Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

New Glock 22 LR - G44

Yondering

Anybody else see the announcement for the new G44 today? Apparently it's a G19-sized 22 LR. They said the slide is steel and polymer (no surprise there). The release mentioned shipping with 10 round mags, no idea if there will be higher capacity available.

My thoughts - I had a Ciener conversion on a G23 that was a nice size and fun to shoot if the right ammo was used (and after some tweaking); a factory Glock equivalent that is more reliable could be a winner. If the aftermarket picks up the slack with higher capacity mags, this could be a fun little plinker.

• Replies 101
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

I don’t understand why Glock has to keep coming out with disappointing guns every year. The Glock gen 5 reveal was Dumb cause they already had that tech. Built into the first gen. The year before that they came out with the g42 in 380 which was the same size, if not bigger, than the pocket 9mm. My shield is bigger than this and holds more rounds. Now they release a 22lr gun, which is a tiny bit better than years previous, but still leaves me with “really, this is all you cake up with?”  Maybe they are holding out till shot show to release something else but I just figured 2020 would be better. 

now we have to listen to Shane coley and all the other Glock people say how this is the best 22 ever made blah blah blah. 

I guess my hopes were to high for Glock actually building a cutting edge gun. 

3 hours ago, PokerNGuns said:

About time really. They could add a GSSF class for kids and this could be a great introduction gun for introducing them to competitions. 

Indeed.

If the price is right and if it can eat regular ammo then I'd be interested.

My kids complain about the snappiness of my G17 so having this G44 would be a good way to get lots of trigger time in.

5 hours ago, B_RAD said:

Glock is like Jeep. They trickle out minor tweaks and sell them as groundbreaking. Or they finally do something that others have done for years and act like they’re doing something new. 

I think you're over-emphasizing the marketing side of things, which pretty much every other company does as well. It's true though that Glock doesn't release very many large changes. 

The alternative is they could be like Sig, constantly rushing new products to market with poor or incomplete development, relying on their customers as beta testers and using warranty claims for their R&D, and a history of dropping a lot of those products later to chase the next new thing. If that's what you want as a consumer, Glock is probably not for you.

With a career in testing and development myself, I'll say that is one thing Glock does better than most other gun companies, and is why they have such a good reputation for reliability. For development timelines that span years, not days or weeks, that means not chasing squirrels every time a new idea comes along. 

Edited by Yondering

I think they screwed the pooch by making this on the G19 frame. 

Slide is 1", frame is 1.26" 

The G48 frame would have been perfect for this. Especially since they're only doing 10 round mags. 

Oh, and the extra purchase of a threaded barrel plus the adapter to be able to run it suppressed is just B.S. in my opinion. 

Very disappointed by Glock once again. 

I’ll buy one. Never owned a 22LR firearm in my life. According to Glocks web site the trigger pull is the same as other Glocks. And here lately I’ve been putting a lot of practice in shooting strong and weak hand from the draw. Firing one shot usually at the plate rack at 15-20 yard range. Be great for that.
 I’m assuming it’s the same sights as all the other Glocks so I’ll put a orange Ameriglo  front sight on it and shoot steel over the winter instead of being almost the only guy shooting a center fire pistol. 😃
And it just looks like fun!  

I really don't get why do many people are disappointed about this. The basic technology for all the guns we use today hasn't changed all that much in the last 100+ years. Were you all expecting glock to be the first to introduce energy weapons or something?

If the Glock 44 is as reliable as they say, then it sounds like a good time to me.

Having to buy the threaded barrel is BS though.

8 hours ago, Nbrew875 said:

Just found this out the on the LGS side of buying the G44 there isn't a price difference between blue label and commercial price 

Then I guess I won't be buying one anytime soon. Maybe there is no difference at release so I'll give it a year or so.

Already have a buckmark so no rush. Maybe I'll wait till they release one that includes a threaded barrel.

Advantage Arms and TacSol have sold the threaded barrels as "extras" since they started.  No big deal. I'm curious if the frame and internals are straight G19. 

If so, buy the .22 at ~$100 less than the G19 MSRP, and spend another ~$225 for 9mm slide & barrel, and you have 2 pistols, still less than starting with a G19 base and adding a conversion upper.

4 hours ago, Rob72 said:

Advantage Arms and TacSol have sold the threaded barrels as "extras" since they started.  No big deal. I'm curious if the frame and internals are straight G19. 

If so, buy the .22 at ~$100 less than the G19 MSRP, and spend another ~$225 for 9mm slide & barrel, and you have 2 pistols, still less than starting with a G19 base and adding a conversion upper.

The video I watched from TFB said straight swapping a G19 slide is a no go due to a different locking block. Now, whether we can just install a G19 locking block and then rock and roll is yet to be seen.

6 hours ago, MPF said:

The video I watched from TFB said straight swapping a G19 slide is a no go due to a different locking block. Now, whether we can just install a G19 locking block and then rock and roll is yet to be seen.

I doubt it will be able to convert. If you could, why wouldn't Glock just sell conversion slides.

On 12/19/2019 at 9:12 PM, Intheshaw1 said:

I doubt it will be able to convert. If you could, why wouldn't Glock just sell conversion slides.

I've heard the answer to that for years. . .they don't sell parts, just guns.

(*not talking about mags, or sights, but major components)

• 2 weeks later...