Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

Which Glock Mag Extensions do you recommend?

I have TF & MBX. They both work. Biggest thing we have found is to radius the inside of the mag (Glock factory, not sure on others) and smooth out the follower so when the bullets in the extension transition from extension to mag it is smooth.

gerritm

Goliath +20 from Taylor Freelance.....IF your ammo meets its length requirement.  I shoot Federal 124g factory ammo which is a bit longer than they suggest - Talked to Robin at TF - he said it may work but it may not....but that he would refund my $$ if it did not.  It has been 100% reliable.

I like the attachment - doesn't just rely on the plastic lip of the mag - much stronger than any others I've seen.  

A good friend uses the Taccom extension with good results also.

TF is also showing a +30 but doesn't seem available yet.  

Magpul is coming out with a 50rd drum - seems delayed until fall now - their stuff seems to work.

Phil 

• 2 weeks later...

One of the things you have to look at it how well your PCC retains the mags, and how high they sit in the gun.  47 or 50+ rounds in a mag makes it heavy.  Add in the recoil and the mag can shake loose or wiggle enough to change the feed angle and cause a jam.  I've found that in my Leadstar, the ETS 40 mag are much more secure, sit higher, and the top round is pointing directly at the center of the chamber.  SGM and Glock 33-round mags sit lower and the round hits the feed ramp built into the lower.  That's great for round nose, but not so good for JHPs.

I don't plan to shoot my PCC in USPSA.  If I did I'd probably go with the ETS 40s.  Geez!  At $16 each you can buy 5 or 6 of them for what one 33-round Glock mag and an MBX extension cost.  Plus their feed lips are slicker than Magpul, SGM or Glock.  Having said that, I love my MBX 40 and 9mm mags, so I'd be tempted to get one of their metal 170mm Glock mags with the 3" extension for 40 rounds.

Big fan of the Taylor Freelance Goliaths if you're loading within his specs. The attachment of the extension to the mag protects the feed lip. They don't come apart easily, but they are rock solid and you wont break the lip at the base of the mag. The ribbing, smoothed edges and design is very ergonomically made and provides a pleasurable experience. 

I do like the classic TTI extensions for reloads as it keeps the mag from being so unwieldy that you feel like you're swinging a broadsword into the magwell. These have a tendency to disassemble when dropped though. I tend to use a Goliath to drop and just set it aside to be cleaned at home if it gets dirty. 

I use all GLOCK-brand-GLOCK mag bodies as they are inexpensive, well designed, extremely proven and readily available. 

On ‎4‎/‎8‎/‎2020 at 9:43 AM, Darqusoull13 said:

Big fan of the Taylor Freelance Goliaths if you're loading within his specs. The attachment of the extension to the mag protects the feed lip. They don't come apart easily, but they are rock solid and you wont break the lip at the base of the mag. The ribbing, smoothed edges and design is very ergonomically made and provides a pleasurable experience. 

I do like the classic TTI extensions for reloads as it keeps the mag from being so unwieldy that you feel like you're swinging a broadsword into the magwell. These have a tendency to disassemble when dropped though. I tend to use a Goliath to drop and just set it aside to be cleaned at home if it gets dirty. 

I use all GLOCK-brand-GLOCK mag bodies as they are inexpensive, well designed, extremely proven and readily available. 

WTF ?? LOL 🤣🤣

• 3 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...