Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

Favorite Trigger

hlpressley

• Replies 68
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

On 3/11/2019 at 10:15 AM, NWfront said:

I've tried a few of the big name full kits but have gone back to the TTI GM connector kit in my Gen 4's and now 5's.  In the end it's all personal preference.

I've also tried a few others and the TTI also feels the best for me.

I just put in a dot connector and it’s really nice. A more defined wall and a crisp break. It falls right in between the stock and the minus. Didn’t add much pull weight, I’m at 3 lbs with it where with the minus and TTI I was just under 3. With the TTI it felt like the travel was really long before the sear let the firing pin go. Same thing with the minus but not as much. With the dot you hit the wall and then the break nice and clean.

16 hours ago, rooster said:

I just put in a dot connector and it’s really nice. A more defined wall and a crisp break. It falls right in between the stock and the minus. Didn’t add much pull weight, I’m at 3 lbs with it where with the minus and TTI I was just under 3. With the TTI it felt like the travel was really long before the sear let the firing pin go. Same thing with the minus but not as much. With the dot you hit the wall and then the break nice and clean.

Thats my experience as well. I like having a solid wall and the long rolling break is just weird. Im having a difficult time with timing and finding a predictable break point with the TTI.

My P10C with a 3# FP spring has a little heavier of a pull, but its much cleaner and more predictable. Im going to try the stock - connector again, and see if I can snag a cheap dot and or standard connector.

26 minutes ago, nick779 said:

Thats my experience as well. I like having a solid wall and the long rolling break is just weird. Im having a difficult time with timing and finding a predictable break point with the TTI.

My P10C with a 3# FP spring has a little heavier of a pull, but its much cleaner and more predictable. Im going to try the stock - connector again, and see if I can snag a cheap dot and or standard connector.

On eBay I found the dot connector for around 9 bucks with free shipping.

16 minutes ago, rooster said:

On eBay I found the dot connector for around 9 bucks with free shipping.

Oh, thats cheap, ill snag one at that price.

Edited by nick779

I had good luck with the dot connector in my Gen 4 before eventually getting a DK.  In my Gen 5 I was happy with the TTI kit but in the new G34.5 I picked up for CO I just installed the TTI springs with the polished OEM (-) connector.  The break is exactly what I was looking for and it seems to have less drag in the system compared to kits connector making for what feels like a fast trigger if that makes sense.  

Edited by NWfront

On 3/10/2019 at 6:50 PM, hlpressley said:

What is your favorite drop in trigger for the Glock platform these days? I’m asking specifically about the Gen 5 but feel free to chime in with whatever you like for your specific generation. 

Personally I like the OCC triggers with their extractor housing. It gives you the option of eliminating pre travel, post travel, and getting rid of the uncomfortable trigger safety tab all while maintaining a factory trigger shoe. 

Just swapped in the (.) connector and it makes for a pretty nice trigger with a 4.5# striker spring, reduced power FPB spring, and a reduced power TRS. 

I have no desire at the moment for anything better except maybe an gen 5 overtravel stop housing. If I come across a stock connector for a few bucks I might try it just for the feel, but im pretty happy with the pull on the dot. Just wish it had a little more of a wall.

In case anyone is wondering, the oem #5 connector tightens up the creep and solidifies the wall. It gets a bit too heavy imo with a 4.5# striker spring. Pretty significant increase over a dot.

Sticking with the dot connector.

9 hours ago, nick779 said:

In case anyone is wondering, the oem #5 connector tightens up the creep and solidifies the wall. It gets a bit too heavy imo with a 4.5# striker spring. Pretty significant increase over a dot.

Sticking with the dot connector.

You may want to check the OEM Glock connector weights.

• 9 months later...
12 years ago, I installed a Vanek trigger in my G35. It has run flawlessly with zero failures over the years. Great product.

Same here in my G34. I also ordered one for my G41 but haven’t gotten around to installing it yet.

I just ordered the Apex to put in a Gen4 17 MOS to try that.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

• 1 month later...

I'll toss another vote in for the Johnny Glock. I'll admit it was a difficult purchase to make - based on the price.

I often say that I have spent money on a lot of stupid things during my time in USPSA. This wasn't one of them. It's just a great trigger.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

I have two gen5 g34s.  One is the wife’s main blaster, and the other serves as her backup and my ‘maybe I’ll go carry optics’ gun.  I have a Vogel system in one, and in the other I just switched out a TTI to a JohnnyGlocks competition system with flat-faced trigger.  Last week in fact.  Polished everything - even if I came already polished , including safety plunger and reducing plunger spring power.   4.5lb striker spring on both, 13lb recoil spring with tungsten guide rod In both.  Stock, but polished striker in both. Though I did order the upgraded striker from JohnnyGlocks - but got a note it was back ordered, so it’s not here yet.  I liked TTI a little better than Vogels and the JohnnyGlocks a little better than the TTI. And when I say a little, I mean a tiny bit.   If you switched the 3 up and made me take the Pepsi challenge,  I’m not sure I could tell you which was which.   Except for maybe the Vogel because it has a more pronounced tactile feel / click on the reset.  All 3 have about the same pull weight, and I say ‘around’ because I get anywhere from 2.2 to 3.2lbs depending on where I put the Lyman digital gauge arm on the trigger.  If I had it to do over again I’d just pick the cheapest of the 3. I’ve spent a small fortune tinkering with the triggers because I spend most of my time on SA triggers and just struggle with trigger control when I do spend time on the Glock platform...

• 3 weeks later...

I have a Gen 5 G34 MOS.  My second ever Glock.  I bought a G17 several years ago and quickly sold it because I didn't like the trigger and consequently did not shoot it well.  Shot mostly CZs since the first glock.  All had good to exceptional triggers from CZ 75 SA to SP-01, converted SA only, to P-10C.  All were modded.  Pull weights ranged from 3 to 3.5 lbs.  I had to go to Tanfoglio sear springs on the SP-01 to increase it up to 3 lbs.  In short, all were much better, in my mind, than the stock Glock trigger.  Understand, triggers likes and dislikes are highly subjective.,

I bought the G34 because I wanted a long barrel and MOS.  I worked on the trigger myself and improved it some with a polish job and a spring change.  I converted all my CZs to flat faced triggers so I bought the Apex flat face trigger with trigger bar and Apex connector.  I could have bought the trigger shoe alone and had the same results. Pre-travel was reduced a little.  Pull weight did not change.  I had to do the polish job all over again because the Apex trigger bar and connector were not polished.  The Apex flat face trigger shoe is very wide.  Wider than I like.  I still had quite a bit of pre-travel.  Also, reset was longer than I was used to with my P-10C.  Pull weight was 3.75 lbs with creep.  Some call it rolling break.  It is creep to me.

I agonized over ordering a Johnny Glocks trigger for several months.  I had already spent over $100 on the Apex system and did not want to tack on another $200.   But, I wanted a quicker reset. I ordered the comp trigger and I have made one range trip with it.  Pull weight is 3.25.  Pre-travel is much shorter and reset is very short and positive.  Creep is reduced but is still present, however I can live with it.  My accuracy is better with this trigger and my follow up shots are quicker.  I did not buy the JG flat faced trigger and with this system I don't miss the flat face.  All in all, I am very pleased with the Johnny Glocks trigger.  In retrospect, I should have spent the $200 to begin with.