Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

P320 X5 Thread

BASE772

Mine was the same with a 14lb spring. I got better results with the stock spring and guide rod.

The tungsten guide rod didn't seem to do it and that is running lighter springs. I liked the feel of the 11lb the best.

Here is another x5 video. My last because I've sold it.  :)

• Replies 2.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

4 minutes ago, jaep1911 said:

What was wrong with the gun?? You were shooting like a world champion!!

Agreed.... Seen some of his other vids and he’s on point for sure. Probably won’t matter what he shoots though.😊

On 6/23/2019 at 9:24 PM, BillGarlandJr said:

I had my rear sight break. A crack that radiated out from the elevation screw developed after about 5000 rounds. I've since replaced the broken one and got another to have as a spare. I also switched to a shorter front sight so I could run the rear a little lower and not have it bounce as much. So, all that said I think it might be a good idea to have an extra  rear sight plate/assembly around.

I had a very similar problem with my rear sight. One of the "wings" of the flathead screw fractured completely off.

Then last week on my other X5 the entire top half of the rear sight notch assembly (the portion that moves laterally) disappeared.

I'm wondering if that assembly is manufactured in two parts?

The bottom half which interfaces with the windage screw is what remained.

It almost looked like someone to a mill to the top of the rear sight and ground it down about half way.

3 minutes ago, thormx538 said:

Has anyone mixed tungsten powder and epoxy and filled in the picatinny rail slots for some extra weight up front?

This would not be allowed in Carry Optics or Production. If you want some more forward weight, a tungsten guide rod does a good job of balancing out the X5. 

What lower height front sight have you guys used successfully? Please provide both total height sight and height of the sight above the slide when installed, if possible. Also, if you have the part numbers of your front sights that allowed you to screw down your rear adjustable sight, that would bemost helpful. 

Note - I ask for both dimensions because I love Dawson FO sights, but I have had several sights come to me much too high when I used their standard measurement of “measure from the top of the slide to the top of the sight” method.  

Thanks in advance!

1 hour ago, AmarokTactical said:

This would not be allowed in Carry Optics or Production. If you want some more forward weight, a tungsten guide rod does a good job of balancing out the X5. 

Ohh, I didn't think of that.

I was actually thinking of doing it in terms of Limited for a .40 top end for my X5 frame, but that's a valid point that I'd need to get a second grip module instead of just another slide.

1 hour ago, thormx538 said:

Ohh, I didn't think of that.

I was actually thinking of doing it in terms of Limited for a .40 top end for my X5 frame, but that's a valid point that I'd need to get a second grip module instead of just another slide.

I use a broken TLR-1 that I cut brass rods to the same dimensions as Cr-123 batts. That with the SSI grip and weight and springer tungsten guide rod make my limited gun nearly 50oz. I got a holster that accepts the light from RHF. 

On 7/11/2019 at 9:04 AM, DCSigCZ said:

What lower height front sight have you guys used successfully? Please provide both total height sight and height of the sight above the slide when installed, if possible. Also, if you have the part numbers of your front sights that allowed you to screw down your rear adjustable sight, that would bemost helpful. 

Note - I ask for both dimensions because I love Dawson FO sights, but I have had several sights come to me much too high when I used their standard measurement of “measure from the top of the slide to the top of the sight” method.  

Thanks in advance!

.205 x .090 is the sight I went with from Dawson. As for the other measurements you asked for......beats me. Some others on here said they used that sight and in doing some math I figured out it would work for me too. So far so good. 

I just picked up a Sig X5 (not he Legion) with the bead blasted (silver) slide and black grip, which was the combination I really liked, for $730.00 out the door from a local shop. That is as good of a deal as I have been able to track down, and the color combination I wanted is particularly tough to find a at decent price. YMMV

Edited by TriggerT

On 6/23/2019 at 8:06 PM, AmarokTactical said:

Trigger bar spring is the only thing I have had break after 20k rounds. But it was the aftermarket Gray Guns spring and had been removed and reassembled several times. 

In 20k rounds, have you noticed any difference in accuracy?

My past experiences with plastic guns has been that accuracy got worse, with the more I shot them. I only have about 1K on my "backup" and maybe 2-3k on my primary, and with loads they prefer, still group about an inch, at 25 yards.

I've never shot an all metal gun enough to lose accuracy, with the exception of one AR15 that lost the first 6" of it's rifling.

7 hours ago, BillGarlandJr said:

.205 x .090 is the sight I went with from Dawson. As for the other measurements you asked for......beats me. Some others on here said they used that sight and in doing some math I figured out it would work for me too. So far so good. 

Thank you, Bill.  The data you provided, along with confirmation that several other folks are using that sight successfully, is just what I need. 

2 hours ago, jalutter said:

Just wanted to pass along that per DNROI the X5 Legion is not legal for Production or Carry Optics until it is approved.  It should be approved shortly.

Hey Guys! So with the Sig being modular, how does all this work? Can you mix and match slides and grips and still shoot in production or CO?

Also, I have not been around the Legion series in a few years. Has the PVD problem been solved?

Thanks!

Does anyone know what they changed the mounting screw to on the X5 Legion? The screws that I mount my Romeo's on my other P320's do not work with this slide!

To top it off I am a lefty and the slide release on the right side of this pistol does not release the slide....

8 minutes ago, AmarokTactical said:

Does anyone know what they changed the mounting screw to on the X5 Legion? The screws that I mount my Romeo's on my other P320's do not work with this slide!

To top it off I am a lefty and the slide release on the right side of this pistol does not release the slide....

It now use M4 x .7 screws since it’s cut for the DPP. It’s the same with the M17 320. 

If you plan to use a Romeo 1, enlarge the hole on the Romeo 1 using a 4mm drill bit or else the M4 x .7 screws won’t fit through the stock holes of the Romeo 1 (they’re drilled for the 6-48 screws).

28 minutes ago, Big Don said:

Hey Guys! So with the Sig being modular, how does all this work? Can you mix and match slides and grips and still shoot in production or CO?

Also, I have not been around the Legion series in a few years. Has the PVD problem been solved?

Thanks!

For production, I think you have to wait for the weight to be "updated" on the approved gun list.  Mix and matching parts should be good to go for CO as long as you stay under the weight limit. 

And no, the pvd finish in the X5 legion is not that great.  It scratches pretty easily.  But who cares if it's being used in competition, it's a stainless slide underneath.

On 7/15/2019 at 3:24 PM, George16 said:

It now use M4 x .7 screws since it’s cut for the DPP. It’s the same with the M17 320. 

If you plan to use a Romeo 1, enlarge the hole on the Romeo 1 using a 4mm drill bit or else the M4 x .7 screws won’t fit through the stock holes of the Romeo 1 (they’re drilled for the 6-48 screws).

Have you found a good source for these and what style of screws did you get? I figured home depot or somewhere similar would have some but they generally don't carry higher quality screws of that size and I don't know if I want to trust soft stainless screws of that size.

I used to by all my metric bolts, screws and set screws from boltdepot.com. I used the black oxide 12.9 hardness socket cap screws. You can buy them individually for about $0.11 apiece but shipping will be expensive They also sell their screws by packs or boxes of hundreds.  I used them them a lot when I was still racing with RC trucks so I just bought them by the hundreds.

You'll need the:

M4 x .7 12mm long socket cap screws