Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

CZ Shadows 2 is coming

PRanta

• Replies 946
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

If the grip is even smaller than the one on the shadow, definite nope from me.

It didn't feel smaller to me. I prefer the TS grip over the shadow and it felt closer to a TS to me.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

the grip size around most of the grip is a bigger, 2mm bigger, but they've cut out deeper under the beaver tail so that smaller hands can reach the trigger better. See the pic I posted of Maria's hand and her gripping the gun

My problem with the current frame is my strong hand fingers wrap around so much that I don't have a whole lot of room for my non-dominant hand. I have no problem reaching the trigger.

Will the Shadow 2 frame be better for this?

without seeing your hands I have no idea, or how you grip even. I have very very large hands, and I run medium thick grips, I have zero issue getting a good solid grip over top of my other fingers as they come around the grip

Buy the Shadow 2. It will decrease your stage times by 3 seconds!

"The practice has already confirmed that a new age of the Production division: with the CZ Shadow 2, top IPSC shooters are able to shorten times by three seconds compared to the original CZ 75 SP-01 model!"

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G935A using Tapatalk

"The practice has already confirmed that a new age of the Production division: with the CZ Shadow 2, top IPSC shooters are able to shorten times by three seconds compared to the original CZ 75 SP-01 model!"

where did you find that quote?!

And that is on the classifier stages!!

I think it is also supposed to make it easy to perfectly dice vegetables and will grow or remove hair as needed.

That is awesome. I shot a stage in 4.2 at my last match. 1.2 would surely have been a stage win with a hit factor of about 40!

I'm not a top shooter though so I might get only 1-2 seconds faster. Bummer.

when talking to the team at IWA no one could give me a definitive answer on the internals. I would swear the trigger bar looks heavier in the new gun, but it could be my imagination. the slidestops I know won't swap as I tried a Rami in the 2 and it didn't work (see pics in this thread). There should be no need for things like a comp hammer or whatnot as the gun comes with all the race stuff inside already. And they said they used the CAD system and new machines to optimize the various holes and dimensions in the moving parts, so it's possible old stuff might fit, but not work right (which slightly annoys me as I like the original 85 Combat trigger the best). Springs are ok to swap, trigger springs, sear springs and hammer springs, not sure on recoil, as the slide is longer. Mag catch probably will work, but not sure on that either as the frame is 2mm wider, but perhaps not where the mag catch is. All things we need to find out. I am hoping to do an interview when I am at the factory in June, with the design team.

Heard back from CZ they are keen to the idea of me doing the interview at the factory. If you have any questions you'd like answered post 'em here. Please make them related to only the Shadow and the Shadow 2

Aforementioned question about the mag release. Any plans for an optics ready model?

Heard back from CZ they are keen to the idea of me doing the interview at the factory. If you have any questions you'd like answered post 'em here. Please make them related to only the Shadow and the Shadow 2

Please ask if/when they will do a shadow 2 orange/mate (will help me decide to grab a shad 2 now or wait for orange).

Will sights interchange between s1/s2?

Are magazines the same?

Obviously the question on internals and parts like mag catch, springs, and trigger (I like the old style 85c trigger too :) )

Any plans for a czub accu bushing version? Perhaps in the Orange (should be ipsc prod legal if made by CZ UB not cz usa/czc).

I think grips are different but can't remember.

Hoping to get mine in a few months. I barely shoot production these days but I do love me a new toy. :)

Thanks for going the extra mile rob.

What height, and width are the front sight? What diameter fiber rod does it take? Especially compared to the fiber on the current shadow, which i believe is 5.5mm tall, 3.1mm wide and uses a 1.5mm wide fiber. I'm assuming the dovetail for the front sight is the same as the current CZ 75 SP-01 Shadow, correct?

Grips look different, wondering what grip options they'll be offering if they are different?

I'm curious about the safety. Everytime I see it from the right side, it's flat, but on the left side it's flat or extended. Is it flat on both sides, flat on the right & extended on the left, extended on both, or interchangeable? Will they be releasing different sets of safeties? Will the extended safeties work in the current CZ 75 SP-01 Shadow? Would really like to try the extended safety on it.

Are they still using the staked trigger pin that has to be replaced when taken out?

I know you mentioned that the slide is longer, which might mean a longer recoil spring, and if so what weights are they gonna offer for recoil springs?

Thanks Rob!

Edited by ZachJ

yes yes, everyone is saying it's a copy of a stock 3.

you do realise the tanfog stock 2 is a clone version of a CZ 75, to be more precise was designed as a CZ shadow competitor.

I'm not sure I'd call either a 'copy'. CZ took the shadow in a natural direction adding features people wanted. proper checkering (don't think tanfoglio invented that). Decent serrations (not really a unique tanfoglio trait either). Mag release with adjustable button (tanfogs don't have that). So in what other way does it copy a stock 2 or 3? the rail? umm SP01's have had that many years before a stock 3. squared trigger guard? again hardly invented by tanfoglio.

CZ basically built THE production gun to have with the CZ SPO1/SPO1 shadow. It's an all steel DA/SA gun with amazing trigger potential and low bore axis. Coupled with reliable double stack mags. Tanfoglio took that design and tweaked the frame and slide a bit and changed the trigger bar spring to a coil spring.

I have owned a couple of shadows and stock 2. I like the both. Till now I was pretty much 50/50 on which was the better gun. the CZ had better triggers. Yes you could get as light a trigger in a tanfog but at the same 5.5lb DA/2.2;b SA as a shadow they had weaker reset feel and a mushier break. They also have a firing pin block which is just one more thing that can go wrong and cause light strikes.

With the shadow 2 I think the pendulum has swung back to CZ and the most desirable combination of features will be in the shadow 2.

I am about to pick up another stock 2 as a backup. still have my shadow orange. When shadow 2 comes I will likely either have a shadow 1 and 2 or the stock 2 and shadow 2.

As far as sights go CZ already have shadow sights with both 1mm fibre and 1.5mm fibre. the standard shadow sight is 3.1mm with 1.5mm fibre but the sights on models like the orange, mate etc are the 1mm fibre and I think are a narrower post too (not sure on the last bit)?