Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

CZ Shadows 2 is coming

PRanta

• Replies 946
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Here in Canada we received a shipment of TS Oranges about a month before the USA did. Of course both shipments were too small so both are backordered still.

That is the one that inspired my curiosity actually, seems like they have been in production long enough for somebody to know something about something.

I'm not really griping although I am probably coming across that way, just nosy as snot because I'd like to buy a TSO and would like to lay hands on an S2 to see what it did for me.

production guns have started shipping as far as I know, as I've seen guns in the wild now over here. I know the Shadow sold better in Europe for a long long time compared to the USA, so maybe that's why Europe might get more? If they do that is? With my plans to return to the factory on hold until I get my guns back from the Ukraine I can't tell you much.

Can someone please confirm the magazine release is reversible?

yes, they are reversible, and you don't need to tweak the mag catch spring to stop the catch from over inserting if you press too hard, it's designed different and won't allow that.

Can someone please confirm the magazine release is reversible?

yes, they are reversible, and you don't need to tweak the mag catch spring to stop the catch from over inserting if you press too hard, it's designed different and won't allow that.

Thanks!

Latest rumour is September delivery in Aus.

Keep my $100 safe BB :)

Got offered a Shadow 2 at our club comp.

It was the gun from the Aus Nationals that sold for charity.

For now I'm sticking with my Shadow Australia.

Edited by BMaus

not my greatest shooting, having issues with the changes in light levels on the range and seeing the front sight quickly, but man, does this gun shoot nice with 147gr bullets. 131.85PF is perfect.

I found the grip the biggest difference, I have big hands and absolutely love the grip now. Now tape needed at all. Also really like the slightly longer sight radius and profile of the slide when shooting. I found I was making tough shots easier than experience expected during the match.

thanks for the fast reply , did you find noticeable difference from the previous shadow , i shot one at the EEO but i couldn't compare as i never shot a shadow before sorry!!

The grip us more like a stock 2 or 3 now, with slightly less aggressive checkering.

Edited by goshimu

• 2 weeks later...

so having now put a few thousand rounds down range through a couple different Shadow 2s I thought I'd throw in some take aways. The new grip is killer, it really is, including creating new sore spots and calluses on my right hand, especially in the middle just above below the center of the palm. The gun I used this past weekend had much sharper checkering than Maria's gun did, and man did it dig in good.

I adjusted the newer gun's overtravel screw and ended up with the single nicest trigger I've ever felt in DA. Once the hammer drops the trigger is stopped, no overtravel at all, and an amazingly short reset, shorter than what my Shadows have and they are short. The CZ new Short Reset Disco allows for a wee bit of take up in SA, a tad more than the Pre B, and I think I like it better actually as it gives one a little bit of leeway when taking longer on the sights for hard targets.

With 147gr bullets the recoil is absolutely minimal. I was always worried about the front sight diving as the slide slammed home, but haven't noticed that at all.

This video is from Rooster Mountain 2016 in Denmark. great match. Time was 4.99 with 10 alphas and 1 charlie.

Fellas, yes I will be in Hungary for the Europeans. Just look for the fat annoying fanged guy (vs the standard fat annoying guy lol)

I'd guess (didn't have a gauge) that with the lightest spring installed from the kit you'd have a DA of about 7.5lbs, maybe 8. SA I have no idea.

What really impressed me about this gun vs Maria's is that I know this gun has zero tuning done to it. The owner was kind enough to let me use it and he had shot 200 rounds through it in practice and then the pre match of 360 rounds. Other than adjusting the trigger over travel it's straight out of the box.