Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

Is CZ the dominate Production choice now?

I don't shoot production, but I did have an observation. I RO'd on one of the stages at the Buckeye Blast a few weeks ago and it seemed like the many production shooters were now using CZs.

I still saw Glocks, M&Ps and XDs but they didn't seem to be in the majority.

Are more people actually switching to CZs or did the Ohio Match just happen to have a greater number of shooters using them? Just curious as I am considering shooting some production later this year.

• Replies 97
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

In central Florida, we have maybe 5 percent of the production shooters using Glocks or M&Ps. Virtually no XDs of any sort. I see CZ's and Tanfos all over the place (and this is including our local club)

I really never paid attention before since I normally shoot limited. However, ROing you get to see what everyone shoots and I was just surprised that there were so many now. I am going to try one at our local 3 gun match this weekend.

Lot's more CZ's around here than there used to be. Still some Glocks, quite a few M&P's, and the latest

toy for the cool kids seems to be SIG 320's that have been to visit Bruce Gray.

We have a mix here in the midwest, primarily polymer guns with a few tanfos and czs. The biggest detractor to the p320 is the lack of aftermarket and the ability to work on it yourself. If they fix those 2 issues it should become more popular.

I haven't taken the time to look but is the Sig X5 (I think that's the name) on the production list? The short demo I saw on YouTube seemed like it'd make a great production gun. Could be wrong but at first glance it seemed it would be a better gun than the P320. Again, I'm not a Sig expert though

I haven't taken the time to look but is the Sig X5 (I think that's the name) on the production list? The short demo I saw on YouTube seemed like it'd make a great production gun. Could be wrong but at first glance it seemed it would be a better gun than the P320. Again, I'm not a Sig expert though

The X5s we have had they the shop were all single action only. Do they make one in double action?

The X5s we have had they the shop were all single action only. Do they make one in double action?

I'm not sure. Maybe they are all single action. I think if they made a DA/SA model it looks like a good pistol to play in Production

O'the cycle of production wonderguns. Few years back it was the polymer striker lightweights, g34 and the MP9. Now its its heavyweight DA/SA guns, SP01 and Stock 2's. I am confident we will return cycle back within a few years.

Yes, majority of the people I shoot with in socal are using a cz or tangfo for production. I run a RLN Custom holster for my different SP01's. Glock 34 make up the rest with single PPQ or VP9 or XD here and there. Very few M&P that I see.

At a local match last weekend of the 10 people on my squad, 7 were shooting a CZ. There was an SP-01, a few SP-01 Shadows, and a few SP-01 Accu Shadows. I have been noticing more and more CZ's from last year to now. The CZ seems to be the most common Production gun in my area. I shoot an Accu and love it. I think the reason I see a lot of CZ's and only occasionally a Tanfo Stock 2 is because of availablity.