Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

Can anyone top 9 procedurals?

stick

On 4/20/2018 at 10:20 AM, mstamper said:

on my last match I did 12 on one stage. Forgot to step over the 2x2 firing line.

What is worse is there is video evidence of it.

I thought if there was no advantage to stepping over the 2x2 it should only be 1 procedural not for each shot fired. 

• Replies 78
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

• 2 weeks later...

We had a standards stage that I built and did the stage brief on.  It was 8 reload 8 strong hand only.  I shot it 8 reload 8 free style with a few no shoots thrown in.  And the dicks that I shoot with gave me hell for it for weeks.

• 1 month later...
  • 4 weeks later...

I didn't bother asking yesterday just many because I was so aggravated at the colossal f-up but I think I got plenty yesterday on the last stage of a PCC match but.....

Course set up was 6 targets, 2 rounds each target from 3 boxes with Virginia count (ONLY two hits per target in each box) for a total of 36 rounds.

I had my Glock mag with an MBX mini loaded up to 46 rounds which is pushing the limit, I typically run 44 to be safe. I was an idiot and took my spare ETS mag off my belt thinking I'd be fine (never think this!) so I made ready and waited for the time. Timer goes off, pew pew - pew pew - pew pew.....wtf a jam? I look in the port and see there are no rounds at the top of the magazine. I drop the mag to check it and it turns out the follower got jammed and all the rounds were not being pushed up because of it; I could shake it around like a damn pack of tic tacs. I mildly panicked and remembered I had a 22 rounder on me so I popped that in and ran to the next after finishing the first array, then moved to the second array and only engaged 4 targets before moving to the final box. At this point I already knew I completely blew the stage and even running back wouldn't matter because I'd run out of ammo.

Needless to say it's a mistake I won't make again. I knew the magazine was finicky past 44 and most of local matches only need 36 rounds so I typically do 42 to be safe AND have back ups.

Practiscore showed 0 across the board for that final stage so....😖

Moral of the story: don't take off magazines for a stage just because you have capacity in one, and don't go past known limits of operation (in this case my magazine).

While I've only done about 15 USPSA matches between Carry Optics and PCC, this is one of those little things that I should know better by now.

• 3 months later...

It happens...

we recently had a L1 match and one shooter on her very first match experience shot a 12-round strong hand only stage...with both hands 🙂 

Pretty decent time....🤣🤣🤣

Hopefully we'll see her again at the next match...we didn't rib her too badly about it - too soon..

4 hours ago, Cliveb said:

It happens...

we recently had a L1 match and one shooter on her very first match experience shot a 12-round strong hand only stage...with both hands 🙂 

Pretty decent time....🤣🤣🤣

Hopefully we'll see her again at the next match...we didn't rib her too badly about it - too soon..

That should be counted as one procedure, not 12.  You get the procedure for making the mistake from the one shooting position.

20 minutes ago, AzShooter said:

That should be counted as one procedure, not 12.  You get the procedure for making the mistake from the one shooting position.

No, that would be 12.  Every shot taken freestyle gives a definite advantage.  🤔

On 5/25/2019 at 2:58 AM, AzShooter said:

Nothing to do with position. She shot the whole stage holding the gun with two hands, from various positions - it was a strong hand only stage. One procedural for every shot fired.

• 1 month later...
  • 4 months later...

I saw someone get like 20 on a stage, I don't remember the exact count it was a long time ago.

IDPA shooter goes to first USPSA match, also happens to be a sectional. Proceeds to leave the shooting area and use the wall as cover and slice the pie. PE per shot fired for almost all the shots on the stage. The RO ran out of fingers and threw his hands up in disbelief. They had to figure out the PE's after the run was over. It was amazing.

This was also only my 2nd uspsa match, as a IDPA shooter moving up in the world lol.

• 1 month later...

Yes I have. I got 12 my first match. It was 6 targets with 3 shooting positions. It was sapposed to be 2 round each free style first box. Second box 1 shot each freestyle 1 shot each stong hand. Well I double taped each target strong hand. Last box was strong hand then weak hand.......I think you can gather what I did. Let’s just say lesson learned, ready and study stage briefing 

On 1/1/2020 at 12:40 PM, Hockeycor22 said:

Yes I have. I got 12 my first match. It was 6 targets with 3 shooting positions. It was sapposed to be 2 round each free style first box. Second box 1 shot each freestyle 1 shot each stong hand. Well I double taped each target strong hand. Last box was strong hand then weak hand.......I think you can gather what I did. Let’s just say lesson learned, ready and study stage briefing 

I scored this.  I can verify it was, in fact, 12.

I think someone might have video....

I had something like 15 to 20 at my second 3 gun match. 

Moral of the story, didn't realize having my toe on the fault line was considered outside of the shooting box vs stepping completely outside the box. A slight difference in rules that ended up in a lot of penalties for shooting while outside the shooting area.

1 hour ago, admcd said:

I scored this.  I can verify it was, in fact, 12.

I think someone might have video....

Some of the best life lessons are learned the hard way. Lessons learned: read the stage briefings and try not to forget them when the buzzer goes BEEP!

20 hours ago, Hockeycor22 said:

Some of the best life lessons are learned the hard way. Lessons learned: read the stage briefings and try not to forget them when the buzzer goes BEEP!

The red flashy thing from MIB is nothing compared to a blue square of plastic in an RO's hand.

World's best mind eraser.

5 hours ago, admcd said:

The red flashy thing from MIB is nothing compared to a blue square of plastic in an RO's hand.

World's best mind eraser.

Haha isn’t that the truth. You can walk a stage 10 times and then instantly forget what your game plan was.

• 1 month later...
  • 1 month later...