Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

P320 X5 Thread

BASE772

Hello: Just for fun I tried some Winchester small rifle primers in my 320 X5 to see if they would work. They worked 100% on the 100 rounds I loaded up. I use Winchester regular small pistol primers now since I save the small rifle for my open pistol. Thanks, Eric

• Replies 2.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

56 minutes ago, Aircooled6racer said:

Hello: Just for fun I tried some Winchester small rifle primers in my 320 X5 to see if they would work. They worked 100% on the 100 rounds I loaded up. I use Winchester regular small pistol primers now since I save the small rifle for my open pistol. Thanks, Eric

I even used some old Wolf primers- marked 223- all set off.

These were left over from the primer shortage YEARS ago-

only paid 25.00/5K back then! :cheers::cheers:

2 hours ago, zhunter said:

I have typically used extended firing pins, longer to ensure lighting up the primers with lighter triggers, does the 320 have such a part available or is is not necessary?

The grey guns trigger kit doesn’t come with a lighter striker spring, only trigger return and sear springs, so an extended firing pin isn’t needed.  Primer marks on CCI primers are plenty deep. 

11 hours ago, dave33 said:

The grey guns trigger kit doesn’t come with a lighter striker spring, only trigger return and sear springs, so an extended firing pin isn’t needed.  Primer marks on CCI primers are plenty deep. 

Is the trigger return spring a lighter one, or a heavier one, for a crisper reset for example

7 hours ago, bimmer1980 said:

Is the trigger return spring a lighter one, or a heavier one, for a crisper reset for example

Its a lighter one for a lighter pull weight.  Unfortunately its not as strong as the OEM part and mine did break, but GG replaced it under warranty.  I put the OEM spring back in while waiting on the replacement part, and while the pull is slightly heavier, its really not much at all.  The lighter sear springs do more to lighten the pull than the trigger return spring.  Ive heard of people taking one of the 2 stock springs out to lighten the pull.

What I have so far- Holosun went on- then got notified my Romeo 1 Pro was on the way.

It will be here tomorrow. SO I never got to sight in the Holosun! Keep for a backup?

Or sell to my pal that has the M17 :cheers:

20191008_085912.jpg

38 minutes ago, Rolex said:

What I have so far- Holosun went on- then got notified my Romeo 1 Pro was on the way.

It will be here tomorrow. SO I never got to sight in the Holosun! Keep for a backup?

20191008_085912.jpg

Keep it as a backup. looks great Rick. 

I thought you have the +5 base pads or 21 mag +2 base pads?

2 hours ago, George16 said:

Keep it as a backup. looks great Rick. 

I thought you have the +5 base pads or 21 mag +2 base pads?

3- 21 round mags with the TTI +2-  and the 3 17 round mags- 

don't know if I'll put base pads on those yet. 

8 hours ago, Rolex said:

20191008_085912.jpg

I generally carry two guns, to a match, set up as twins.

If I only had one pistol, with an optic on it, I would at least have a spare optic, in my bag, sighted in, so if my primary optic puked, I could go to a safety table, and get running again. I haven’t shot a LOT, this season, but saw 3 optics bite the dust.

Sorry for offtopic.

I have a pretty new P320 xfive also. Trying to learn it with the stock Trigger, as it´s pretty hard to get parts here in Germany, till today.

It´s my first gun with a reddot.

As the Dot tells you a lot, my question at you guys is: Is it even possible to break a shot fast, without moving the dot when the striker breaks a shot? 

I try a lot of "Trigger control at speed" in dryfire, but i find it really hard to break a shot without moving the dot at least a little bit. It´s even pretty hard at slow fire, as the striker seems to have a lot of force.

With my 2 pound Sp01 Shadow Trigger, i don´t see any movement in the sights at all. But there is no reddot that would tell in detail.  

4 hours ago, bimmer1980 said:

But there is no reddot that would tell in detail.

There is your answer, nothing is completely still while shooting.

Smaller orbit/movement but still moving.

Target focus and tell your mind the dot moving is OK as long as it's in the A/middle of the plate!

14 hours ago, RH45 said:

I generally carry two guns, to a match, set up as twins.

If I only had one pistol, with an optic on it, I would at least have a spare optic, in my bag, sighted in, so if my primary optic puked, I could go to a safety table, and get running again. I haven’t shot a LOT, this season, but saw 3 optics bite the dust.

I have a back up Romeo 1 Pro for it- 

Hello: All of my 21 round mags with TTI base pads fit the gauge. One real advantage with the TTI base pads is that they come off easily with no tools. If my mag hits the ground I clean it. You never know what can get inside the mag when it hits the dirt. Thanks, Eric

54 minutes ago, Aircooled6racer said:

Hello: All of my 21 round mags with TTI base pads fit the gauge. One real advantage with the TTI base pads is that they come off easily with no tools. If my mag hits the ground I clean it. You never know what can get inside the mag when it hits the dirt. Thanks, Eric

Sometimes too easily. I’ve had the guts explode out on numerous occasions when I drop a mag. 

Just my opinion but cleaning them every time they hit the ground seems like a lot of cleaning and a massive waste of time. I just make sure they move freely and aren’t gummed up in any way and roll on

11 minutes ago, HickLife said:

Sometimes too easily. I’ve had the guts explode out on numerous occasions when I drop a mag. 

Just my opinion but cleaning them every time they hit the ground seems like a lot of cleaning and a massive waste of time. I just make sure they move freely and aren’t gummed up in any way and roll on

I haven’t taken my mags apart and cleaned them with over 5k rounds on them. Ain’t no body got time for that. 

14 minutes ago, jpm2953 said:

I haven’t taken my mags apart and cleaned them with over 5k rounds on them. Ain’t no body got time for that. 

Nope. 

On a side note, I wore out a follower towhere I wasn’t getting slide lock anymore. So I called sig and they wouldn’t sell me just the follower. Just the whole magazine. Idk if being a dealer or anything would be different but just a heads up