Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

C-More Thoughts

• Replies 62
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I have 6 or 7 c-mores on various guns or carbines and have had them for many years.  I know it is anecdotal, but many of the non-click models have failed and none of the click models have.  The most common failure mode is failing to turn off completely and killing the battery.  I could turn the dot all the way down and the dot would still be visible in dim light.  

Just throwing it out there Amazon always has some great deals on the railways. Most of the time it’s usually on the wrong MOA dot but I got the 12 moa dot for $180 than just bought the 6moa module and it still saved me a bunch. Here is the 4 moa, basically get 2 dots for the regular price.
d5198916c4da5c0d663bb75b0a8316d8.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Here is the tactical if you don’t mind gray and it’s a smoking deal. $215 plus $50 for what ever module size you want, so $265 total. The 6moa in black is normally $300 plus. The aluminum one is on sale to right now for a decent price for the 6MOA it’s only $287.

760fa7a11cbed47a626b1df5af7e8c58.jpg

That’s a smokin deal, yah the prices change all the time but generally they are way cheaper than anyone else. Now just buy whatever module size you like.

I’m actually going to run with the 8 MOA for a while. I’m running a 7.5 moa deltapoint currently on this gun, so 8 seems about right.

I run an 8-moa click, also bought on Amazon a few years ago -$$cheap$$-I think it's the perfect size. I'm some what interested in trying out a Russian made Kobra sight. It has 4 different reticles and easy to zero than a C-more. They make one powered by a CR2 lithium battery which should last a long time. I've used one on a AK years ago.

Edited by pivoproseem
1 minute ago, pivoproseem said:

I run an 8-moa click, also bought on Amazon a few years ago -$$cheap$$-I think it's the perfect size. I'm some what interested in trying out a Russian made Kobra sight. It has 4 different reticles and easy to zero than a C-more. They make one powered by (i think) the same size battery as a c-more. I've used one on a AK years ago.

Ah, the $49 C-mores! Mine are still working great! That was quite a find!

• 1 month later...

I own 2 C-More railways. And would not recommend buying one. Both of mine are temperature sensitive. The impact goes down when it's cold and they shoot higher when it's hot out. They are both polymer. The amount of shift runs about 4" inches low at 20 yards going from a 60 degree day to a 40 degree day. I never trust them. And always rezero the day before the match and just hope there isn't too big of a temperature swing by the next day. I think the plastic expands and contracts with temperature change which in turn pushes or pulls the lens out of place.  I'm shooting an inexpensive $100 dollar Sightmark on my PCC. It hold it's point of aim and has a nice selection of reticles. It's as bright as the C-More too.

26 minutes ago, cylindrically challenged said:

I own 2 C-More railways. And would not recommend buying one. Both of mine are temperature sensitive. The impact goes down when it's cold and they shoot higher when it's hot out. They are both polymer. The amount of shift runs about 4" inches low at 20 yards going from a 60 degree day to a 40 degree day. I never trust them. And always rezero the day before the match and just hope there isn't too big of a temperature swing by the next day. I think the plastic expands and contracts with temperature change which in turn pushes or pulls the lens out of place.  I'm shooting an inexpensive $100 dollar Sightmark on my PCC. It hold it's point of aim and has a nice selection of reticles. It's as bright as the C-More too.

I have never heard anybody else have that problem with a Cmore.

1 hour ago, Sarge said:

I have never heard anybody else have that problem with a Cmore.

Hello: That is a new on me as well. I have been shooting C-Mores for over 10 years and have never had that problem. Is it a real C-More or a knockoff? Are you locking down the lock screws? Is the mount and C-More screws tight? Thanks, Eric

I’ve got 7 Cmores. 

Oldest is well over 20 years old. 

Mounted on Open major pistols , PCC’s and .22’s. 

Other than the screws coming loose occasionally I’ve never had one fail. 

Shoot in all types of weather. 

Have never had an issue with temperature variance. 

All are polymer. 

Some click switch 

some not

I prefer the click. 

totally satisfied

I'm having a heck of a time with the American Defense QD mount for my CMore on an MPX (handle keeps wiggling open every other course of fire even though it's tight), but the sight itself is awesome.  Left the MRO on the Tavor (home defense and match backup gun), as the CMore was faster at half the price.  The MRO is a much tougher, heavier built red dot, but for matches that's just not an issue.

Haven't had any issues with dot drift, and I've shot it in VERY cold match conditions (just above freezing) and indoor conditions (75) two days later.

