Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

Not Range Bag range bag

horhey232

So I live in a relatively nice apartment complex but I still play it like I do not own any guns. My current range bag is my old one when I was in the police academy and it is relatively nondescript which is nice but I want to go a little more "grey man". What range bags are range bags but do not look anything like range bags. I was looking at backpacks but the issue is they are usually covered in MOLLE which defeats it purpose and do not do great at holding the belt rig.

I would like to fit:

-Gun

-Ammo

-Safariland ELS belt w/ holster attached on a mid ride adapter & inner belt

-Eyes & ears

-Water bottle

Any input from experience would be appreciated!

7 minutes ago, Boomstick303 said:

So that is a serious contender there. Thanks!

I've seen the tool bags sold at Home Depot or Lowes used as range bags.  They come is a wide range of sizes, some even with wheels, and the costs are reasonable.  The only logos on them would be Husky (HD's house brand), Milwaukee, Klein or other tool makers.  Nothing firearms related at all.  

I think these bags by Double Alpha Academy are AWESOME. They are purpose build to be range backpacks and they even have a cart for them if you want one. I have the large one and the medium one. I prefer the large one because it holds more and things fit better in it. They deem to be a little pricey but they are EXTREMELY well made. DAA also has a bunch of other types and styles to chose from and all of top quality and durability.

https://www.doublealpha.biz/us/ced-daa-rangepack-ipsc-backpack

c38c1fad0ba25461e8ceefc796cde210.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

If your effort is to avoid being a theft target, keep in mind, thieves love stealing tools too. Maybe a gym duffel bag. No one wants your dirty gym clothes. 

Edited by OPENB

If your effort is to avoid being a theft target, keep in mind, thieves love stealing tools too. Maybe a gym duffel bag. No one wants your dirty gym clothes. 

Maybe modify one of these.

Most thieves don’t want a portable crapper.

8d4773a89170a86bb8ae20d0f418d1d7.jpg

Hello: the 5.11 delivery Rush Lima messenger bag works great. Get the green and black one. It has places on the ends for water bottles and if you put a velcro magazine pouch from Shooters Connection on the inside it works great. It looks like a fancy laptop bag and my wife has even used it for that. I'll post some pic when I can. Thanks, Eric

IMG_3943.jpg

IMG_3944 (1).jpg

IMG_3945.jpg

IMG_3944 (1).jpg

Edited by Aircooled6racer

On 7/24/2020 at 12:12 PM, OPENB said:

Maybe a gym duffel bag. No one wants your dirty gym clothes. 

LOL!  Some people might want your dirty gym clothes, but that’s another issue...

I have a friend who has a regular range bag that he loves and didn’t want to replace when he wanted to go more grey man.  He puts it inside a cheapo gym bag for transportation purposes. So that might be an option if you don’t want to replace your current bag. 

On 7/24/2020 at 11:13 AM, usmc1977 said:

I think these bags by Double Alpha Academy are AWESOME. They are purpose build to be range backpacks and they even have a cart for them if you want one. I have the large one and the medium one. I prefer the large one because it holds more and things fit better in it. They deem to be a little pricey but they are EXTREMELY well made. DAA also has a bunch of other types and styles to chose from and all of top quality and durability.

https://www.doublealpha.biz/us/ced-daa-rangepack-ipsc-backpack

c38c1fad0ba25461e8ceefc796cde210.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I have this bag and like it but nothing screams "This is a range bag" louder . 

If the idea is discretion but you want a  purpose built range bag from DAA, this might be a less conspicuous option:

https://www.doublealpha.biz/us/talong-strong-backpack

I have this bag and like it but nothing screams "This is a range bag" louder .   If the idea is discretion but you want a  purpose built range bag from DAA, this might be a less conspicuous option:

What about it “screams range bag” I have a tool bag that looks strikingly similar...and my computer bag from work looks more like a range bag than the DAA backpack. Someone would have to be hanging hang out with some very high end hoodlums for them think they would know that the DAA backpack is a range bag and think it “screams range bag”. Lol...BTW I fly with mine all the time for work and nobody looks at me weird and TSA never says a word...nor do I get scrutinized like I am screaming “I have a range bag at the airport”. So I would use that as a solid test that this DAA backpack is a solid range bag that does not look like a range bag....but we can always let the OP decide what he thinks of my suggestion I suppose.

43 minutes ago, usmc1977 said:
7 hours ago, Balakay said:
I have this bag and like it but nothing screams "This is a range bag" louder .   If the idea is discretion but you want a  purpose built range bag from DAA, this might be a less conspicuous option:

What about it “screams range bag” I have a tool bag that looks strikingly similar...and my computer bag from work looks more like a range bag than the DAA backpack. Someone would have to be hanging hang out with some very high end hoodlums for them think they would know that the DAA backpack is a range bag and think it “screams range bag”. Lol...BTW I fly with mine all the time for work and nobody looks at me weird and TSA never says a word...nor do I get scrutinized like I am screaming “I have a range bag at the airport”. So I would use that as a solid test that this DAA backpack is a solid range bag that does not look like a range bag....but we can always let the OP decide what he thinks of my suggestion I suppose.

Whatever