Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

Can anyone top 9 procedurals?

stick

I shot action steel last week.  With the exception of stage 7 where I recorded 9 procedurals, I shot pretty well. 

The stage was relatively easy.  From the WSB, shoot the square targets from the back and front boxes, shoot the round boxes from the side boxes.  I even asked the RO before the timer went off.  I said "I shoot the square targets from the back and front boxes and the round from the side boxes right?"  yes was the reply.  The timer goes off...and what do I do?  I shoot the square targets from back box and move to the left side box where I shoot the round targets.  I move to the right side and shoot the square targets, then run to the front box and shoot the round targets.  Absolute Brain fart.  9 procedurals that's a whopping 27 seconds in penalties.  anyone ever have more than 9 procedurals on one stage?

stage7.jpg

• Replies 78
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

I have  ....   BUT, I'm 73 years old    :wacko:

Usually when you technically receive more than 3-4 procedurals in a stage,

"they" tone it down so you'll get a 5 second penalty, or some much reduced

penalty, especially if there's No Real Advantage to the procedurals.    :) 

8 hours ago, GrumpyOne said:

Ask ATBarr...26 procedurals on one stage. I was video taping him. He shot the first array, stepped out of the shooting area, and then shot the rest of the arrays.

26 has got to be a record.

17 for me, had to lay down to shoot under a barrier and my feet were hanging out the back of the fault lines lol. Just trying to prove that you cannot go subzero for score lol.

I would argue now that it was not a significant advantage and try to get it reduced to a single procedural. 

It's not IDPA, you can only zero a stage and not go negative.  That's a plus...

Stick, one question.  How many times did you visualize your stage plan?  Not just saying in your brain the stage description, but actually closing your eyes and watching yourself move from box to box shooting the correct targets?  I do think a solid visualization routine before any stage, especially this sort of memory stage, would more than likely keep you from 9 procedurals.

4 hours ago, CHLChris said:

It's not IDPA, you can only zero a stage and not go negative.  That's a plus...

Stick, one question.  How many times did you visualize your stage plan?  Not just saying in your brain the stage description, but actually closing your eyes and watching yourself move from box to box shooting the correct targets?  I do think a solid visualization routine before any stage, especially this sort of memory stage, would more than likely keep you from 9 procedurals.

I visualized the stage several times.  I even asked the RO if I had the order right.  My problem was I asked a fellow shooter his plan.  he commented that he was going from the back box to the left box to the front box to the right box.  I had that in my mind.  I learned a valuable lesson years ago from Mike Seeklander.  He said you're not ready to shoot the stage until you can face away from the stage and visualize the way you're going to shoot the stage.

I hear you, @stick !  Once I have started my visualization process, I just plain don't ask people their plan.  The time to ask about other plans is before the process of burning in your plan.  Well, an experience like this might change your process in the future...

Edited by CHLChris

• 2 weeks later...
21 minutes ago, Treeclmbr said:

At area 4 last year, one stage required that all mags be put on table.

One guy accidentally left 1 in farthest  pouch behind his back. It was a 24rd stage i believe, received 24 procedurals

24 would ruin your day!

25 minutes ago, Treeclmbr said:

That would leave a dent in their score sheet

I know the 9 left a dent in my score sheet.  I finished 66 out of 73 on that stage and 19th overall.  Without the penalty I'm possibly in the top 10.

I shot action steel last week.  With the exception of stage 7 where I recorded 9 procedurals, I shot pretty well. 
The stage was relatively easy.  From the WSB, shoot the square targets from the back and front boxes, shoot the round boxes from the side boxes.  I even asked the RO before the timer went off.  I said "I shoot the square targets from the back and front boxes and the round from the side boxes right?"  yes was the reply.  The timer goes off...and what do I do?  I shoot the square targets from back box and move to the left side box where I shoot the round targets.  I move to the right side and shoot the square targets, then run to the front box and shoot the round targets.  Absolute Brain fart.  9 procedurals that's a whopping 27 seconds in penalties.  anyone ever have more than 9 procedurals on one stage?
stage7.thumb.jpg.221c5f1658977acf50fe7bb10c4c2ceb.jpg

I think I was distracting you lol

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

LOL I know what you mean... there is a video of me on that stage and I am taking FOREVER getting started... cause I am going over and over and OVER ... square from front and back..... rounds from the sides.... RO thought I would never start.

7 hours ago, Bwilmot said:

I think I was distracting you lol

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

No.  I had my plan in my head.  I never should have asked you how you were going to shoot it as I was going to the line.

I have seen a guy at a pro-am shoot the first position without stepping back into the shooting area. 

My best is 2 procedurals and 3 mikes on a 10 round stage of all muzzle touchers at the FIPT this past December.  Didn't go as planned.

• 2 months later...