Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

Venom Customs!?

IDAHOAASHOOTER

• Replies 578
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I just took delivery of one of Don's works of art.  Shot a USPSA match today with it.  The gun runs, holy cow does it run.  Super flat shooting.  I had a line of shooters who wanted to test fire it.  They were all very impressed with the quality and performance.  Not one hiccup.  Thanks again Don.  Super happy with the gun and a great price.  If anyone here is on the fence about ordering from Don, don't be.  He builds an excellent gun.  

60443595476__9C822810-A3B4-4E11-963A-258B9D0D7FB2.jpg

14 minutes ago, corny said:

I just took delivery of one of Don's works of art.  Shot a USPSA match today with it.  The gun runs, holy cow does it run.  Super flat shooting.  I had a line of shooters who wanted to test fire it.  They were all very impressed with the quality and performance.  Not one hiccup.  Thanks again Don.  Super happy with the gun and a great price.  If anyone here is on the fence about ordering from Don, don't be.  He builds an excellent gun.  

60443595476__9C822810-A3B4-4E11-963A-258B9D0D7FB2.jpg

That gun looks awesome!!! I’m trying to decide which coating to go with on mine. Looks like I may be dialing it in. The silver in this pic looks more rich in detail. 

6 hours ago, Corrado_kid said:

That gun looks awesome!!! I’m trying to decide which coating to go with on mine. Looks like I may be dialing it in. The silver in this pic looks more rich in detail. 

The coating is PVD stainless color

Just got my blaster from Don this week.  First open gun.  Every time I look at it I am more impressed with it and the quality of the build.  Loaded up some test rounds today and cant wait to get out and get shooting it.  Unfortunately, still waiting for an optic from Sig and it may be a little while before I see it according to them.

IMG_2755 copy.jpg

Edited by jsykes

1 hour ago, jsykes said:

Just got my blaster from Don this week.  First open gun.  Every time I look at it I am more impressed with it and the quality of the build.  Loaded up some test rounds today and cant wait to get out and get shooting it.  Unfortunately, still waiting for an optic from Sig and it may be a little while before I see it according to them.

IMG_2755 copy.jpg

Another beauty!!  You guys are making me wish I'd tried the LSI Grip.  I really wish I could have gotten my hands on one, but no one locally had one for me to try.  At least not that I could find.

1 hour ago, jsykes said:

IMG_2755 copy.jpg

It may be quite a while before they can be brought into the country. Throw an RTS2 in there for now and enjoy the new gun at least. 

1 hour ago, Posvar said:

It may be quite a while before they can be brought into the country. Throw an RTS2 in there for now and enjoy the new gun at least. 

Yeah, I know things arent looking good right now.  I do have an original Romeo3 on a rifle that I can take off and use, so I'm thinking of doing that.  RTS2 is another option I'm thinking of.

9 hours ago, jsykes said:

Yeah, I know things arent looking good right now.  I do have an original Romeo3 on a rifle that I can take off and use, so I'm thinking of doing that.  RTS2 is another option I'm thinking of.

Is the OG Romeo3 the same footprint? I know the RTS2 and the FTP Alpha 3 are. Try the FTP if you get in a pinch. I know of a couple 3 moa Romeo3 Max. What MOA are you wanting? I run the 6 on both of my R3 Max. 

I’m told the footprint is the same, just the new ones are longer in front. So a mount for the new optics work with all, but an original mount will not work with the new ones if it has a blast shield. I’ll find out in a bit as I plan to take the original off a rifle and try it today. 

if it doesn’t I’ll consider one of the others till the new one comes. 

I want a 6 moa dot. Sig store has them in stock, but I don’t want to pay their price. I work in a shop and actually get a good discount directly from Sig. but, Sig store is a separate retail establishments that buys stock from the parent company, so Sig won’t pull employee purchase stock from the retail store. So I sit and wait while watching it say “in stock” on the Sig website. But that is my choice for waiting to get it at a discounted rate rather than nearly $800 that Sig wants. 

I would consider a 3 moa dot if I could find one used or a great price, I don’t want to pay full price though to settle. 

Well, that didnt work. Apparently my information was backward.  Looks like the original R3 is longer in front of the mounting holes, so it hit the blast shield on the mount, I was told it was the other way around.  So no R3 mounted and no test fire today.

So I'll either have to bite the bullet and pay a bit more or just wait.  I may do a RTS2 as well while waiting, I can always put that on another gun later if need be.

15 minutes ago, Maximis228 said:

Don is all good. Didnt hit his area.

Yeah, he just texted me.  Crazy stuff though. Glad him and his are okay!!  Looks like the storm caused quite a mess!!

• 2 weeks later...

Don is working on a site, the last time I spoke with him he said the FB page deletion has upped his effort on that.

On another note, I finally found a Romeo3 Max and got it installed. This is my first open gun, so had no idea what to expect.  I loaded up a recommended load from Don of 7.0 grains of Autocomp behind a 124 grain bullet.  I went out and shot it today and was blown away at how easy it was to shoot.  So flat and easy to track the dot.  I love it.  I dont know how it compares to other open guns since I've never shot one, but I'm loving this one and was totally surprised at how easy to shoot.  The load averaged right at 170 pf, 1370 fps with a SD of 10. 

Now to load up a bunch, get a holster for it, do a couple practice rounds and get shooting it.

Thanks Don.

6 hours ago, jsykes said:

Don is working on a site, the last time I spoke with him he said the FB page deletion has upped his effort on that.

On another note, I finally found a Romeo3 Max and got it installed. This is my first open gun, so had no idea what to expect.  I loaded up a recommended load from Don of 7.0 grains of Autocomp behind a 124 grain bullet.  I went out and shot it today and was blown away at how easy it was to shoot.  So flat and easy to track the dot.  I love it.  I dont know how it compares to other open guns since I've never shot one, but I'm loving this one and was totally surprised at how easy to shoot.  The load averaged right at 170 pf, 1370 fps with a SD of 10

Now to load up a bunch, get a holster for it, do a couple practice rounds and get shooting it.

Thanks Don.

Pictures?

• 3 weeks later...

Anyone have success in getting in touch with Don for a build recently? Shot him a message on Facebook and an email last week, haven't heard back yet. Understandably so, what with everything that is going on recently; just wondering if he perhaps isn't accepting orders for new builds at this time?