Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

Is your carry platform same as competition platform?

uhcoog1

• Replies 298
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I carry an XDm for the most part but shoot the various CZs in competition. I shoot the XDM occasionally in USPSA or production and when I shoot IDPA which is a total of maybe 6 matches a year. Esentially I only compete with it enough to make sure I am still comfortable with it to carry it.

I think it is really just a confidence thing.

Slight thread drift...sure wish I could carry. But the gun I have with me most often, like in its unzipped bag next to me at the computer or in my old Galco if I'm out in the yard or at the range working on the props is my competition gun. 1911 in .40 with the Tripp 10 rounders. I figure since I don't need to worry about concealing it where I can have it, I may as well use the one I'm most comfortable with.

I conceal and compete with a Glock 35. I carry a Glock 22 on duty. I think the closer you can get the "fun gun" to the "Oh @#$% gun" the better off you are. If my department let me carry a 2011 I would compete with a 2011. My vote for a CCW for you would be a 4" STI Tactical or something similar to the gun you shoot most. I wish I had the options SV-COP had ;)

I conceal and compete with a Glock 35. I carry a Glock 22 on duty. I think the closer you can get the "fun gun" to the "Oh @#$% gun" the better off you are. If my department let me carry a 2011 I would compete with a 2011. My vote for a CCW for you would be a 4" STI Tactical or something similar to the gun you shoot most. I wish I had the options SV-COP had ;)

I would have hated to hand over my 3-4 thousand "piece of art" to our non-gun loving property clerk, after any shooting I hapenned to be involved in with it. They don't care how much it costs. To them it's just another gun. Rest assured it won't be cleaned any time soon. Certainly better hope there no blood on it.

It could be years before you get it back...if you get it back at all.

Anyway, this fact alone has kept me from carrying anything other than a glock.

Edited by mwc

• 7 months later...

My primary carry is a Glock 19C that I don't compete with, but my secondary carry is a CZ75 SP01 Shadow that I compete with and carry. I run long distance with the Glock (SmartCarry holster), which is doable but uncomfortable with a Shadow. For the record, I usually carry with an empty chamber. Most IPSC folks here in Israel do not seem to carry on a daily basis, and I respect that. Part of the appeal of the IPSC Production division IMO is being able to compete with a carryable gun, where legal.

Compete with an M&P 5" 40, carry a variety of things mostly a standard M&P 40 but frequent 1911's, Sig 220's and S&w 625/686/J-frame just depending on how im feeling. Probably not the best idea but i shoot them all regularly. My biggest worry is the reloads on the revolvers since i probably practice that the least.

• 2 weeks later...

I carry my Glock 19 and 30S. I primarily shoot the 19 in competition but have used both. I even shoot with the same holster that I carry with. I had switched to a 1911 for competition but had problems switching back and forth from a platform with a safety to one without.