Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

P320 X5 Thread

BASE772

27 minutes ago, RH45 said:

Ok, so I put a Legion grip, on one of my xfives, and shot one IDPA match with it.

Today, I butchered a holster, so I could fit an Xfive, with a green, Crimson Trace, railmaster in it.

I don't see as many advantages of a laser on a pistol, compared to a PCC, but, I thought I'd try it, just for kicks.

Imagine my surprise, when I turned it on, after installing it on the rail, and seeing the green dot, just below the red dot, at 10-15 yards.

Then, I decided to dry fire a little, and found AFTER I pull the trigger, the green dot is just below the red dot, but, when the pistol is cocked, the green dot is to the left of the red dot.

I can't FEEL any movement between the slide, and frame, but, apparently, there is.

Yeah, we just discussed that this happens when the gun is empty. It wont do this when loaded because of the tension from the loaded magazine. 

• Replies 2.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

12 hours ago, RH45 said:

Ok, so I put a Legion grip, on one of my xfives, and shot one IDPA match with it.

Today, I butchered a holster, so I could fit an Xfive, with a green, Crimson Trace, railmaster in it.

I don't see as many advantages of a laser on a pistol, compared to a PCC, but, I thought I'd try it, just for kicks.

Imagine my surprise, when I turned it on, after installing it on the rail, and seeing the green dot, just below the red dot, at 10-15 yards.

Then, I decided to dry fire a little, and found AFTER I pull the trigger, the green dot is just below the red dot, but, when the pistol is cocked, the green dot is to the left of the red dot.

I can't FEEL any movement between the slide, and frame, but, apparently, there is.

Watch what the slide does when dryfiring without a (dummy)round in the mag. You can see it even when you move the trigger a bit.

In my case i have the feeling, that the striker hit´s pretty hard. Are there lighter striker springs on the market, that would still fire factory ammo?

20 hours ago, AmarokTactical said:

Yeah, we just discussed that this happens when the gun is empty. It wont do this when loaded because of the tension from the loaded magazine. 

I was going to call bulls#!t, when I read that before, but, just to be scientific, I loaded 11 dummy rounds, and fired (obviously they didn’t actually fire) them. As before, after pulling the trigger, with the striker at rest, the laser dot was perfectly below my red dot, but, whenever the striker was cocked, ready to fire, the laser dot had moved to the left. Obviously, there’s must be a little slop, between the slide & frame, even though I cannot wiggle it at all.

Approximate round count on pistol is maybe 2k.

I want to buy one of these. I was at my shop/range shooting yesterday and they had one but couple quick questions about the LCI barrel. 

will it be an issue with the new Romeo 1 pro or is that protected from the gas? And also, if I send it in to Sig to be replaced, can you send just the upper? I don’t want to have to deal with going through my FFL to get this fixed. 

My other dealer has 2 X5 legions in stock. May check there to see if by some miracle one doesn’t have the LCI barrel. 

All Legions have the LCI, if you want a non LCI barrel you need the original P320 X5 with a Legion grip module. If you need to send it to Sig in the US for warranty service you don't need to use an FFL, you can ship it directly to them and they will ship it directly back to you but you have to ship them the whole firearm.

23 hours ago, Honeybooboo said:

I want to buy one of these. I was at my shop/range shooting yesterday and they had one but couple quick questions about the LCI barrel. 

will it be an issue with the new Romeo 1 pro or is that protected from the gas? And also, if I send it in to Sig to be replaced, can you send just the upper? I don’t want to have to deal with going through my FFL to get this fixed. 

My other dealer has 2 X5 legions in stock. May check there to see if by some miracle one doesn’t have the LCI barrel. 

You can ship to and from Sig without an FFL and Im in NJ. I did the recall 4-5 months ago

CS told me I didn’t need to send mag when I asked about it just remove the optic. 

Sig received my gun on a Monday morning and it was back in the mail to me that afternoon.

Sig will email you FedEx 2 day shipping label. The only downside for me, local FedEx shipping hub is 45 minutes away. 

3 hours ago, Cowboy1629 said:

CS told me I didn’t need to send mag when I asked about it just remove the optic. 

Sig received my gun on a Monday morning and it was back in the mail to me that afternoon.

Sig will email you FedEx 2 day shipping label. The only downside for me, local FedEx shipping hub is 45 minutes away. 

Huh. Most be all who you talk to on any given day. 

Yeah the standard email the CS rep sent with the return label said to send my mags in which didn’t make much sense so I sent an email back to the rep and he said they weren’t needed just send the gun without the optic. 

