Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!
stick

Can anyone top 9 procedurals?

Only on my 2nd match and I got 8. My right foot was out of the free fire area when I engaged 4 targets. The RO determined it didn’t give me an advantage over other shooters and only gave me 1 procedural thankfully

Shot a small 3-gun match. Helping the RO. Shooter started in a small box with a barrel in front of him, low ready. Knelt on 1 knee to use the barrel for support to shoot 3 hanging steels at about 80 yards and the 8-10 paper targets from 40-60 yards. About 20 plus total shots. His rear foot was out of the shooting box the whole time. Could have given him 1 procedural for each shot, but decided no advantage so only 1 total.

gerritm

Had a stage where I thought the RO might need to take off his shoes in order to keep count.  Standing outside the shooting box.  On the start sign step into the box.  Yeah, kind of forgot the step into the box part.

57 Mikes and 35 Procedurals for 2 stages in the 2017 Area 6. Gun shot the first target on both of the very large stages and then would not fire after. 

31 minutes ago, Mikeski said:

57 Mikes and 35 Procedurals for 2 stages in the 2017 Area 6. Gun shot the first target on both of the very large stages and then would not fire after. 

Impressive.

Posted (edited)

In this context, I think Failures to Engage, the Misses, and not getting the points for 3 IPSC paper targets is a good score.

Edited by perttime

5 hours ago, Mikeski said:

Very Impressive

My 2nd USPSA major match I ever shot I had the rim rip off the case on the first target I shot on the very 1st stage. Had to use a squib rod to push out the brass casing out of the chamber. Took 8 failure to engage penalties and 8 mikes on steel poppers. Took another 10 failure to engage penalties and 20 mikes on the paper targets. Not the way to start a match. It did make me very angry and push myself hard to make up points since I zeroed a 160 point stage.

My first classifier went so poorly my well seasoned R.O. Turned and looked at me head shaking and said “ I don’t even know how to score that mess” !!!  That was a fun match!!!!