Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

Ammo Catching @ match

• Replies 709
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

The old training scars debate.

So are you just not familiar with how the brain works to learn a skill or do you not believe the science?

BTW, I was told by all the Space Shuttle astronauts I trained for 4 years that the earth is indeed round, becuase you see, they have been up in space and seen it. Of course, I haven't been there yet to see it for myself so I don't really believe them. In fact, I have been plying the world's oceans for over 20 years offshore fishing as a licensed Coast Guard captain and all I ever see is that the world is flat, so you see, How could they be right ..... Just saying ...

Edited by Nimitz

The old training scars debate.

So are you just not familiar with how the brain works to learn a skill or do you not believe the science?

BTW, I was told by all the Space Shuttle astronauts I trained for 4 years that the earth is indeed round, becuase you see, they have been up in space and seen it. Of course, I haven't been there yet to see it for myself so I don't really believe them. In fact, I have been plying the world's oceans for over 20 years offshore fishing as a licensed Coast Guard captain and all I ever see is that the world is flat, so you see, How could they be right ..... Just saying ...

What are you carrying on about? I was commenting on the guys joking about it getting you killed in the street.

I'm not sure whether you're trying to joke back, or if you're actually trying to present yourself as arrogant and rude- but I assure you that you're missing something here.

Edited by WeDefy

• 1 month later...

The safest and easiest way to...as the title says "Ammo Catching @ Match" is to shoot left handed, as I do.

At ULSC,

I keep the gun pointed down range with elbow at 90 degree angle (just above hips)

Take my support/weak hand and rack the slide

Reach to the right side, where the round was ejected and attempt to catch it. (90% catch rate)

Then go back and move slide to rear again to show clear

I never have to flip the gun, the gun never moves

I keep it parallel to ground and pointed down range

My support/weak hand never goes in front of the barrel, only to where the gun naturally ejects the round

The round would have no way of detonating on the ejector, since the gun is designed to be racked that way.

I don't drop the slide when I rack it, I ride it.

I put the round in my pocket or in a mag after I am holstered.

FINALLY AN ADVANTAGE TO BEING LEFT HANDED!!!

Randy

The safest and easiest way to...as the title says "Ammo Catching @ Match" is to shoot left handed, as I do.

At ULSC,

I keep the gun pointed down range with elbow at 90 degree angle (just above hips)

Reach to the right side, where the round was ejected and attempt to catch it. (90% catch rate)

My support/weak hand never goes in front of the barrel, only to where the gun naturally ejects the round

The round would have no way of detonating on the ejector, since the gun is designed to be racked that way.

Randy

yes, the gun is designed to be racked that way. but not with a still loaded round in the chamber. think about it. covering the ejection port with your hand to catch the round is not great.

I have a left handed shooter that I shoot with who does the same thing. makes me cringe.

pulling the slide to eject the round up and out and then catching it is no problem. cover the ejection port as you are pulling a live round out of the chamber? not for me.

At ULSC,

Randy

Assuredly not the safest

I think we can we all agree that the safest thing to do is to wait until your time has been recorded and then send the round into the berm.

You sure would be very safe after that because you would be done for the day.

I think we can we all agree that the safest thing to do is to wait until your time has been recorded and then send the round into the berm.

You're free to do that now -- but the time of that round fired into the berm would be your last shot recorded.....

You could always do a mag dump into the last target, or drop the mag after the first round, then fire the chambered round....

• 3 weeks later...

I never cover the ejection port with my hand when I do this.

My hand is about 1-2 feet away from the gun when I catch the round.

If the round goes off, my hand is on the back of the slide as it is being racked.

My hand goes from the back serrations to the far right side to catch the round after it flies to the right from being ejected.

If the round goes off, my hand is on the back of the slide as it is being racked.

My hand goes from the back serrations to the far right side to catch the round after it flies to the right from being ejected.

Are you saying if your hand covers the ejection port, that is a DQable offense?

Where did you read that?

Youze guys should just do what I do...

I load the exact amount of rounds into my last magazine for the stage.

Slide locks back after last shot and I have no live rounds in my possession.

Hey, when your good, your good...

Where did you read that?

Did not read that..............Asking a question.

The first sentence states "I never cover the ejection port when I do this"