Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

First gun you competed with

CowToes

• Replies 133
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

First match I ever shot 2 years ago was a all classifier match. A week before the match I went to buy a gun, and was going to get a Para GI Expert, but the salesman talked me into a XDM 45acp (wish it was a 40cal) I was sure glad he did because at that time they had a special going. If you sent in your receipt they sent you 2 extra mags, and another mag holder so I was set up right off the bat ready for USPSA. So I shot the classifier match, and signed up for USPSA that same night, and the rest is history. This is the most addictive sport I have ever competed in. I expected everyone to be stuck up asses, and man was I wrong. I have met some of the best people I have ever met, and made some real good friends also!

Alloy frame p14. I shot it till some of the holes in the frame started getting oblong shaped. Still that took probably 15 to 20k rounds of old major power factor ammo so it gave me good service and carried me to B. Still have it buried in the back of the safe somewhere.

My first gun was a little unusual. A Colt Lightweight Commander in 38 super. This was my first carry gun I ever purchased for myself. It was a lot of fun, but i was in awe of the compettitors using high cap guns. So I traded my commander and some cash for a Para P14. And thus the race began for better equipment to my credidt card's dismay. :surprise:

My first gun was a little unusual. A Colt Lightweight Commander in 38 super. This was my first carry gun I ever purchased for myself. It was a lot of fun, but i was in awe of the compettitors using high cap guns. So I traded my commander and some cash for a Para P14. And thus the race began for better equipment to my credidt card's dismay. :surprise:

I think I was in the same boat.

Started with an STI Guardian.

IMG_3375.jpg

Shot twice in 3 months.

Then went out and got a custom built 2011.

IMG_3362.jpg

Still recovering from that expense. :blush:

Edited by v1911

Mine was a colt series 80 combat gov't, which was the first factory gun built with features that gunsmiths were doing back then

The stuff we all take for granted, beveled magwell, lowered ejection port, high visibility sights, and the front sight was staked and silver soldered so it wouldn't fly off

I always wanted to shoot USPSA, wanted my first 1911, and I always wanted a red dot sight on a pistol. So I bought a stock Para P18.9 and spent the summer learning 1911's while I converted it into an open gun. So my very first match was shooting an open gun that I had built myself. Here's a picture of that gun, I did the conversion from stock Para to open gun with basic tools, I had a local Gunsmith ream the chamber and install the comp.

104_1621.jpg

• 3 weeks later...

My first was a Makarov, my first pistol ever, in a IDPA type match. My mag pouches were hard plastic multi-tool holsters and an used a Nylon Uncle Mikes holster.

Had a heal mag release, good thing I had to reload from behind cover. The one and only match for that pistol as I sold it to buy my next gun.

306px-%D0%9F%D0%B8%D1%81%D1%82%D0%BE%D0%

The funds from the Makarov went towards a Tanfoglio TA-90. Loved that gun but I could not get it to run 100% and I was tired of sweating through blued guns finish.

TA90001.jpg

After a brief fling with a Steyr S-9, too small but sexy.

Sold the Tanfo for a G17 added good sights and a slightly improved trigger that I still shoot today.

• 1 month later...