Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

P320 X5 Thread

BASE772

• Replies 2.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

On 7/28/2019 at 1:36 PM, Posvar said:

Can anyone else report that the optic glass gets dirty quickly on the new X5 Legion due to the LCI and cut? If it gets very dirty after 100 rounds that means I will have to clean it quite often on live fire practice day. 

On 7/28/2019 at 1:47 PM, jaep1911 said:

I have not shot my Legion yet so cannot comment but I wonder how we can compare the two meaningfully. I personally do not think the existence of the notch is significant. It is pretty much blocked by the brass until the brass gets ejected and once the brass is gone, the mouth/ chamber is wide open. There might be some leak through the notch but I do not think it is significant enough to make a quantitative difference within the duration of slide cycling. Just my thought.

That explains all the black crap that accumulated on my DPP glass on the legion. Had to scrub for a while to get it out. Never happened with my older X5s. About 3k through my legion so far. 

14 hours ago, jaep1911 said:

I wonder what the purpose of that change. I now kinda feel stupid that I bought the Legion.

Trade it for an AR15 plus cash from Rolex so he can have his legion. Then we can do comparative tests against my old X5 with the tungsten grip.

@Rolex, did you call Sig Pro Shop yet? Good luck.

3 hours ago, George16 said:

Trade it for an AR15 plus cash from Rolex so he can have his legion. Then we can do comparative tests against my old X5 with the tungsten grip.

@Rolex, did you call Sig Pro Shop yet? Good luck.

No- wife is home- she retired Friday 😡

On 8/13/2019 at 7:48 PM, Aircooled6racer said:

Hello: what magazines are you guys using for Carry Optics in 10 round states? Also what are you using for IDPA as well? Thanks, Eric

I have 3 10rd mags that are factory dimpled in the 17rd tube that fit the x-carry grip (essentially the x-five grip with a shorter rail and no magwell). I bought a NY state X-Carry off gunbroker and I don’t need them. 

I was cleaning my X5 today after shooting a few matches and when I got done I decided to test the trigger on my gauge.  10 pulls

Post Voluntary Recall build, Gray Gun Competition Trigger kit, GG Fat Rod guide and 14# spring, Vortex Razor on a Springer plate, now just the TXG grip to go.

https://i.imgur.com/WrWOdXW.jpg?2[/img]

Edited by LawDog324

22 hours ago, LawDog324 said:

I was cleaning my X5 today after shooting a few matches and when I got done I decided to test the trigger on my gauge.  10 pulls

Post Voluntary Recall build, Gray Gun Competition Trigger kit, GG Fat Rod guide and 14# spring, Vortex Razor on a Springer plate, now just the TXG grip to go.

https://i.imgur.com/WrWOdXW.jpg?2[/img]

0 lbs, 0.0 oz! 

2 hours ago, be032 said:

0 lbs, 0.0 oz! 

Bottom left reading is the average of 10 pulls.  2 lbs,  4.1 oz. Bottom right shows the number of pulls (10) that is being averaged.

Sorry I thought readers would understand.

• 2 weeks later...
On 8/25/2019 at 4:23 PM, LawDog324 said:

Bottom left reading is the average of 10 pulls.  2 lbs,  4.1 oz. Bottom right shows the number of pulls (10) that is being averaged.

Sorry I thought readers would understand.

Hey, I got it! lol...

That is probably the lowest I have seen published as far as I can remember.

Where on the trigger are you pulling from?

4 hours ago, ddc said:

Hey, I got it! lol...

That is probably the lowest I have seen published as far as I can remember.

Where on the trigger are you pulling from?

Right were my finger rest during normal grip, just below the center of the straight trigger. It is so close you can pretty much call it center.

That is the best it's been! When I cleaned it I took the FCU out and cleaned with CLP and a small brush, then wiped it down with micro fiber cloth, I then took a brass pick and worked a small amount of Lucas Gun Grease between the tigger bar and the side of the FCU, did the same where the sear sits in the FCU. I can't say for sure but I'm thinking that the grease made a difference.

Hey there, new forum member here. I have an X5 with tungsten grip (not the legion, just a replacement grip). I am having trouble depressing the mag release button, especially when doing quick reloads during competition. First, the button feels too stiff. Secondly, and more importantly in my opinion, the other side of the button (that protrudes from the right side when the button is depressed) hits my middle finger if I dont break my grip. Basically, my thumb and middle finger are pushing in opposite directions when I am dropping a mag. Ultimately my thumb wins, but this caused me to lose several seconds in a few classifiers, which made me quite angry. 

Anybody who had similar issues, and suggestions for a remedy?

Edited by Tango

I had a similar problem until I bought the Springer extended magazine release. The stock configuration makes you have to push pretty hard to get the button to work. Once you put the extended in you have to depress it much less abd the magazine will drop free without interference on the other side. At least that’s what has worked for me. 

The Springer Precision extended magazine releases are slicker than the stock magazine release. This seems to especially help on the tungsten grips which seem to want to grab metal, I assume because of the embedded tungsten. I have also tried some light polishing inside the magazine release area. 

I haven't had the interference problem you describe on the X5 but have had it on another gun. Very annoying and performance hindering.

I did replace the mag release with the Springer extended and am happy I did. It is much easier to reach and depress the release without rotating my grip.

I really like it; wouldn't want to shoot without it.

I drilled and tapped the mag release and installed my spare shadow 2 mag release pad on mine. It was on my old X5 and just transferred everything to the tungsten grip module. I also had to run a crocus cloth on the mag release to smoothen the surface a bit.

0-A6523-D7-44-F3-42-EF-AB0-E-6-A638682-F

Edited by George16

13 minutes ago, George16 said:

I drilled and tapped the mag release and installed my spare shadow 2 mag release pad on mine. It was on my old X5 and just transferred everything to the tungsten grip module. I also had to run a crocus cloth on the mag release to smoothen the surface a bit.

0-A6523-D7-44-F3-42-EF-AB0-E-6-A638682-F

George16, how do you like that modified *thumb rest [generic]*? I assume it is CO legal at USPSA, but how about IDPA?

Edited by Tango

13 minutes ago, Posvar said:

It is awesome! Yest to CO. No go on IDPA though

17 minutes ago, Tango said:

George16, how do you like that modified *thumb rest [generic]*? I assume it is CO legal at USPSA, but how about IDPA?

Really like it. Like posvar said, it’s awesome! Great addition to the setup.

I had a pair of xfives that were set up the same. Gray trigger kit, Springer, tungsten guide rod, and grip tape, Romeo 1 with 6MOA dot.

I bought a Legion grip, and it's definitely heavier than the regular xfive grip.

I was hoping, with the heavier gun, the dot would stay in the lens, like my open guns.

I went to the range, this morning, with both guns, and ran a few drills.

I didn't see much, if any difference in the dot leaving the window, and according to my timer, pretty much the same times for both guns.

I believe the Legion grip sticks to my hand as well, or better, than the standard grip, with grip tape.