Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

USPSA

donno

3 minutes ago, motosapiens said:

matches here are more popular than ever and almost noone knows or cares about whatever stoeger is doing to get clicks.

Cool story, but just because life is normal in your section does not mean that is the case in every section.  FYI most of our section has no idea who Stoeger is nor do they care but do recognize what is going on in USPSA.  Clubs are talking about putting on other matches other than USPSA, and some are open to exploring other rule sets and organizations.   Something to keep in mind here is the Club and their boards (if they have a board) dictates what they are gong to do regarding rule sets, and the matches they choose to put on.  Not the shooters.  Most Clubs (those who run the clubs) completely understand the dysfunction and constant drama that is gong on in USPSA and are put off by it.  

Some clubs are discussing running outlaw matches and giving out prizes instead of giving the money to USPSA to support their shooters versus paying into the abyss.  

It will be an interesting year to see what all the different clubs do.  

47 minutes ago, motosapiens said:

matches here are more popular than ever and almost noone knows or cares about whatever stoeger is doing to get clicks.

Same here.  Everyone having fun and not following what the losers in loserville are saying or doing.

2 hours ago, motosapiens said:

Same here. All local matches sell out quickly. Most have no idea what is going on. Those of us that do know really don’t care. We just want to shoot USPSA.

3 hours ago, donno said:

How much longer will USPSA be around?

If they keep losing money at the rate they have been, less than a decade.

The refusal to incorporate cost saving measures, and then removal of the board member who suggested them, does not give me a lot hope for the orgs future.

3 hours ago, motosapiens said:

It’s kinda odd that you brought him up. I agree he’s a #%*+, I even walked out in the middle of his class but most of what he’s saying seems to ring true. At least I haven’t seen anyone convincingly refute it.

I’m pretty much brand new to USPSA, shooting less than a year but I’ve shot over 50 matches, gotten my RO cert, on a board for a club considering joining USPSA (outlaw for now), and the things I read about the area directors is just bonkers to me. Almost as crazy as the people defending their actions. 😳 Please, convince me all the mismanagement rumors are untrue.

Edited by ColoradoNick

3 hours ago, motosapiens said:

Well, the orchestra played while the Titanic sank.  

You're right, I don't care what Stoeger is doing or saying.  Problem is not Stoeger, it's how poorly the board is managing the organization.

Nolan

From what I see over the last 30 + years active USPSA is doing better than ever out here in the weeds. In my section only club to fold and go outlaw was because match director burn out, he gave them 2 years to replace him. Someone did step up but dysfunctional board decided to go back to outlaw. Went from 80+ shooter sellouts every month to haven't heard them mentioned in 2 years. Of the 30 to 100 people I interact with at matches every weekend I can only think of one with the time to chase dragons ont the net that ever mentions the board amongst the other conspiracy theories. 

I think most people would agree that at the club level USPSA is doing very well. It has a very strong rule set that has been figured out over many years, and while maybe too many divisions, the divisions are pretty good.

I think people that pay attention to the national level of USPSA, generally agree that there are some things going on that need repairing. And I think most people that pay attention would probably agree that it seems like the people running the national level are not interested in repairing any of those things.

As a guy who only shoots at the local level anymore, we could switch from USPSA to PSCL and I would have no issues. We could just shoot USPSA rules as an outlaw match and it wouldn't bother me a bit. I would rather my club get the extra few bucks then sending it off to HQ. I may be in the minority feeling that way but, as a guy who has run a club before I know what you get from headquarters for running USPSA matches...

• ChuckS locked this topic

Realistically if there was one person (or just a dumb AI) managing classifiers, that's all 90% of local shooters need or want.

The other 10% care about the higher match levels RO certifications and the greater org.