Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

CZ Shadows 2 is coming

PRanta

Stop worrying about all these frivolous dimensions and buy a tanfo stock 3. That's what they used to copy the Shadow 2 for anyway..

I'm wondering since parts dimensions are different whether they did or didn't copy the stock 3 design, and I can't use most of my spare parts kit in a tanfo.

Wondering what I would have to buy in terms of spare parts for a Shadow 2.

• Replies 946
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

ok, some of the questions posted have already been answered,

Sights are interchangeable, I am currently running a Shadow 2 sight on my Shadows, requires a 7mm tall front sight, Shadows can come with 1.5 and 1mm FO rod, depending on the version you get.

mags are exactly the same. They are shipping with the Mecgar 19 rounders where legal, we are hoping the MecGar 10 rounders (dented 17/19 bodies) in other jurisdictions

There is a bushing model made, Robin used one I believe in Australia in Standard division. Whether it is going to become a model available to all of us is something that won't be decided upon until next year at the earliest. They received more orders for the 2 at IWA than their planned production schedule would cover, so specialty ones like the bushing, or Orange would be quite aways off.

Safeties- the gun is supposed to be shipping with both styles of safeties, you can mix and match as you see fit. Things like the safeties and slidestops likely won't be interchangeable as the frame is wider by 2mm in that area, and from what we saw with the Rami safety I tried at IWA, that means those parts on the 2 are slightly different

Edited by slavex

Stop worrying about all these frivolous dimensions and buy a tanfo stock 3. That's what they used to copy the Shadow 2 for anyway..

Jeez, why are the Tanfo guys so bent out of shape about this?

I mean, it isn't like the entire Tanfoglio line is a CZ clone or anything in the first place to talk about who copied who... ;)

let alone that even a base Shadow is still a better gun than the Stock line.... and ignoring the fact that the design team started working on this long before the Stock III came out as well.

Edited by slavex

let alone that even a base Shadow is still a better gun than the Stock line.... and ignoring the fact that the design team started working on this long before the Stock III came out as well.

As a previous shadow owner and now an owner of a S2X, could you please give me your insight into how you find the shadow better.

Genuinely curious. Thank you.

So at the end of the day the Shadow 2 is a Production gun and CZ TS Orange is their Limited offering for hotted-up factory pistols?

I'm not particularly competitive and I really like both, but have the budget for one.

Edited by SubOrbital

As a previous shadow owner and now an owner of a S2X, could you please give me your insight into how you find the shadow better.

Genuinely curious. Thank you.

Because sponsorship? :goof:

So at the end of the day the Shadow 2 is a Production gun and CZ TS Orange is their Limited offering for hotted-up factory pistols?

I'm not particularly competitive and I really like both, but have the budget for one.

Your on the right track. Pick your division/discipline and decide.

I could have stayed with Tanfoglio, but after shooting a Shadow it was easy to change, sponsorship with CZ happened later. First and foremost for me are the flush safeties, I hate, and that's not even a strong enough word for it, the safeties on the Tanfos, and I know I'm not the only one. I hundreds and hundreds of shooters who feel the same way. But that's not all, the Shadow has a better trigger setup than even the nicest tuned Stock whatever. That short hammer strut and springway on the Stocks suck. you can only do so much with a spring that short. Those two things put the base Shadow far far above the Stock models, in my opinion. My Stock II is sitting in the sae as I type this, down a few parts that were loaned out to friends who broke things, I doubt she'll really ever leave the safe once I get those parts replaced. Then you take the new Shadow 2 which is an improvement on the original Shadow, and, I feel, miles and miles ahead of the Stocks.

Jeez, why are the Tanfo guys so bent out of shape about this?

I mean, it isn't like the entire Tanfoglio line is a CZ clone or anything in the first place to talk about who copied who... ;)

Does that all mean that it is ok ,or not ok to buy a cz 1911 ?

:)

I could have stayed with Tanfoglio, but after shooting a Shadow it was easy to change, sponsorship with CZ happened later. First and foremost for me are the flush safeties, I hate, and that's not even a strong enough word for it, the safeties on the Tanfos, and I know I'm not the only one. I hundreds and hundreds of shooters who feel the same way. But that's not all, the Shadow has a better trigger setup than even the nicest tuned Stock whatever. That short hammer strut and springway on the Stocks suck. you can only do so much with a spring that short. Those two things put the base Shadow far far above the Stock models, in my opinion. My Stock II is sitting in the sae as I type this, down a few parts that were loaned out to friends who broke things, I doubt she'll really ever leave the safe once I get those parts replaced. Then you take the new Shadow 2 which is an improvement on the original Shadow, and, I feel, miles and miles ahead of the Stocks.

Thank you for the reply.

So much for the trigger argument...

So where can you get these?

https://youtu.be/ftOygA4FiRQ

Short reset is just one part of a good trigger. Nice try though.

https://youtu.be/ftOygA4FiRQ

As the other use said...much more goes into what most of us call a good trigger than a short reset. Honestly, that reset still looked longer than a Shadow reset.

Bottom line is even most Tanfo guys will strait up admit that tuned Tanfo triggers aren't as good as a tuned CZ trigger. It is what it is.

Are we talking about short reset or limiting forward trigger travel/swing after reset? If you ride your trigger, the forward travel after reset is pretty irrelevant.

Having said that, I'd try one of these out, just to make it feel more 1911 like - couldn't hurt, right?

As the other use said...much more goes into what most of us call a good trigger than a short reset. Honestly, that reset still looked longer than a Shadow reset.

Bottom line is even most Tanfo guys will strait up admit that tuned Tanfo triggers aren't as good as a tuned CZ trigger. It is what it is.

Apparently good enough to win multiple production championships though :) .

These folks are the absolute high end of the sport, by definition. I don't think we can generalize from their performance or their equipment (remember the results of the 2015 Production Nationals?).

These folks are the absolute high end of the sport, by definition. I don't think we can generalize from their performance or their equipment (remember the results of the 2015 Production Nationals?).

Glock perfection for the Trifecta.

So where can you get these?

A Shadow with a pre-B disconnector from CZ Custom will have that same reset length.

Does cz custom plan on doing anything to the shadow 2? I heard they get it first. Wondering if it'll be sold stock or customized.

I own two czc but I think I'd like to try it stock from CZ.