Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

2010 USPSA Area 6 Championships

• Replies 340
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Great match, outstanding stages, awesome staff (as always), perfect facility. Too bad it was the worst performance for me in many years. Also regrettable that my best stage is thrown out!

Still all good and congrats to all the winners......you shot straight.

TC

Just got in from a very long drive.

I want to give a great big thanks to the entire crew at Area 6. You folks put on a great match as always. :cheers:

To squad 22: I couldn't have had more fun with a nicer group of people. Thanks for everything.

I want to give a great big thanks to the entire crew at Area 6. You folks put on a great match as always. :cheers:

To squad 22: I couldn't have had more fun with a nicer group of people. Thanks for everything.

Likewise, and IMO, there isn't a nicer group of people!

I heard the bridge stage got thrown out.

At least it was a stage that I did poorly on, but then again, I'd really have to look hard to find a stage that I did well on :wacko: . Although tough, it was a fun match, and thank you to all who organized and worked the match.

My thanks to all those who worked so hard to put on this great match. Saturday was perfect weather and we had a great bunch of shooters on Squad 6. The stages were challenging and, overall, much better than the collection I shot at Nationals last year.

Likewise, and IMO, there isn't a nicer group of people!

I'll second both posts. It was a very good weekend! :cheers:

I got to meet Sarge, the rest of the crew from OH, and Glockspeed31!

I shot ok but moved real slow. I did beat my 12 year old so I didn't have to listen to *that* all the way home.

Great stages and a great group of people. We RO'd stage 11 Saturday and Sunday. After a few hiccups we got it down to 2.5 - 3 minutes per shooter on a 32 round stage with ^&%$% turtle targets and 4 steel.

I was really proud of Tommy. He worked 12 hours Saturday and most of 10 hours Sunday without a word of complaint or dragging a$$.

Did I mention I *HATE* swingers?!? Well not the kind like Boz, but the kind that disappear when you want to shoot them.

so for us that were not there to hear it, why was 4 thrown out, what is the actual story behind it.....

it was one of my better stages, not that any of them were that great.

These were some tough stages and kicked alot of shooters butts!!

Great match, glad I was able to attend the "Spring" Nationals!!!

Thanks to all the staff that put this together!!

so for us that were not there to hear it, why was 4 thrown out, what is the actual story behind it.....

From what I was told: Remember the last target on the right (T-11) that was available from the bridge?--It was the one available furthest forward on the bridge. Well, apparently (again, only from what I have heard) the ROs on Friday told the shooters that that target was only available from the bridge, and engaging it forward of the bridge was a 180 violation. Well, by Saturday, the ROs were allowing the target to be shot forward of the bridge, which was advantageous. So it got tossed.

Too bad too, as it was one of my best stages.

I found out when I got to the match that I had made B in SS. :surprise:

I was hoping to move up, just not before a big match.... :roflol:

Here's to all the folks that survived and to Clifford, a B shooter on my squad who won HOA in SS. :cheers:

scores are up!

Hi Edwin. I enjoyed shooting with you and Carey (and the rest of the squad) on Friday.

Also, I'm probably in the same boat as spankaveli. Stage 4 was probably my worst as well. Something about those pepper poppers at distance didn't get along with my sighting ability at the beginning of the stage :unsure: .

Dang....gear taken and 4 got tossed (cost me 2 maybe 3 places)...bad weekend all the way around....

Other than that it was a great match....I shot all day on Saturday and things flowed really smooth with hardly no waiting between stages...SUPER JOB to entire Area 6 Staff!!

From what I was told: Remember the last target on the right (T-11) that was available from the bridge?--It was the one available furthest forward on the bridge. Well, apparently (again, only from what I have heard) the ROs on Friday told the shooters that that target was only available from the bridge, and engaging it forward of the bridge was a 180 violation. Well, by Saturday, the ROs were allowing the target to be shot forward of the bridge, which was advantageous. So it got tossed.

Too bad too, as it was one of my best stages.

A no shoot was added as well to compel the shooter to not go too far even if he did take it after the bridge.

Oh yeah, I'm pretty sure Nick Neel got high junior. His dad was on fire, though! When he shot our stage their were a lot of mouths hanging open.

Haaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaa.....that's because they never saw a fat guy move so fast except to the buffet line! surprise.gif

I had a great time, all the stages and staff were very nice. To come in 10th at such a large match is a good deal. Thanks to all who helped put it on.

Nic won high Junior in Open, I think Cody Tucker won High Junior in Production and I think Teepy Porter won High Junior in Limited...

Lee

my compliments and thanks to all that helped run the area 6 match. it was a great match. i've always liked the SRGC, but now that they've added the executive bathrooms :surprise: i think it might be my favorite club (i missed last year's match, so this was the first i'd seen of the upgraded facilities). too bad it's 600 miles from my house.

the stages were good, and definitely challenging. we had a long day on friday and finished in about 10 hours. but my chauffeur/meal planner was on a different squad and didn't finish until about 8pm...that's a pretty long day (hat's off to the ROs that had just as long of a day :cheers: ). i've never been a big fan of splitting the shooting into 2 days, but i might do that next year if the match approaches this year's #s (12 stages, ~300 rounds, ~400 shooters).

on the stage that got tossed, the target in question sure looked like a 180 violation (to me) if taken past the bridge.

Just got a look at the results. Looks like I got 3rd "B" class in Prod. I didn't see that coming or I would have stuck around for the awards. So do I have to drive back to the range to get my plaque? :roflol:

Many thanks to all of the people who worked tirelessly to make this match happen. I thought the stages offered a pretty good ballance of challenging the shooters with speed,accuracy, and tactics. I had a great time and my traveling partner helped make it so, and to think I almost had to do that long trip alone...

I had some serious trouble on stage 11 and dumped about 84 match points and my very best stage got thrown out. So, I didn't finish nearly to where I wanted to but just getting to shoot with Max, K.C., Chris, Travis, Gilbert and the rest of squad 91 made it OK.

Thanks again to all the match staff and match sponsors for all you do for the sport. Congrats to the winners and to the rest of us, better shooting next time...

Shot all day Saturday, grueling, some sort of back up after lunch on stage 1. Sat for over on hour past our start time. Went "minor" at the chrono, but managed to keep a good attitude. Overall the match was fantastic. I am dissappointed that a stage was tossed, as RO's, we should know better. I really loved that stage and plan on taking it back with me to Indiana for our big match at Warsaw.

Should have stayed at a Holiday Inn Express the first night.