New Glock 22 LR - G44

Yondering

• Replies 101
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

I have one. I would post pics with it next to a G19 but there is a size restriction on pics for me. The internals look identical from trigger back. Locking block and molding around it are different. Forward of locking block is same. Gun is slightly lighter than the G19. 

11 hours ago, funflyr said:

My LGS said they're in the mail. Probably have them tomorrow. 

I saw PSA had them in stock for about a minute. I'll wait for the hype to die down and then think about picking one up. 

For the cost of the .22 glock, I would rather buy a centerfire version.

My LGS had one yesterday for $350. The trigger and all the controls feel like a regular Glock and the weight difference doesn't feel like much in the hand. I think it would be a good training gun but I'll pass until the price drops a bit and mags become available. 

12 hours ago, dixonk said:

I have one. I would post pics with it next to a G19 but there is a size restriction on pics for me. The internals look identical from trigger back. Locking block and molding around it are different. Forward of locking block is same. Gun is slightly lighter than the G19. 

Have you fired it yet?  I'm wondering if there are reliability issues with ammo.  I'd be interested in seeing the differences.  I think I will probably end up with one in the not to distant future for Steel challenge as well as practice. 

1 minute ago, Jeremyc_1999 said:

Have you fired it yet?  I'm wondering if there are reliability issues with ammo.  I'd be interested in seeing the differences.  I think I will probably end up with one in the not to distant future for Steel challenge as well as practice. 

I have not yet.  Just had it apart and did some dry firing (yep the G44 can be dry fired).  Plan on hitting the range today or tomorrow.  If you watch the reviews and the people that covered the unveil Glock tested 123 variants of 22 ammo and over the course of 3 years has fired over 1.3 million rounds.  If I remember right they have some samples that have over 40000 rounds without a failure.

13 minutes ago, dixonk said:

I have not yet.  Just had it apart and did some dry firing (yep the G44 can be dry fired).  Plan on hitting the range today or tomorrow.  If you watch the reviews and the people that covered the unveil Glock tested 123 variants of 22 ammo and over the course of 3 years has fired over 1.3 million rounds.  If I remember right they have some samples that have over 40000 rounds without a failure.

Please be sure to post what your experience is.  I have seen the reviews, but also know that some people that do reviews are not always 100% unbiased.

20 minutes ago, Jeremyc_1999 said:

Please be sure to post what your experience is.  I have seen the reviews, but also know that some people that do reviews are not always 100% unbiased.

Will do.  Basically any review that was out before the launch date would have to be slightly or a lot biased.  If I was a manufacturer I wouldn't be sending out demos to people that would trash it.

1 hour ago, dixonk said:

Will do.  Basically any review that was out before the launch date would have to be slightly or a lot biased.  If I was a manufacturer I wouldn't be sending out demos to people that would trash it.

This is why I no longer subscribe to any gun magazines, it became an entire magazine of advertising as none of the reviews ever said anything bad about whatever they were reviewing.

picked mine up yesterday,got home,took it all apart, did the usual polish job and replaced the original connector with a 3lb connector,put it all back together.grabbed a bucket of remington golden bullet .22lr and went out back to my range and proceded to  fire 300 plus rounds as fast as ican and it ran great , not one hiccup,after that i tried a couple of my advantage arms magazines and they run just fine , no feed issues and slide locked back

6 minutes ago, buster53 said:

picked mine up yesterday,got home,took it all apart, did the usual polish job and replaced the original connector with a 3lb connector,put it all back together.grabbed a bucket of remington golden bullet .22lr and went out back to my range and proceded to  fire 300 plus rounds as fast as ican and it ran great , not one hiccup,after that i tried a couple of my advantage arms magazines and they run just fine , no feed issues and slide locked back

Do you have a link to the advantage arms magazines?

On 1/21/2020 at 1:53 PM, buster53 said:

I do not think there is a 3# connector made for a Glock, the Glock minus connector is 4.5#.

So took the G44 out today and shot about 500 rounds through it. Used 3 different ammos. One new box of federal and one box a few years old. They both functioned good and no shooting malfunctions to report. My brother bought a house and there was some 22 ammo that by our best guess is well over 30 years old. None of it would cook off. Just a pop and not enough pressure to send the slide back. No fault of the gun. 

So the gun was a lot of fun. It’s incredible how little recoil there is. You can rapid fire into a 2” circle at 7 yards easily. As for things I noticed. Some rounds had feeding issue when trying to send the slide forward on a fresh magazine. Had it happen 4-5 times actually. If the round is not perfectly lined up on top of the magazine then it will not send forward and cause a misfeed. Another thing about the magazines is you have to pull the spring down just enough to put one round in at a time. If you pull it all the way down and then try to put the rounds in they will stand up straight and jam up in the magazine.

After a rapid fire shooting session between me and my son the gun was barely warm to the touch. Also internally after 500 rounds it does not have the same wear as a center fire glock usually has at the metal on metal parts. 

Biggest complaints I guess is the 10 round magazine capacity. And the fact that my  threaded barrel has still not arrived.

Overall I rate the gun 7/10.

13 hours ago, Hperea said:

Can you? yes...Would it make sense? It depends. If you really want it, get it. Post pics if you decide to do it.

My eye sight is bad, so a red dot help tremendously. I was planning to use it on steel challenge. I use a G34 for carry optic.

On 1/23/2020 at 3:20 PM, dixonk said:

Some rounds had feeding issue when trying to send the slide forward on a fresh magazine. Had it happen 4-5 times actually. If the round is not perfectly lined up on top of the magazine then it will not send forward and cause a misfeed. Another thing about the magazines is you have to pull the spring down just enough to put one round in at a time. If you pull it all the way down and then try to put the rounds in they will stand up straight and jam up in the magazine.

Overall I rate the gun 7/10.

Was this with all types of ammo or was it a specific brand that the first round would not feed?  Do you think it was an issue of the last round not being seated in the magazine correctly? 

Just now, Jeremyc_1999 said:

Was this with all types of ammo or was it a specific brand that the first round would not feed?  Do you think it was an issue of the last round not being seated in the magazine correctly? 

It happened with federal lead 40gr.  I am sure it was probably the top bullet not seated 100% properly. I noticed that slingshot method was more reliable than releasing slide stop.  I have to go OCONUS Monday so it will be mid March before I get more range time with it.

4 minutes ago, dixonk said:

It happened with federal lead 40gr.  I am sure it was probably the top bullet not seated 100% properly. I noticed that slingshot method was more reliable than releasing slide stop.  I have to go OCONUS Monday so it will be mid March before I get more range time with it.

Thanks for the reply.  I think I'm going to wait until higher capacity magazines come out and if Glock will offer a stock model with a threaded barrel