Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

CZ Shadows 2 is coming

PRanta

• Replies 946
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

$100 says nobody outside Europe sees a production Shadow 2 in 2016

100 Aussie Dollars or 100 USD? Either way, I'm afraid I'd lose too much.

I'm interested in buying one, but I'm not going to get stupid over the hype.

I've been told that right now they have more orders than their automated production line can handle in about 1-1/2 years, and they'll be servicing their local customers before shipping over here. If true, we could be into late 2017 before they come over here.

Anyway, it's still more about the shooter than the gun. (And as soon as I can get a CGW 10x bushing and a new set of custom grips on my SPO1and find the perfect load I'll be a GM within a week. Right?)

I'd love to get one, but this thread is starting to remind me of similar threads over the past couple of years. When I decided to start shooting again (as well as shoot competitively) I remember reading about certain pistols before making up my mind and reading about recently introduced pistols after I started shooting.

I remember when the HK VP9 was introduced, the SIG P320 was introduced, and other pistols. Hype or hyperbole tends to obscure reason. It is human nature to hope the new arrow will make the Indian a better shooter (or in my case--I need a rationale reason to add another gun to my collection). Do the new improved features make it "that much better" than an SP01 Shadow? Perhaps for some people.

Was that self-convincing enough to justify getting one?? Perhaps. But, if someone wins a major match with it--yes!

"I'm interested in buying one, but I'm not going to get stupid over the hype. "

Would be interesting to compare the hype we have seen with the release of every new competition pistol, this hype reminds me a lot of the XDm versus XD hype . (For me, the original XD geometry is better).

If I could buy a Shadow 2 now I probably would (assuming they are under AU$2000).

However, in the last 2 years I have seen every CZ shipment delivery date 'scretched'.

Delivery dates for other manufacturers are not any better.

So instead I purchased a Shadow Australia (similar to the Canadian Shadow Mate except without that maple thingy).

It came in the same shipment as the Shadow 2 samples.

It has a nicer trigger and tighter feel than my Shadow duo tone. It will do me for the next year or two.

Edited by BMaus

Concomitant with our sport is the disease of frequently wishing to buy better guns. I'm a victim of this myself and have purchased a dozen in five years. The effect of hype in the marketing of guns cannot be downplayed. We buy guns because we enjoy buying guns, not just because we think that it will give us a sporting advantage. I am not surprised by the response to the marketing of the Shadow 2. The original Shadow is good and many of us recognized ways in which it could be improved. It is always nice and rewarding to get a gun that fits our hands well and is fun to shoot.

Maybe this is an apples and oranges matter, but in the sport of 10 meter air pistol shooting, I have bought just one gun, a Walter LP400, half a decade ago, and don't feel the need to buy anything else. Not that there isn't room for further development in Olympic guns (there always will be), but because the sport is far more dependent on the skill of the shooter than the mod-cons on the gun.

I shot an original Shadow for 3 years and thought it was a great gun, but now I shoot Standard Division because I enjoy it more than Production Division (a personal thing), so I'm less influenced by Shadow 2's advertising. For others, I understand the lure. Despite the advent of more exotic guns making it to the IPSC Production Division list, the division is still a more level playing field than others. The appeal of a seemingly better gun and the desire to own it is undeniably there, but let ammunition be your main investment.

your statement in para 2 says it all: "... the sport is far more dependent on the skill of the shooter than the modcons on the gun".

most shooters buy new equipment in the hopes of getting better ..... most shooters also never make it past "B" class ....

I just continue to buy more ammo .....

Edited by Nimitz

I think I may buy a Shadow 2 because I want a second Shadow level gun. If it wasn't coming out, I'd probably pick up a second 91030. I may still do that when the Shadow 2 has everyone giving their "obsolete" guns away.

So is the grip smaller than the original Shadow? What about the beavertail width?

I'd say so, the grips are straight aluminum verse the rubber palm swell grips of the shadow.

It does feel different, the frame chequering is a nice addition, however doesn't feel as pronounced as say a tanfog.

In short they feel nice, but so did the shadow grips, just slightly different.

Whats different about it?

Looks like grips, hammer, undercuts everywhere, maybe slightly different slide serrations, checkering, mag release and probably a bunch of other subtle things I didn't notice while looking at the pic for 10 seconds.

I like all the changes... but not so much on the Shadow 2 scroll on the slide. Meh...

I will concur with the script choice not being my favorite, or the name even. I feel the same way with the Stock II script choice too.

Whats different about it?

Looks like grips, hammer, undercuts everywhere, maybe slightly different slide serrations, checkering, mag release and probably a bunch of other subtle things I didn't notice while looking at the pic for 10 seconds.

I like all the changes... but not so much on the Shadow 2 scroll on the slide. Meh...

I will concur with the script choice not being my favorite, or the name even. I feel the same way with the Stock II script choice too.

I agree...looks cheezy.

Edited by LeviSS