Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

Which Glock Mag Extensions do you recommend?

Switched from the stock Glock mags to the ETS clear mags to the Magpul mags to the Goliath extension on a Glock mag to the first generation MBX extensions on a Glock mag and have now found the (IMHO) best solution.... The MBX next generation steel magazines with the MBX Steel extensions.

Have run perfectly for the last couple of USPSA matches.

image.png.ae39081fb829d805258dc193abfaa5a3.png

I like my TF Goliath and TT 10 +1 extension.  I also have 2 40 round ETS mags that run flawless in all 3 of my PCCs.   I also have a MBX mini that will not will not run in without a feed issue every once in a while. I've tried it on 5 different Glock mags, a Korean mag and a 31 ETS. It worked the best on the ETS. I've called and emailed MBX and they said to run it on the ETS. Wasn't the resolution I was looking for. So I will stick with TF and TT.

Edited by Kokeman
22 hours ago, pjb45 said:

TF require modifications to your Glock mags.  PIA Even then they may still need more work.  The follower still gets hung up.  I never load them to capacity.

TTI no problems.

I didn't have to do anything for the TFs to run flawlessly.

1 minute ago, Dan Sierpina said:

Delrin is a very tough plastic. Maybe if you dropped a loaded mag from a 2nd story onto concrete, it may. 

I don't know what the best metric would be, but I'm seeing a tensile strength of 11k psi for delrin and 27k for aluminum

Just now, Wesquire said:

I don't know what the best metric would be, but I'm seeing a tensile strength of 11k psi for delrin and 27k for aluminum

I would look at the lubricity of the two, oh, if the extensions need a bit of tweeking to match your individual mag for smooth feeding, I'll take Delrin every day.

Just now, Dan Sierpina said:

I would look at the lubricity of the two, oh, if the extensions need a bit of tweeking to match your individual mag for smooth feeding, I'll take Delrin every day.

That and the weight are why I ended up getting a delrin extension for my big stick. However, I went with a brass basepad for the mag I use when I need a mag change due to it being heavier (for ejection) and stronger.

15 hours ago, TRUBL said:

I only recommend TACCOM.......go figure

Dude's got a point. For the close to the same price as a +5 or +10 of the TF or TTI, you get +25. I have one of the original aluminum versions and it works great. 

Don't need +25, simply download.

Same reason we carry guns; better to have it and not need it than need it and not have it.

Edited by robertg5322
23 minutes ago, Wesquire said:

That and the weight are why I ended up getting a delrin extension for my big stick. However, I went with a brass basepad for the mag I use when I need a mag change due to it being heavier (for ejection) and stronger.

There is no single answer for all the variations we encounter in a match. Sounds like your choices are very sound.