I really like the old Zev kit of connector and three springs. I have that in a Gen4 17 that has about 5000 rounds through it. It creates very soft and smooth rolling break. Zev may not make it anymore, but there may be some out there in distribution.

Do you know which ZEV connector it is?

There pretty good I have 3 of them. Actually took them out, as I am liking stock better. They keep all the safeties in tact, the take up is a little less. The np3 coating is ok, I had to remove some of it in key places because of tool marks, my polish job is actually better. One more thing, I had to file a little off the safety tab because it would bump the frame. After using them, I am not so sure they are worth it. I would swap back and forth and really didn’t notice any improvement on my scores or shooting performance. I also have 2 Apex triggers and the same deal. The Apex doesn’t shorten take up, and all 3 safeties work, and maybe alittle smoother than the overwatch. 

1 hour ago, mpssrh said:

Does anyone have comments about the Overwatch Precision trigger?

I have two of them. I like them but that is mostly because of the flat trigger. They are OTW really not much different than OEM. Like rooster said, takeup is a little less.  I never checked trigger weight but break is a little cleaner than OEM. The NP3 is nice, I guess, but like any other connector after a while it's covered with carbon, etc. . I don't want anything much different than my EDC so these small changes are fine with me.

On 3/11/2019 at 9:15 AM, NWfront said:

I've tried a few of the big name full kits but have gone back to the TTI GM connector kit in my Gen 4's and now 5's.  In the end it's all personal preference.

Me too. Also, I've always had best reliability with these parts. Lots of personal preference. Most of the full kits remove some pretravel, that's biggest difference.

On 3/11/2019 at 7:15 AM, NWfront said:

I've tried a few of the big name full kits but have gone back to the TTI GM connector kit in my Gen 4's and now 5's.  In the end it's all personal preference.

I'm with you. I have thought about trying Apex or a few of the others, but it is hard to beat the TTI for the cost.

Just running a polished internal set, stock smooth faced trigger with contoured safety tab and a TTI connector/spring kit 

Runs fine fortunately not much overtravel with this setup or I would have 4-40 set screwed the block 

G34 gen4 

Edited by Amerflyer48
Model and gen addition