Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

P320 X5 Thread

BASE772

1 hour ago, AmarokTactical said:

Have you tried the curved trigger from Gray Guns? That should make the trigger easier to reach.

This is what I did and I am super happy with the curved trigger.

• Replies 2.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

3 hours ago, Akkid17 said:

Osage county guns has them listed in their site for 250 with magwell and weight and 209 without. Way better price than the SSI grip. Also I have been mulling over the idea to make a little open 3-gun/steel pistol using one of these slides and a TXG grip esenntially like the photo but with the the pro slide and txg grip. Could be badass 

78C7B85D-8242-4BD0-B5CE-A2B5AA899086.jpeg

@Akkid17 I am looking at their website right now. Can you point me to the exact spot on their website where I can see them at that price?? Thanks much!

PS - that’s a beauty above. 

Edited by DCSigCZ

16 minutes ago, Akkid17 said:

https://www.osagecountyguns.com/firearm-accessories/grips/not-applicable--p320--p320-p250.html it’s listed here but they must have pulled the link location since they don’t have them yet 

You are correct. When I could not locate the TXG grip module on their website, I called them.  The gentleman who answered the phone explained that SIG asked them to refrain from selling them until a future date, so they removed them from their website. He also advised checking their website periodically because they may be able to sell them in a few weeks. 

Now that both the regular X5 and the legion X5 are production/co legal I'm wondering about the legality of putting the legion grip on a regular X5.

Would it be considered:

a. a regular X5 that is overweight for it's division therefore illegal

b. the grip changes it into a legion X5 that is ok weightwise and therefore legal

c. not legal due to some other conflict with either production and/or co rules

39 minutes ago, ddc said:

Now that both the regular X5 and the legion X5 are production/co legal I'm wondering about the legality of putting the legion grip on a regular X5.

Would it be considered:

a. a regular X5 that is overweight for it's division therefore illegal

b. the grip changes it into a legion X5 that is ok weightwise and therefore legal

c. not legal due to some other conflict with either production and/or co rules

Legal for CO, not for Production. It wouldn't change the gun into a Legion by swapping the grip so X5 Production weight limits still apply. That said, you could start with a Legion lower and out an X5 slide on it without issue. 

2 hours ago, alma said:

Legal for CO, not for Production. It wouldn't change the gun into a Legion by swapping the grip so X5 Production weight limits still apply. That said, you could start with a Legion lower and out an X5 slide on it without issue. 

Clever girl...

The FCU is the gun, so whatever you add or subtract to it has to be division legal. I have both an X5 & a Legion. My X5 has a GG trigger, and is just a better trigger than the Legion. Until I can upgrade the Legion trigger, I’m going to swap the FCU’s, for CO. Granted, only you would know unless someone pulled the FCU and were aware of the differences. But that is the letter of the rule. 

16 minutes ago, Sokam101 said:

Does anyone know where I can find the screws to mount a old Romeo1 to my new x5 legion? It fits and the screws line up the screws for the DDP have a bigger radius by .2mm

Go to Home Depot or any hardware store and buy some M4 x .7 x 12mm metric screws. 

Edited by George16

10 hours ago, Sokam101 said:

Does anyone know where I can find the screws to mount a old Romeo1 to my new x5 legion? It fits and the screws line up the screws for the DDP have a bigger radius by .2mm

10 hours ago, George16 said:

Go to Home Depot or any hardware store and buy some M4 x .7 x 12mm metric screws. 

Won’t work without modifying the Romeo body. The M4 screws won’t fit thru the holes in the Romeo without enlarging them. Found this out the hard way. The only currently available optic that will mount on the Legion is the DPP. Evidently the Romeo 1 Pro will, when/if becomes available. 

10 minutes ago, OPENB said:

Won’t work without modifying the Romeo body. The M4 screws won’t fit thru the holes in the Romeo without enlarging them. Found this out the hard way. The only currently available optic that will mount on the Legion is the DPP. Evidently the Romeo 1 Pro will, when/if becomes available. 

I enlarged the Romeo 1 holes using a 4mm drill bit

1 hour ago, dansedgli said:

Looks like they updated the chamber.  Not that there was anything wrong with it.  😉

SmartSelect_20190724-182514_YouTube.jpg

The big problem with that barrel is the hole in the top of the hood. Combined with the Legion optic cut that's further forward, it gets the front lens of the red dot pretty dirty in less than 100 rounds.

The big problem with that barrel is the hole in the top of the hood. Combined with the Legion optic cut that's further forward, it gets the front lens of the red dot pretty dirty in less than 100 rounds.
I have an RX with the loaded chamber indicator cut. I've been using it with a SIG Romeo and have not had issue with debris on the lens.

Sent from my SM-G930P using Tapatalk

27 minutes ago, Tokarev said:

I have an RX with the loaded chamber indicator cut. I've been using it with a SIG Romeo and have not had issue with debris on the lens.

Sent from my SM-G930P using Tapatalk

Yep, the slide cut for the RX/Romeo1 sight is a good bit shorter so the dot mounts further back. I compared my Legion and my old X5 and there's a considerable difference in the distance between the front lens and the barrel hood.