I’m  guessing if someone had feeding issues or other things not related to the LCI fogging the optic they would probably want your mags. The letter with the label looked pretty generic to return for repair. 

8 hours ago, Cowboy1629 said:

Sig will email you FedEx 2 day shipping label. The only downside for me, local FedEx shipping hub is 45 minutes away

It doesn’t seem that long ago, that they would pick them up at your house, but, the last one I sent in, I also had to take a 45 minute ride 

Yeah I called FedEx and they said they couldn’t pick it up at the house because it was considered a dangerous / hazardous package. I said really... Then I said if that is the case how can you deliver it back to my house? The FedEx person didn’t have an answer for that. 

21 minutes ago, Cowboy1629 said:

Yeah I called FedEx and they said they couldn’t pick it up at the house because it was considered a dangerous / hazardous package. I said really... Then I said if that is the case how can you deliver it back to my house? The FedEx person didn’t have an answer for that. 

Exactly!

On ‎12‎/‎21‎/‎2017 at 10:55 PM, andersonj55126 said:

20171221_154434.thumb.jpg.dd34234e74e6a08f8f8897af47c5d7a0.jpg

Just received Shield RMS dot after Thanksgiving sale.  Bolts on without any modifications.  8moa dot.  Glass is better than anything I have seen other than Delta Point Pro.  I have not shot outside with direct sun light but it seems auto adjust goes bright enough.

ehhmm... sorry for bringing this up, it´s from 2017, but am i stupid to run my shield rms on the shield plate for the p320?

Does it really fit without a plate?

I didn´t even try it. I´ve seen that shield offers a plate for the sig p320, so i ordered it :( and used it....  

22 minutes ago, bimmer1980 said:

ehhmm... sorry for bringing this up, it´s from 2017, but am i stupid to run my shield rms on the shield plate for the p320?

Does it really fit without a plate?

I didn´t even try it. I´ve seen that shield offers a plate for the sig p320, so i ordered it :( and used it....  

Remove it and check if the mounting holes and bosses all line up. If they do, then just mount it directly without the plate so it’ll sit lower and closer to the center of the bore which is better compare to your current setup.

2 minutes ago, George16 said:

Remove it and check if the mounting holes and bosses all line up. If they do, then just mount it directly without the plate so it’ll sit lower and closer to the center of the bore which is better compare to your current setup.

I know it would be better, i really didn´t think that it could fit without the shield plate. Why would they offer a plate if it will fit even without it?

Did they have problems without it?  There must be a reason?

2 minutes ago, bimmer1980 said:

I know it would be better, i really didn´t think that it could fit without the shield plate. Why would they offer a plate if it will fit even without it?

Did they have problems without it?  There must be a reason?

Unfortunately, those questions can only be answered by the manufacturer. However, the best thing to answering those questions now is to remove your red dot and try to install it directly to your X5 without the adapter plate. We can go on and on with the questions and even email the manufacturer about this but it won’t really do much since you already bought and installed. At the same time, we have another shooter that can attest that the shield RMS dot He bought can be installed directly to the X5 slide without an adapter plate.

I know it’s frustrating but like I said earlier, there’s only one way to find out if your RDS can be installed without an adapter plate.

5 minutes ago, George16 said:

Unfortunately, those questions can only be answered by the manufacturer. However, the best thing to answering those questions now is to remove your red dot and try to install it directly to your X5 without the adapter plate. We can go on and on with the questions and even email the manufacturer about this but it won’t really do much since you already bought and installed. At the same time, we have another shooter that can attest that the shield RMS dot He bought can be installed directly to the X5 slide without an adapter plate.

I know it’s frustrating but like I said earlier, there’s only one way to find out if your RDS can be installed without an adapter plate.

I know you´re right, but someone please tell me "no it doesn´t fit correctly without the plate"  :D

I´ll try out later.

I used one on my 320RX ( not sure of the differences to the X5 milling) for a while as I had a number of issues with the R1, it worked fine just be aware its very easy to scratch the lens / screen when cleaning it in the field.

Edited by terrydoc

7 hours ago, bimmer1980 said:

Ok, i tried.

It fits, but there is no support other than the 2 screws. Do you think thats enough?

If the front and rear of the red dot butts up against the cutout preventing any minuscule movement of the rds, there might be enough support to prevent shearing the 2 screws from the force of the slide recoiling. This is the main reason why you’ll see bosses on adapter plates or cutouts specifically cut for a given brand of red dot.

How much of a gap are there on the front and rear of the red dot as it sit in the cutout? Can you post a side and top view pictures?