Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

C-More Thoughts

• Replies 62
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Nothing beats the sight picture.  I shot an MRO for nearly a year, and it's a great sight... technically better than the C-More in most criteria:  build quality, toughness, battery life.  After running the C-More for just a few matches it's hard to look through the MRO... just feels huge and distracting, and it's way better than the Holosun for getting out of the way.

I'd pay MRO pricing to get a C-More with better battery life and easier adjustability, but regardless it's the best thing going for acquisition and transition speed. 

9 hours ago, NervousEnergy said:

...technically better than the C-More in most criteria:  build quality, toughness, battery life.  After running the C-More for just a few matches it's hard to look through the MRO... just feels huge and distracting, and it's way better than the Holosun for getting out of the way.

I'd pay MRO pricing to get a C-More with better battery life and easier adjustability, but regardless it's the best thing going for acquisition and transition speed. 

In a lot of ways, you kinda just described the RMR...  FWIW IMHO, for a game gun get an RTS2, but for a working gun, get an RMR RM06.

I've got a c-more on my STI Steel open gun. Came with it.  I like it.  I have noticed or at least it appears to me that my zero is sometimes off.   Maybe 1.5" at 36 feet.   I have a heck of a time getting it back on bullseye;  Seems like one or 2 mags all is good and then for no reason next one is off.  Screws are all tight and identified w/nail polish if they turn.   

One thing I'm curious about is if there is any issue in mounting the c-more horizontally.  I changed to a horizontal mount for better ejection clearance.   One guy was telling me that the plastic c-mores won't work well mounted horizontally and that I need an aluminum one.   Seems like urban myth to me. 

7 hours ago, jrdoran said:

One thing I'm curious about is if there is any issue in mounting the c-more horizontally.  I changed to a horizontal mount for better ejection clearance.   One guy was telling me that the plastic c-mores won't work well mounted horizontally and that I need an aluminum one.   Seems like urban myth to me. 

Never had a problem with the two I had mounted on the open glocks that I ran. They are both mounted on pcc's now

On ‎2‎/‎11‎/‎2018 at 6:08 PM, jrdoran said:

I've got a c-more on my STI Steel open gun. Came with it.  I like it.  I have noticed or at least it appears to me that my zero is sometimes off.   Maybe 1.5" at 36 feet.   I have a heck of a time getting it back on bullseye;  Seems like one or 2 mags all is good and then for no reason next one is off.  Screws are all tight and identified w/nail polish if they turn.   

I use nothing but plastic C-Mores on 90 degree mounts on all my open centerfire and rimfire pistols, although the one that came with my STI was the plastic one with the metal ratchet brightness knob. Mine never go off zero although on one of mine I put longer screws in it so I could put nuts on the back side of the mount also. That might be an option. I use 16 MOA dots for Steel Challenge.

On ‎2‎/‎6‎/‎2018 at 9:01 AM, NervousEnergy said:

I'm having a heck of a time with the American Defense QD mount for my CMore on an MPX (handle keeps wiggling open every other course of fire even though it's tight), but the sight itself is awesome.  Left the MRO on the Tavor (home defense and match backup gun), as the CMore was faster at half the price.  The MRO is a much tougher, heavier built red dot, but for matches that's just not an issue.

Haven't had any issues with dot drift, and I've shot it in VERY cold match conditions (just above freezing) and indoor conditions (75) two days later.

I think you can mount this AD QD with lever on either side. But if its on ejection port side the QD lever may want to flip open on recoil.

What side is your QD lever on? If on ejection or right side you may want to flip it