Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

First gun you competed with

CowToes

• Replies 133
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

USPSA wasn't my first shooting sport. Thus, to go all the way back to the beginning, I'd have to go with this Ruger Super Blackhawk, with 7.5" barrel and buffalo horn grips. It, its identical twin, a Marlin 1894 (all chambered in .44 Mag/Special) along with a Gawd-awful Stevens 311 shotgun were my first SASS rig.

IMG_20130401_185520_zps7dd191f4.jpg

• 2 weeks later...

1st gun I competed with was a 10/22 with a 4x scope in benchrest, and I was hopelessly outmatched.

My 1st pistol match was in IDPA, with .45 caliber Model of 19 and 11, just as I learned from God & Lt. Col. Cooper.

• 1 month later...

Mine was a S&W745, shooting bowling pin matches at the LGS/indoor range in the late 80s. Paid $410 for that gun (wholesale) with adjustable sights.

Added a threaded comp later. Still have it, still shoot it and still love it.

In the will to my 1st son-in-law, he can REALLY shoot that gun!

Come to think of it, my second was a Springfield Armory 1911 in 38 Super (medium-bore pin-set, big-bore velocity, you know :devil: ). Added a Wichita 2-port bushing comp later, still have that one too. Starting to see a pattern here...

Edited by SandW745

• 4 weeks later...

I don't have a pic but my first competition was a local steel plate match a few years ago which I shot with the only gun I had at the time, a Glock 23 with a Blackhawk belt, Uncle Mike's mag pouch and Bladetech holster.

I started out with a Colt 38 Super with a Bomar sight for practice and at my first match had a tricked out race gun of the day. Colt single stack in 38 Super, comp'ed and tasco dot. Still have them both.

Edited by Reinholt

First IPSC match was at Marion AK with a bone stock Randell 45acp 1911 looked like a Gold Cup.

It's been gone a long time. Had a box of ammo, one magazine and no holster. Had to borrow everything.

We sure had a good time in that old sand pit.

• 3 months later...