IDAHOAASHOOTER

• Replies 578
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

4 hours ago, Superkaratemonkeyfighter said:

So I guess He’s mostly a open gun guy ?

any pics of limited builds?

He does a lot of them. I have built two with him myself and know quite a few others who have as well.

Limited guns are far easier to build than open guns anyways due to less parts.

His gunsmith skills are right there with the "elete" names. As a matter of fact, his name should be in the "elite" list if its not already.

If you know Donny, his actions speak louder than "words: or "titles" and he could give a rats ass about words. 

I challenge someone to second guess is repudiation,  his product owners will shut you down.

Buy with confidence. 

I 100% echo all the sentiment about Don. These guns have gun amazingly since I got them. Not a single issue until some slide slow-down around 800 rounds into a practice session, but that's to be expected during the break-in period of brand new guns.

The quality of the fitting and blending is far above my previous open gun built by another gun smith that's known around here. I couldn't be happier with the guns, and with all my communications with Don.

phejYrd.jpg

• 2 weeks later...

I contacted them last week via FB and was told they are not accepting new inquiries......I then asked when would be a good time to discuss a future project and received ZERO response.

So.......lots of doubts.......

7 minutes ago, echotango said:

My 92 yr old mother in-law emails everyday. No excuse for not responding except for poor business practice.   

🤣🤣🤣🤣

Shooters ... "I want to get daily updates and progress pic of my build" Or "I want to ask 1000 questions before starting my build"

Smith... ***Smith not answering cuz hes blending his 4th pistol of the day***

Shooters... "WHY WONT YOU ANSWER ME?!?!"

Smith.. "I was working on builds all day long, Here is the answer you were looking for..."

Shooters..."This is unacceptable"

Smith... ***Smith shrugs as he looks at his long wait list of builds***

Sorry if I haven’t responded guys.  It’s a 15-16 hour a day business most days. I try and respond to everyone but sometimes things fall through the cracks. I’m one guy and I have no employees. If I don’t respond to messenger send another message please. 

45 minutes ago, Maximis228 said:

🤣🤣🤣🤣

Shooters ... "I want to get daily updates and progress pic of my build" Or "I want to ask 1000 questions before starting my build"

Shooters... "WHY WONT YOU ANSWER ME?!?!"

Smith.. "I was working on builds all day long, Here is the answer you were looking for..."

Shooters..."This is unacceptable"

Smith... ***Smith shrugs as he looks at his long wait list of builds***

Not what I was talking about.  I was referencing someone emailing inquiring about a build.  Not someone who is building asking 100's of questions.  Not sure where it said that above?  Please point out where it says he does not answer my 100's of questions?  

49 minutes ago, Maximis228 said:

🤣🤣🤣🤣

Then put on your website "not accepting any new builds at this time".  this doesn't waste people time and keeps the builder from looking bad. 

Edited by echotango

Just now, echotango said:

Then put on your website "not accepting any new builds at this time".  this doesn't waste people time and keeps the builder from looking bad. 

Aw jeeze. Its fun when people tell others how to run their super successful business. LOLOL

I am not bashing anyone.  This is a generic response.  I am glad he has tons of business.

I have tried to contact builders and co's in the past with no response.  I understand people are busy.  you can post on your website or have an automatic email stating not accepting new business.  

I get lots of my business from people who do not respond, so it works for me. 

Edited by echotango

I don't really want to get in the middle of this pissing contest, but I've done two builds with Don and I wouldn't go anywhere else.  He's a stand up guy that does fantastic work, and supports his customers.  Now let's all brush the sand out of our vajayjays and move on.  I'm sure RGC will be responded to now that Don is aware of the message.

1 hour ago, clw42 said:

I don't really want to get in the middle of this pissing contest, but I've done two builds with Don and I wouldn't go anywhere else.  He's a stand up guy that does fantastic work, and supports his customers.  Now let's all brush the sand out of our vajayjays and move on.  I'm sure RGC will be responded to now that Don is aware of the message.

I have an open gun from him. Its amazing and hands down lives up to every ounce of hype

I didnt imply anything negative, just that he said he is not accepting orders and I wanted to know if he was or when as would like to be on the short list.  Thats all.

How about yall understand its a one man shop, imagine trying to get s#!t done and people blowing up your phone asking questions when there's probably an 80% chance they ain't gonna spend a dime. Meanwhile, the people who aren't window shopping, who have paid the man to do his thing are waiting patiently. Cause if you've ever dealt with Don you'll know he ain't that guy who takes your money and doesn't communicate. 

No new builds means just that, no new builds at this time. You guys should be respectful of that cause many builders will take a deposit and just make you wait. Metering ones workload keeps the build time and quality exactly where he wants to keep it and where he's comfortable.  

Imagine your answering 3 social media platforms, emails, phone calls, text messages. Then dealing with getting parts, and dealing with coating, and dealing with shipping. 

Buy with confidence, wait with confidence.  You won't be disappointed.  

Cheers 🍻 

I simply couldn't be happier with my guns that Don built. I supplied parts to him that I preferred, and he also let me know what he has experience working with and likes. His communication, even with me being in Canada, was fantastic. I didn't mind one bit that he prefers facebook messenger (I do too) - my pair of guns were built with just one phone conversation. Everything else was done via messages. This means that I can send him a note when it was convenient for me, and Don can reply when he had time between building guns, or whatever else he might have going on in his life. Most of the time, it was a pretty damn quick response from the man.

His wait time is still far less than many other builders, and the end product is very comparable to the top tier names we have building custom 2011s in this sport. I came from a FGW gun, and Don's work is absolutely a notch above. I had dreams of having SVIs built before... and now I don't. I've used and competed with Atlas guns as well, and I find Don's work to be superior to AGW guns too.

A pair of open guns, 6000 rounds through the practice gun, and 800 through the match gun now. The fact that I was comfortable with using the match gun after 400 rounds of practice is a testament to how much I can trust Don's work.

img-4796_orig.jpgimg-4811_orig.jpg

I haven't posted videos on YouTube recently, but check out just how my Venom Custom guns work from my Instagram:

Edited by Unregistered