Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

Ammo Catching @ match

• Replies 709
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I know in IDPA they dont allow this ammo catching after you shoot your stage for safety reason. , Some of shooters in USPSA /IPSC do this in the match, I recently was told by someone in local match that it is not allowed anymore even in USPSA. is that something new?

i do it in every idpa and uspsa match i shoot, including idpa worlds and uspsa nats. your friends are misinformed

I'm so happy to see this thread get some action

After a break from uspsa I am so glad to come back and see the same old rubbish!

I was thinking the same thing the other day. I'll bet a guy could leave this forum for 5 years and come back and see the exact same questions and debates. I think everything has probably been discussed a hundred times. Only the names seem to change with time.

I'm so happy to see this thread get some action

After a break from uspsa I am so glad to come back and see the same old rubbish!

I was thinking the same thing the other day. I'll bet a guy could leave this forum for 5 years and come back and see the exact same questions and debates. I think everything has probably been discussed a hundred times. Only the names seem to change with time.

So true.

It never gets old seeing someone post with such authority how this is " not allowed in this or that area, discipline, etc" only to have someone else shut em down with the facts a couple posts later.

At least a half dozen of those in this thread. Good times?

• 1 month later...

I'm waiting for someone to do the NINJA flip & catch (similar to the NINJA load). ie. drop the magazine, and cycle the gun one handed with a sudden fore & aft motion ejecting the chambered round and catching the ejected round.

gotta catch with his teeth to qualify as "Ninja"

I know in IDPA they dont allow this ammo catching after you shoot your stage for safety reason. , Some of shooters in USPSA /IPSC do this in the match, I recently was told by someone in local match that it is not allowed anymore even in USPSA. is that something new?

i do it in every idpa and uspsa match i shoot, including idpa worlds and uspsa nats. your friends are misinformed

not sure if you realised but he posted that 5 years ago.....

I roll it out into m hand slowly, in .40 if you rack that round out using a federal primer and it just so happens to hit that extractor just right you get a boom, and it will hurt.

Well.... I might as well post here too. Since everyone else did.

My name is Mike...I know Mike...get it Mike.

I am a flipper. I'm a lefty Probably M class because I'm about 90% flipping. I'm an A class shooter. You other leftys need more practice if you can't flip. The gun tosses the round toward your free hand!

I shoot a 2011 in .40 but that's not why I flip.

Its just easier to flip than dig through the sand and gravel to get my round back. I'm fine if it does hit the ground, and pretty much everyone else is fine too. Its a live round, not a grenade. Not to say that things might happen, but we all accept some level of risk when we get in our cars, drive on the open road, play a game where we run with loaded guns, shooting them as fast as we can (within reason), all for the entertainment of us and our buddies.

If we were so concerned about flying debris, we wouldn't shoot steel, we would clear the berms of any rocks or other hard surfaces, we would wear plate carriers with body armor, and carry riot shields when we weren't shooting.

There still wasn't a rule against it 5 years ago.

There still wasn't a rule against it 5 years ago.

yes there was...FTDR

- FTDR covers anything the SO subjectively feels is not "right"...