How many stages is your local?

CTJer

• Replies 50
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

6-8, my favorite was only 4 on Sunday afternoons.

I think it might be enjoyable if clubs with room kept the number of squads the same and ran a couple short/medium stages in bigger bay(s) occasionally.

2 minutes ago, Beef15 said:

6-8, my favorite was only 4 on Sunday afternoons.

I think it might be enjoyable if clubs with room kept the number of squads the same and ran a couple short/medium stages in bigger bay(s) occasionally.

That’s kinda where I’m at with this particular club.  We have 4 bays to work with.  

I’m thinking 2 field courses, a medium with a single string classifier, and then 2 shorter 12-14rd courses would fit the bill. 

The local monthly matches are usually 4 or 5 stages, stuffed into a small bay and a large one. Usually, the same props are used for 2 or 3 different stages: a long one with everything, and small ones that are parts of the big one, with some quick changes. Participation isn't all that much, so it works OK.

We also do an annual match with pretty good participation. Then, the shotgun and rifle ranges are taken to our use too, to get to 8 stages.

Edited by perttime

5 field courses and 1 classifier is normal.  In mid-summer 100+ degree temperatures when attendance can go down (especially holiday weekends), that sometimes drops to 4+1.

Edited by JAFO

Would you rather hit a 5 stage (4+classifier) with field courses or add a 6th stage and run a few 12-14rd short courses over that 1 big 32 round course?

Prefer classifier, one 30-32+ stage, short course speed shoot, and the balance good (emphasis added) 24-29 rnds courses. Good mix of technical and fast stages for all medium and long courses.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk