Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

Venom Customs!?

IDAHOAASHOOTER

On 10/1/2019 at 1:47 PM, clw42 said:

So do I.  I'm not sure, but there are posts saying that it's one of the lesser aggressive grips.  That may be true, but it's more than aggressive enough for me and I've shed the blood to prove it.

Cheely is doing an "EXTRA AGGRESSIVE" pair of grips for me. You can always tone it down with a file if you need to. I'd rather have the callouses.

• Replies 578
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

7 minutes ago, SSGJohnV said:

Cheely is doing an "EXTRA AGGRESSIVE" pair of grips for me. You can always tone it down with a file if you need to. I'd rather have the callouses.

I don't think I'd personally go any more aggressive, but I completely agree that it can be files/sanded if needed.  I'm not going to do it because I figure it will wear in on it's own.

7 minutes ago, clw42 said:

I don't think I'd personally go any more aggressive, but I completely agree that it can be files/sanded if needed.  I'm not going to do it because I figure it will wear in on it's own.

More options are always better in my opinion. I ran an SV aggressive for a while and it downright stabbed into my hand. I'm a fan of that. I want the grip to hold onto ME.

4 minutes ago, SSGJohnV said:

More options are always better in my opinion. I ran an SV aggressive for a while and it downright stabbed into my hand. I'm a fan of that. I want the grip to hold onto ME.

I totally get that.  Luckily, the E2 gives me that.  It's like velcro to me.

• 3 weeks later...
2 hours ago, SSGJohnV said:

For those of you wondering what the Extra Aggressive "DNA Collector" Cheely Grip looks like.

Holy Crap dude, the regular aggressive is still tearing up parts of both hands.  That just looks sadistic!

5 hours ago, SSGJohnV said:

For those of you wondering what the Extra Aggressive "DNA Collector" Cheely Grip looks like.

73236821_10104833526146923_6831394089879994368_n.jpg

Looks like I might need to upgrade to this. To date there still hasnt been a grip that's "grippy" enough for my hands. I worked framing houses for years and even the svi aggressive wasnt good enough. I look forward to trying this one out 

Edited by AverageJoeShooting
Misspelling

• 2 weeks later...
On 9/26/2019 at 6:21 AM, clw42 said:

Honestly, this pretty much sealed it for me:

I believe Ken actually has a middy, and mine is a full size, so the little added weight up front, plus the 2x  3/16" holes, I don't think I'd be gaining much with the extra port.  With the 5.4" hybrid barrel, the thing shoots silly flat.

very nice gun...silly flat.... 

My turn.

Just received my Venom today. I will just reiterate what others have said about Don. He is a true gentleman and fantastic businessman. He took time to answer ALL....and there were quite a few....plus never got annoyed with my mid build changes.

And the pistol has exceeded my expectation. I will be having him build me a middy soon.

So....it went from a box of parts...to this work of art you see below.

9mm Major.
Hybrid barrel with two holes
E2 aggressive grip
8 moa RTS2
etc, etc.

Resized_20190626_194301.jpeg

IMG955737.jpg

3 hours ago, BigBamBoo said:

My turn.

Just received my Venom today. I will just reiterate what others have said about Don. He is a true gentleman and fantastic businessman. He took time to answer ALL....and there were quite a few....plus never got annoyed with my mid build changes.

And the pistol has exceeded my expectation. I will be having him build me a middy soon.

9mm Major.
E2 aggressive grip
8 moa RTS2
etc, etc.

IMG955737.jpg

Hey I like the looks of that 😉. Looks familiar 

5 hours ago, BigBamBoo said:

My turn.

9mm Major.
E2 aggressive grip
8 moa RTS2
etc, etc.

IMG955737.jpg

Great looking gun!  Congrats.  I've had mine for a couple of months now and it's been flawless.

Don is definitely the man.  I'll be contacting him after the new year for my second build.

Edited by clw42

Knguy....I originally had a different color scheme in mind, but then decided on something less blingy. Your setup was on my short list and had influence on my colors.

I have to get a shell plate and dies this week so I can go shoot it now.

• 3 weeks later...

Just sent off a deposit to Don this week for a new middy build.  This will be my first venture into the open game.

Don was great explaining everything and working with me, someone that doesnt have any open gun experience.  Very honest guy and am leaving much of the build up to him and how he would "build it if it were his own."  Can't wait.

On 12/6/2019 at 12:42 AM, jsykes said:

Just sent off a deposit to Don this week for a new middy build.  This will be my first venture into the open game.

Don was great explaining everything and working with me, someone that doesnt have any open gun experience.  Very honest guy and am leaving much of the build up to him and how he would "build it if it were his own."  Can't wait.

That was my experience as well.  Don's great.  I'm putting parts together now for my second build.  I was going to go middy this time, since my current one is a full size, but it's going to be my back up so I'm reconsidering and will likely have him build something basically identical to my current gun.   Does it make more sense to have the back up as close to the primary as possible, or does it not make that much of a difference?

Edited by clw42

4 hours ago, BigBamBoo said:

I was bored today....and it seems like “all” the cool kids have covers for their open guns. So, I made one up for myself. 

E6-AF5691-C13-B-4792-88-DB-97-CF3316951-

4-AA9-B7-C1-CBFD-4118-A0-A8-A7-AB2839369

Those look fantastic 

• 3 weeks later...