Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

Is your carry platform same as competition platform?

uhcoog1

• Replies 298
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Cz sp01 shadow 9mm for comp. XDS .45 for carry.

I initially started hating the XDS after purchasing and shooting the shadow, bit I've grown to love it again, and now shoot it better than ever.

I am considering a cz compact for a mid size carry gun however.

• 2 weeks later...

I compete with a highly modified M&P 40 Pro in Limited Major.

I carry a lightly modified M&P 40 Full-Size.

My carry gun has the same Apex FSS Polymer trigger as my competition gun, but it pulls about 4# instead of 2#. My carry gun also wears TruGlo TFO sights. Otherwise the carry gun is stock.

The manual of arms is identical, the dimensions are identical, and the trigger feels/breaks the same as my competition gun, just heavier.

This way my competition muscle memory carries over to my carry gun well.

JeffWard

• 3 weeks later...

I use a G34 for 3gun and just placed an order for my first carry gun. I ended up ordering a M&P shield in 9mm. A couple reasons I went with the shield is that it is a slimmer profile for me as I am not that big and feel I will conceal it a little better and be more comfortable. Second reason it is found it online for $345 shipped to the FFL. I have held them and I like the way it feels for a carry gun,

Same platform. Wouldn't do it any other way!
Carry guns/ Home Defense guns= Glock 19s.

Limited gun- Glock 34.

Open Gun- Glock 17.

I happen to like shooting Glocks, but if I were an XD, M&P, or 1911 guy I'd still be consistent all the way around.

I think it's best to stick with the same platform, just a smaller version. I shoot a CZ for competition, and when I draw my G19 carry gun, the front sight is way high above the rear because of the different point of aim. Also, I am used to the DA first trigger pull now, so a single action first pull feels wierd. I'll be looking for a CZ carry gun soon, maybe a PCR or a 2075 RAMI.

I think it's best to stick with the same platform, just a smaller version. I shoot a CZ for competition, and when I draw my G19 carry gun, the front sight is way high above the rear because of the different point of aim. Also, I am used to the DA first trigger pull now, so a single action first pull feels wierd. I'll be looking for a CZ carry gun soon, maybe a PCR or a 2075 RAMI.

I was in the same bot. Consider a CZ Compact L or Compact Shadow as a G19 replacement. Difference between the two is one has a FPB.

post-5345-0-27205100-1402689244.jpg

Edited by alma

• 3 weeks later...

I was carrying a Glock 23 and shooting a Glock 35 in competition, but I picked up the 35 specifically to try my hand at USPSA. Now, I mostly carry a S&W Shield and if I shoot it a lot, I end up shooting my Glocks high.

I used to shoot 1911/2011s in competition and carry an LCP or revolver or little 1911. Now that I'm running M&P almost exclusively for limited, open, and 3 gun, I'm building an M&Pc to carry. Little bigger than the LCP but since the cartels are actually conducting hits near where we shop, I figured it was time for an upgrade. Laser grips, lightened slide, a compact mag with TF extension (easier to carry 18 rounds than a long mag). No trigger work yet, but I'm sure that happens eventually.

I used to shoot 1911/2011s in competition and carry an LCP or revolver or little 1911. Now that I'm running M&P almost exclusively for limited, open, and 3 gun, I'm building an M&Pc to carry. Little bigger than the LCP but since the cartels are actually conducting hits near where we shop, I figured it was time for an upgrade. Laser grips, lightened slide, a compact mag with TF extension (easier to carry 18 rounds than a long mag). No trigger work yet, but I'm sure that happens eventually.

That was the first murder there in 18 years........I think you're OK. :cheers:

That was the first murder there in 18 years........I think you're OK. :cheers:

Its bound to get worse before it gets better, right?

There is something to be said for having your carry gun be the same platform you shoot a lot.