Edited by NervousEnergy
typo
On 12/29/2017 at 9:54 PM, pivoproseem said:

I run an 8-moa click, also bought on Amazon a few years ago -$$cheap$$-I think it's the perfect size. I'm some what interested in trying out a Russian made Kobra sight. It has 4 different reticles and easy to zero than a C-more. They make one powered by a CR2 lithium battery which should last a long time. I've used one on a AK years ago.

That Kobra looks nice, but the one Im seeing looks like you would have to dismount it to change the battery. Yuck 

On ‎12‎/‎21‎/‎2017 at 10:06 AM, AzShooter said:

I have the aluminum model.  If you change dots you have to re sight in,  My battery seems to last 1 month.   I replace it right before a match  and then I know I can get in my practice but have to replace the battery before the next match.   I like the click adjustable.  I know I have to count 7 clicks to get the same intensity for each session.  I'm going to have to ty the 2 357 batteries.  Maybe they will last longer.

I have the Aluminum model also.  The two 357 batteries don't last any longer.  Walmart carries a 3 pack of 357 Energizer batteries for about $5.  Buy two packs and throw them in your range bag.

been a cmore fan for more years than some here have roamed the earth. That being said, last year, I weaned myself off them for the Vortex Venom (guess I like the battery on top). It's been really good and I like. I did just order the Holosun 510C........I really do like the circle dot and up tile now you could only get it in an EOTECH or the cheap panoramic sights. I'm not tooo crazy about the 8 ounce weight, but we'll see. I also see that they are coming out with I believe the 507C which is more like the venom in size but with the same circle dot reticle, may try that one as well.

For PCC I've been running anything from a 4MOA to 6MOA.......the holosun has a 2MOA, but with the circle......I really think that is the ticket in this game.

On ‎2‎/‎6‎/‎2018 at 11:01 AM, NervousEnergy said:

I'm having a heck of a time with the American Defense QD mount for my CMore on an MPX (handle keeps wiggling open every other course of fire even though it's tight), but the sight itself is awesome.  Left the MRO on the Tavor (home defense and match backup gun), as the CMore was faster at half the price.  The MRO is a much tougher, heavier built red dot, but for matches that's just not an issue.

Haven't had any issues with dot drift, and I've shot it in VERY cold match conditions (just above freezing) and indoor conditions (75) two days later.

I've got 2 of the ADM C-more mounts, so I'm not sure how your mount lever is wiggling open. They have a lock you have to depress to open the lever. It can't open otherwise.

I bought my first C-More shortly after their introduction.  I still have it and its still running strong.  Currently have two on open pistols, two on shotguns and four on ARs.  Its a mix of polymer and aluminum, several click switch and several regular switch.

The only problem I have ever had, other than a module going dim due to use and age, is a couple of the polymer frame C-Mores have cracked at the screw that locks down windage adjustment.  They will crack even if you are careful to not overtighen.  But so far this has not adversely affected accuracy or function. I've not had to send any of them in for repairs.

I'm pretty much a fair weather shooter but have had the guns at the range in temperatures from the low 40's to over 100.  I've never seen a change in zero.

For me, they are fast, accurate and reliable.

Edited by Flatland Shooter

I borrowed one 4 moa, click and plastic.  My buddy was complaining that he can’t shoot well with.  So I tried it on my rifle and it would not hold zero on two different trips.  Both time was at an indoor temp control range.  He got it replace and it is still going well.  

19 hours ago, OPENB said:

I've got 2 of the ADM C-more mounts, so I'm not sure how your mount lever is wiggling open. They have a lock you have to depress to open the lever. It can't open otherwise.

Yep, and the lock seems solid.  I can't move the lever with my finger without pushing it in.  It's come loose after every second or third course of fire, however, so there's something going on... perhaps the impulse of the MPX is enough jolt the small locking lever while shaking the main lever out.

Tempted to take it to the range, put a camera on it, and see if I can reproduce it. 

I don't know why everyone is so set on continuing to use an outdated garbage sight. The c-more is a piece of junk, both in construction, display, and battery life. I've run one in the past and couldn't be more disappointed. The fact that this sight cannot remain turned on for a match day without fading is amazing. In terms of value for your money, get yourself a holosun 510C. Great battery life, easy to pick up dot and a big window. Everything you need for being fast. That is just one of many good options available. 

2 hours ago, yellowthunder said:

I don't know why everyone is so set on continuing to use an outdated garbage sight. The c-more is a piece of junk, both in construction, display, and battery life. I've run one in the past and couldn't be more disappointed. The fact that this sight cannot remain turned on for a match day without fading is amazing. In terms of value for your money, get yourself a holosun 510C. Great battery life, easy to pick up dot and a big window. Everything you need for being fast. That is just one of many good options available. 

Riiiiigggghhhhttttt!