• 2 weeks later...
  • Replies 578
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

1 hour ago, Chillywig said:

What color is that?

Looks sweet!

It's still raw at the moment.  No color.  Unfortunately, the coaters that are open will likely dictate what I decide to go with.  My preference is for the PVD steel color, but we shall see.

Edited by clw42

On 5/10/2020 at 8:14 AM, clw42 said:

It's still raw at the moment.  No color.  Unfortunately, the coaters that are open will likely dictate what I decide to go with.  My preference is for the PVD steel color, but we shall see.

Same issue I ran into. Planned to have my latest rig PVD coated, but Don had no idea when they would reopen so we did black nitride. 

Great looking rig. Don builds great .pistols

1 minute ago, BigBamBoo said:

Same issue I ran into. Planned to have my latest rig PVD coated, but Don had no idea when they would reopen so we did black nitride. 

Great looking rig. Don builds great .pistols

I'm hoping with some things opening up now we may have more options.  Who knows.

Thanks, yeah he does.  He test fired it and is sending off the slide for engraving.

I'm not on FB, so when I contacted Don the first time it was through PM here on Enos.  Then we exchanged numbers and it's all been by text or phone since then.  You could try that, his screen name is donnyglock.

On 5/10/2020 at 11:14 AM, clw42 said:

That's the second time here recently I saw a gun naked before coating and commented about how much I liked the color. Guess I like steel 

1 hour ago, Chillywig said:

That's the second time here recently I saw a gun naked before coating and commented about how much I liked the color. Guess I like steel 

Honestly, so do I.  I'm thinking since PVD is likely out, that I'll go hard chrome and do the magwell, and dot mount black.

On 5/10/2020 at 7:57 AM, clw42 said:
On 5/15/2020 at 4:15 PM, UpYoursPal said:

What’s the easiest way to get ahold of Don these days? I’ve tried messaging him on FB a few times and he has never responded.

Yea he’s usually pretty responsive. I have one of his builds and it runs great . But I’ve been bugging him about getting a gun fixed from another builder  for about 8 months but he’s apparently so backed up now and not taking any new work in . So I’m still here impatiently waiting to get some more of his amazing work . 

Edited by Knguyen1904

1 hour ago, Knguyen1904 said:

I decided to go with two tone chrome for the new one.  That's going to add at least 20 more days...which sucks, but there's isn't much I can do about it.  It's up to the coaters now, and those guys are all backed up or closed as well.  I'm glad I got in on this build before Don stopped taking new work.  I think that's the second time in the past 8ish months he's had to do that.  Good for him that he's that busy...not so good for folks trying to get on the wait list.

Update on my Venom Customs.  I have been running my gun hard.  Shooting major and minor loads, both shoot perfectly.  Not one malfunction.

I shoot up to 6 matches per week. (probable 4-5000 rounds since I took delivery)  USPSA and Action Steel, plus a little training.  I would buy another one in a heart beat If Don wasn't so busy and I had the money.  Thanks Don!  You build a great pistola!

• 2 weeks later...

Being just 30 mins away, visited his shop to check out his masterpieces.

And bought one of his middy.. very nicely done, the fitting, design and balance.. can’t wait to get it early next wk in time for Ky match.

13 hours ago, Rptstoy1 said:

And bought one of his middy.. very nicely done, the fitting, design and balance.. can’t wait to get it early next wk in time for Ky match.

Congrats on the new rig. You will have lots of fun with it. Don builds fantastic pistols.

On 6/6/2020 at 9:45 AM, Rptstoy1 said:

What squad???  would like to take a look at the safe table...

Don did it again.

I have a good friend who is always helping everyone else out and asks nothing in return. So a bunch of us from our club came together and with the help of Don and were able to get him an open gun setup.

Here are the before and after pics. A true testament to Don's work.

20200514_044232 (Copy).jpg

20200514_044237 (Copy).jpg

20200610_114838 (Copy).jpg

20200610_130527 (Copy).jpg

20200610_115004 (Copy).jpg

Don did it again.

I have a good friend who is always helping everyone else out and asks nothing in return. So a bunch of us from our club came together and with the help of Don and were able to get him an open gun setup.

Here are the before and after pics. A true testament to Don's work.

121673444_20200514_044232(Copy).thumb.jpg.66bdc6edf6aa1737ce0b849bf5f5b43d.jpg
565010136_20200514_044237(Copy).thumb.jpg.8691c7d26b0fe8cdeed01cbd05faad77.jpg
741563336_20200610_114838(Copy).thumb.jpg.e3a182c1b4734686c03559a2d354169e.jpg
803432103_20200610_130527(Copy).thumb.jpg.2a808f7780737b98dd030ec30442ca9e.jpg
617811027_20200610_115004(Copy).thumb.jpg.44faef57a40a85a45a5a19a6c2cb6e81.jpg

did you reamer the comp?