Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

P320 X5 Thread

BASE772

6 hours ago, LawDog324 said:

Alma

Does the  X5 still fit in your RHT holster with the Go Guns thumb rest or does it require some mods?

Mine interfered slightly, but it only took a few seconds with the heat gun to remedy.

• Replies 2.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

6 hours ago, OPENB said:

I read your thread on it. Brave man, any concern about warranty, cause you know it'll die. They all die.

It’s not noticeable after I dab the inside part of the hole with black permanent marker.

On 7/19/2019 at 4:09 PM, BillR1 said:

Do you do this work as a side job or just for yourself? Does the Legion grip use the same epoxy as the standard X5 grip?

I do this on the side as well, you can PM me if you would like details, I use the same epoxy on the original X5 grips as the Legion. The Legion also is still very easy to alter with a dremel and sanding wheel to get it to fit your hand just the way you want. It also cleans up nicely with some of the finer grit sand paper. Sig really has a winner with this grip, they did an excellent job. 

Can anyone else report that the optic glass gets dirty quickly on the new X5 Legion due to the LCI and cut? If it gets very dirty after 100 rounds that means I will have to clean it quite often on live fire practice day. 

I have not shot my Legion yet so cannot comment but I wonder how we can compare the two meaningfully. I personally do not think the existence of the notch is significant. It is pretty much blocked by the brass until the brass gets ejected and once the brass is gone, the mouth/ chamber is wide open. There might be some leak through the notch but I do not think it is significant enough to make a quantitative difference within the duration of slide cycling. Just my thought.

Grip showed up saterday when I got home from range so Had to go back Sunday,

X5 is performing amazingly with Grip,tungsten guide rod, 12.5# spring, GG comp trigger, Springer extended mag release, Go guns *thumb rest [generic]* and some grip tape. Now all I need is more range time and grip job. Maybe some new sights

11 hours ago, Stician said:

Nice

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Me neither. Someone posted also the barrels were not interchangeable. My X5 barrel dropped right into my Legion slide.

Significant difference I shot my legion grip for the first time Sunday. I liked the feel of my X5 previously but I don't think I could go back.

The tungsten guide rod makes a difference if your coming from stock. But its a combination of using lighter springs and weight out front. Im not sure it would make as much difference if you have tungsten grip. I would say get tungsten grip, get steel guide rod and a 14/12.5 lb spring and save the 100+ dollars on tungsten guide rod. and if you still feel you want more weight up front it will only be an ounce or so  but its only a $20 waste on the steel guide rod

2 hours ago, m700 said:

Significant difference I shot my legion grip for the first time Sunday. I liked the feel of my X5 previously but I don't think I could go back.

The tungsten guide rod makes a difference if your coming from stock. But its a combination of using lighter springs and weight out front. Im not sure it would make as much difference if you have tungsten grip. I would say get tungsten grip, get steel guide rod and a 14/12.5 lb spring and save the 100+ dollars on tungsten guide rod. and if you still feel you want more weight up front it will only be an ounce or so  but its only a $20 waste on the steel guide rod

I already have the steel guide rod, and have been using a 15lb spring.  What's the most common weight that's used.  I shot Speer Lawman 124gr in my first USPSA match, but will probably by some of the competition loads from Atlanta Arms.

Edited by cdholmes

12 minutes ago, Posvar said:

Is the stock Legion guide rod similar in weight to the Springer or GG steel guide rods? 

Yes. When I got my Legion, I measured both and they were very similar in weight, so I chose to keep the Legion factory GR in as it is kind of a pain in the neck to turn the take down level with the GG fat GR. in Sorry, I did not write down the numbers...

49 minutes ago, jaep1911 said:

Yes. When I got my Legion, I measured both and they were very similar in weight, so I chose to keep the Legion factory GR in as it is kind of a pain in the neck to turn the take down level with the GG fat GR. in Sorry, I did not write down the numbers...

In addition to the difficulty turning the takedown lever, have you noticed some "dings" on the underside of the barrel by any chance?

10 minutes ago, Solsand said:

In addition to the difficulty turning the takedown lever, have you noticed some "dings" on the underside of the barrel by any chance?

This happens on all of the OG X5s if you put a 1911 style guide rod in it. Springer claims it wont happen with 14lb or more spring, but that's not true. I have been running 14lb with Springer Tungsten for the last year and a half and both X5s are showing the ding that you refer to. It doesnt effect performance and neither ding has gotten worse, just shows wear. Approx 15k and 10k rounds on those setups.

• 2 weeks later...

My legion wont run my x5's 23 round mags with springer precision basepads with 23 in them. There is to much tension and it doesn't cycle smoothly enough as the round gets caught on a little bump. Is anyone else having this problem? Can I polish this or sand it down a little or will it screw whatever this ramp is up? My legion is on the left side my x5 is on the right. My x5 loves 23 in the same mags. 

68482509_10218896449503293_7664502743259676672_n.jpg

67696586_10218896449903303_6239723380912685056_n.jpg

Edited by Sokam101

Is the material on the ramp the same as the slide coating?  If it is, if it were mine I’d simply polish the ramp without removing the bump/jump and test fire that. Removing the extra friction on the ramp may be the problem and the fix for that is an easy one.