Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

P320 X5 Thread

BASE772

• Replies 2.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Hey guy's probably been asked quite a bit but

I have a pre úpgrade'X5 and I want to drop in the Apex Enhanced trigger and forward set trigger bar. Can I fit these without the upgrade or am I wasting my time doing so?

I'm in Australia so I have to wait for our importer to get his stuff sorted out before the upgrade can be done and have no idea how long that will be.

On 9/24/2019 at 11:32 PM, terrydoc said:

Hey guy's probably been asked quite a bit but

I have a pre úpgrade'X5 and I want to drop in the Apex Enhanced trigger and forward set trigger bar. Can I fit these without the upgrade or am I wasting my time doing so?

I'm in Australia so I have to wait for our importer to get his stuff sorted out before the upgrade can be done and have no idea how long that will be.

Yes.  I am still rocking (2) pre-upgrade X5’s.  One has an Apex trigger bar and GG trigger. The other just has a GG trigger.  I have used the Apex enhanced flat trigger as well and works 100%.  I found the flat Apex trigger shoe would leave my finger aching after a match or practice session.  Others use them with no issues.  I simply prefer the GG trigger profile over the Apex.

20 hours ago, terrydoc said:

Thanks Indy that's the sort of info I was looking for, do you think the Apex trigger bar and the factory trigger will work ok together or make no difference?

It should absolutely work with the factory trigger.  In my experience the Apex bar will reduce the take-up and give you a more crisp break.  It may, however, add some weight to the trigger pull.

The combo of the Apex bar and Apex enhanced trigger (or GG trigger) should yield you crisp break with a pull weight less than factory.

22 hours ago, IndyColtsFan said:

It should absolutely work with the factory trigger.  In my experience the Apex bar will reduce the take-up and give you a more crisp break.  It may, however, add some weight to the trigger pull.

The combo of the Apex bar and Apex enhanced trigger (or GG trigger) should yield you crisp break with a pull weight less than factory.

Thanks

Hello: another thing to check is the actual spring rate of the spring you are using. The Gray Guns 15lb is actually a 14lb, at least the one I got. I would suggest you use a timer on targets and looks at the hits to see what actually works the best for the spring rate. Thanks, Eric

On 9/28/2019 at 4:24 PM, Cowboy1629 said:

Probably 17 for factory if they are hot. I run 14 with my ~130pf 124gr reloads. 

I had to look at my paperwork for the Legion. It came with 14 and 12 not 17 and 14. I know I was using the lighter spring so it is 12 not 14 as I stated above. It works fine with both but I have faster splits with the lighter (12lb) spring.