How many stages is your local?

CTJer

• Replies 50
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

For me it really depends on the day. there are weekends where I will shoot a Friday night match, Saturday and then one on Sunday. By the end of the weekend I'm pretty beat up so I like the fact that Friday nights are only 4 stages going into a weekend like that. If it's just one day I'm shooting; the longer the better .. usually 5-6 stages. 

48 minutes ago, wurm said:

Home club runs 9 field courses every month. Two others usually run 8 stages each a month. One other club that runs a 6 stage match monthly.

Damn.  Where about is that action?

here in the ATL we have several great clubs both indoor and outdoor.

Indoor matches - GPSL - usually 3 stages every tuesday

- NAAS - 2 to 4 stages depending on size of the turn out

there are other indoor USPSA matches just two far away for me to get to.

Outdoor matches -

- River Bend Gun Club; this club has one of the highest turn outs for a monthly match. Usually over 100 shooters and 8 stages with one being a classifier. 

- South River Gun Club; this club runs two monthly USPSA matches (one as a temp match while another local club deals with some fussy neighbors) usually 6 to 7 stages each match with about 40 to 75 shooters 

there are other outdoor matches but most are out side of my driving range.

We also have a lot of IDPA and GADPA matches locally both indoor and outdoor.

2 hours ago, robchavous said:

We've had to bump up from 6 stages to 8 most months due to increase in shooters over the last year or 2.

Sent from my SM-G930V using Tapatalk

Sounds like a good problem to have.......as long as you have the set up help and bays to accommodate. 

On 8/8/2018 at 9:41 PM, CTJer said:

Damn.  Where about is that action?

Southeast Michigan. We've got a pretty healthy USPSA group around here. The 9 stage club is the Wayne County Raccoon Hunters Association. 

4 longish stages + classifier

4 longish stages + classifier

4 longish stages, 1 short course, and classifier

4 outdoor stages, 1 indoor stage, and classifier (on hiatus this year but will probably be back next year with 1 more stage)

23 minutes ago, CTJer said:

Do all you guys with the 7-8+ stages have as many pits to shoot in?   Or do some stages get doubled up in a pit?

We have that many bays.  If it's a bigger match, like a sectional or level 2, other parts of the range will be used as well, like the shotgun range.  

Generally, the sort-of-local 7 to10 stage contests that I've gone to use whatever shotgun and rifle ranges they have, too. Often you can get at least 2 stages into a rifle or shotgun range.

My really local has a large pit that can fit two small stages, too.