Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

CZ Shadows 2 is coming

PRanta

100% agree that it is simply a good thing that there is a Shadow 2 now. Guns are like girls or cars/trucks, no one will always like the same thing as anyone else. Choose the gun you like and be happy!

• Replies 946
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• 2 weeks later...

Shot the Shadow 2 today, it's a great piece and trigger feels nicer in standard spec compared to original standard spec shadow, great feel on the frame also.

How does the gun point compared to a standard shadow ?

Just from eyeballing pictures it seems like I might have to relearn my index.

Shot the Shadow 2 today, it's a great piece and trigger feels nicer in standard spec compared to original standard spec shadow, great feel on the frame also.

How does the gun point compared to a standard shadow ?

Just from eyeballing pictures it seems like I might have to relearn my index.

It points very fast and very nicely. Balance feels great.

This was only from a quick blast on it so I can't go into too much detail.

The one I fired had the low profile safety and apparently they will come with an extended safety also, but I can not confirm this.

This Shadow 2 got an absolute workout today, was pretty warm by the time I got my hands on it, haha.

I also had a shot with the Shadow 2 after the Australian Nationals.

In short the gun is a big improvement over the standard shadow. It feels much more well finished then the shadows iv fired.

Gun tracks very well. it sits very flat. The ammo they provided was factory 9mm at 140PF. it tracked flatter than my Stock 2 Aus shooting 130 PF.

Target transition is good. there is a lot of weight up front of the gun but it still feels balanced. If you shoot any metal framed gun you will not likely notice a difference in wide transition speeds.

The grips on the gun is good. Due to the narrowing of the back of the gun it fit my hand a lot better, without getting the "box feel" I get with thin grips on a Tanfo.

The trigger was great for "out of the Box" with stock springs Id estimate around close to 9 pound double and in the region of 3.5 pound single. Rest was crisp and double action smooth. No doubt with lighter springs, some use and maybe polishing this trigger would bet a lot better.

Mag button is good and pretty well similar to many on 1911s. if you are familiar with that style of button and like it you will have no issues with the Shadow 2

sights were good and clear and similar to various adjustable rear fiber font combos out there. I do hope however Someone makes a wide notch rear for those who prefer that set up.

The cocking serrations are a huge improvement (on the old shadow they were pretty well a joke). The new ones are deeper and extend along a larger section of the slide. Will make unloaded starts for those that rack from the front a lot nicer and constant as you get a really good purchase on the gun.

The finish on the gun was flawless as the gun was new. Only time will tell just how well it holds up to constant draws etc, especially for those that dry fire

I don't think the gun is a huge "game changer" like the adds but it is certainly a big improvement on the old Shadow. It addresses all the concerns I had with the old shadow while encompassing many of the things I love about my Stock 2. It also adds better cocking serrations which if you rack from the front are better than the stock 2, while now having grip checkering that is pretty well what you would find on a tanfo.

The Gun at least in Aus will likely retail for under what a Stock 3 Xtreme retails for (So likely under 2K Aus) for that price its a hell of a gun. Especially considering the only mods id make would be a lighter trigger spring set.

you could be very competitive with this gun out of the box

My 2cents

Edited by Jezz

If the demo I saw in Germany tells me anything the finish will outlast anything else on the market except maybe the Glock. A CZ employee slammed two of the guns against each other, rubbing the checkering against the slides and scratching his knife down the slide, after a wipe with a micro fiber there was nothing to see on the slide. Pretty cool.

So the expected US price is around $1100, right?

There was talk of customization and stuff, what will that end up meaning? Different color schemes?

Given that the cost for a regular shadow and shadow target II costs more than that, I suspect that the gun will cost more than that if it ever did make it to USA.

There was talk of customization and stuff, what will that end up meaning? Different color schemes?

Given that the cost for a regular shadow and shadow target II costs more than that, I suspect that the gun will cost more than that if it ever did make it to USA.

The shadow target ii is a czc gun though, whereas the shadow ii is going to be a central production gun

Is there any doubt we'll see this gun stateside?

The shadow target ii is a czc gun though, whereas the shadow ii is going to be a central production gun

Looks like a nicer finish which I assume would add a bit to production costs. That aside, cz 85 combats (adjustable sights standard, but no front strap checkering) sell for under 600 so if this becomes a mass production gun they should be able to sell them for $750 U.S. and have a nice profit margin.

Or maybe there is something I'm not seeing that would add to costs.

Not saying that the early adopters won't be more in the $1100 range, just speculating.

Looks like a nicer finish which I assume would add a bit to production costs. That aside, cz 85 combats (adjustable sights standard, but no front strap checkering) sell for under 600 so if this becomes a mass production gun they should be able to sell them for $750 U.S. and have a nice profit margin.

Not saying that the early adopters won't be more in the $1100 range, just speculating.

A current factory shadow costs about 800 bucks, so it is gonna be more than that. I'm guessing 1100 will be pretty close.

A current factory shadow costs about 800 bucks, so it is gonna be more than that. I'm guessing 1100 will be pretty close.

You are probably correct and maybe even low for the honeymoon/flavor of the month time period.

Assuming that there is not a reason for a big production cost jump compared to a more standard model cz it will be interesting to see how the marketing folks play things out.

Edited by IHAVEGAS

Shot one yesterday. Felt pretty good.

My favorite upgrade is that the slide is easy to grab.

Same. Grip tape solves that in STD but that obviously isn't an option in PD.

Thinking about ordering a couple of Oranges with SA trigger kits for PD/STD dual use. Just waiting to see if they will have the bushing that Robin's gun had.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk