Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

P320 X5 Thread

BASE772

53 minutes ago, Jetskidawg said:

Hi all, I just had a DPP failure on my X5, which is mounted to a Springer Precision plate.  When I do the reinstall, what's the right torque?  Since the plate is aluminum, using Leupold's directions will lead to stripped threads.  Looked all over and not finding a value.  Thanks!

if you ask springer they will tell you “snug”.  I use 20 inch pounds on the plates with the steel inserts, and 15 on the plates that are directly tapped into the aluminum. I’ve had no issues. 

• Replies 2.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

29 minutes ago, Rich406 said:

if you ask springer they will tell you “snug”.  I use 20 inch pounds on the plates with the steel inserts, and 15 on the plates that are directly tapped into the aluminum. I’ve had no issues. 

Thanks for the info, much appreciated!!

25 minutes ago, Tango said:

i got the GoGun thumb rest and I like it too, except now the gun doesnt fit into my CompTac holster, how did you solve this problem??

Dremel the area in the holster where the *thumb rest [generic]* gets hung up a bit. Just do it bit by bit and keep on test fitting it every time you take off a little.

Hello: Wrap the pistol with a couple of layers of tape. Insert in the holster and use a heat gun to heat up the holster in the area where it is tight. Use gloves and push in the holster in that area. Don't over heat it, just enough to make the holster move with firm hand pressure. Thanks, Eric

On 9/15/2019 at 9:07 PM, Tango said:

i got the GoGun thumb rest and I like it too, except now the gun doesnt fit into my CompTac holster, how did you solve this problem??

I used a marker inside my RHT holster to see contact points and used a Dremel to remove the material bit by bit. It took sometime but my gun fits nicely in it now. When I draw the gun, the thumb rest comes in contact with the edge of the hanger section of the holster so I may hit that section with the Dremel.

Not sure how effective the thumb rest is though. I need more practice.

On 2/27/2019 at 1:03 PM, dansedgli said:

The bulge lines up with the bevel. The blown cases are perfectly formed to it.

I sent it back to the dealer yesterday. Now i play the waiting game. :(

On 2/27/2019 at 1:03 PM, dansedgli said:

The bulge lines up with the bevel. The blown cases are perfectly formed to it.

I sent it back to the dealer yesterday. Now i play the waiting game. :(

I have a x5 in Qld Australia that has done the same thing . 

On 2/24/2019 at 1:11 PM, dansedgli said:

Apart from titandriver has anyone's x5 done something like this? What did sig say about it? 

It seems my chamber is not that supported. Does everyone else's chamber have this bevel all the way around? 

SmartSelect_20190223-001711_Gallery.jpg

SmartSelect_20190223-224337_Gallery.jpg

Yep , I've had it to . Australia

9 hours ago, jcc7x7 said:

What kind of brass are y'all using in Australia. Seems like it's down there mostly.

I read an article were another shooter was having similar issues with another type of pistol chambered in 9mm. though some investigation and a smart reloader it was determine that stepped brass was the issue. I don't reload so I really don't know what the correct terms are, but apparently due to this type of brass pressures change and cause this issue. 

I'm not sure but I have read also that a lot of the overseas ammo uses stepped brass when they manufacture new ammo. I just got a case of MaxxTech 124  9mm made in Bosnia and apparently it is one of them.

On 7/13/2017 at 11:56 AM, andersonj55126 said:

Here are a few pics of my build.

20170711_075014.thumb.jpg.05e5cd5ce259a6f5140fc892fec7b8a3.jpg

20170711_075432.thumb.jpg.2cf79d29306864da12ab6b21d3988306.jpg

Grip by Alma

I have tungsten guide rod, base plate and optic mount from Springer.

CELTS trigger by Greyguns

RHT holster

So far I am very impressed with this gun.

Is this grip tape or carbide?

On 1/15/2019 at 8:20 AM, Rescue1 said:

Has anyone used the Keres dynamics trigger? 

I just installed their adjustable version. Although I am not a big fan of flat triggers on this type of gun platform, I LOVE this one. I have it with the gut of the GG comp kit.

7 minutes ago, jaep1911 said:

I just installed their adjustable version. Although I am not a big fan of flat triggers on this type of gun platform, I LOVE this one. I have it with the gut of the GG comp kit.

I just installed mine, last night, and it is fantastic. Have a gg kit in my pistol.

Edited by CDRNorth

2 hours ago, JatCarver said:

Interesting, is the pull weight still above 3lb with the GG guts? Looking to keep it IPSC production legal.

Mine was 3.75lbs with the gg kit and trigger. With the Keres, it is 4.25lbs. Taken from the middle of the trigger shoe.

After adjusting the screws, there is virtually no take up and the total trigger travel is 1/8 inch.

Edited by CDRNorth

On 9/19/2019 at 10:59 PM, CDRNorth said:

Mine was 3.75lbs with the gg kit and trigger. With the Keres, it is 4.25lbs. Taken from the middle of the trigger shoe.

After adjusting the screws, there is virtually no take up and the total trigger travel is 1/8 inch.

Perfect! 

I shot with the Keres tigger (and the GG comp kit) at a local match today and liked it. I am leaving the pre-travel longer than that for now, compatible to that of the GG kit. Will reduce it bit by bit to find what I like.

Also, used the GoGun thumb rest. Not sure if it is doing anything good but it did not do any bad either. Need more practice.

11 hours ago, bronson630 said:

Are there any issues that could occur by shortening the travel of the trigger? I just installed the keres trigger and it seems good but I wasn’t sure if removing the pretravel and over travel could cause any issues.

If you reduced the over-travel too much, the sear would not go down enough to release the striker. You want to have some pre-travel in front of the reset point so that the trigger mechanism works as designed and the amount is personal preference in my opinion.