Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

P320 X5 Thread

BASE772

• Replies 2.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

One concern that I do have... will the Romeo1 fit onto the Romeo1 Pro/DPP cut that they are putting on these Legion slides? Would be pretty frustrating to have to buy new optics for it instead of the multiple Romeo1's that I have.

11 minutes ago, AmarokTactical said:

One concern that I do have... will the Romeo1 fit onto the Romeo1 Pro/DPP cut that they are putting on these Legion slides? Would be pretty frustrating to have to buy new optics for it instead of the multiple Romeo1's that I have.

It will fit. There'll be a gap in the front though. Will that effect the reliability of the optic? Maybe...

On 5/21/2019 at 1:37 PM, be032 said:

The X5 MSRP was $1k+ when released. I wonder what the "street price" of this will end up at.

I just 'ordered' one through my local shop and was told the price would be "high 800s". He is the cheapest in this area. ETA is unknown.

Now I am kind of wondering how this tungsten infused polymer responds to stippling. A grip tape does not stick to the grip well, especially on the left side. I wish SIG offered a grip module with a plain smooth surface on it.

Edited by jaep1911

12 hours ago, jaep1911 said:

Now I am kind of wondering how this tungsten infused polymer responds to stippling. A grip tape does not stick to the grip well, especially on the left side. I wish SIG offered a grip module with a plain smooth surface on it.

Epoxy some silicon carbide to it. 

27 minutes ago, be032 said:

Epoxy some silicon carbide to it. 

This has worked exceptionally well for me. The silicon carbide also lasts considerably longer than grip tape. Just clean it with a little water and an old toothbrush and it will freshen the grip right up. It's also a very quick, cheap and easy modification to do yourself. 

My understanding for those that have done silicon carbide on the X5 frame, is that they use a dremel first to take material away before adding the epoxy / silicon carbide. If this new grip is laced with tungsten, isn't there the risk of dremeling away plastic and tungsten through this process? I haven't seen anyone simply lay epoxy and then silicon carbide over a x5 grip without dremeling material away first.

My understanding for those that have done silicon carbide on the X5 frame, is that they use a dremel first to take material away before adding the epoxy / silicon carbide. If this new grip is laced with tungsten, isn't there the risk of dremeling away plastic and tungsten through this process? I haven't seen anyone simply lay epoxy and then silicon carbide over a x5 grip without dremeling material away first.

I only dremeled a border and then epoxied right on the top. I wanted a larger grip surface

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

3 hours ago, Smithcity said:

I epoxied right over an undremeled grip on my x5. Worked fine. I’ve also done the same to a few 2011 plastic grips which also came out good. Actually came out better on the 2011 grips but the x5 didn’t come out bad without roughing it up at all. 

23 minutes ago, Shmella said:

I epoxied right over an undremeled grip on my x5. Worked fine. I’ve also done the same to a few 2011 plastic grips which also came out good. Actually came out better on the 2011 grips but the x5 didn’t come out bad without roughing it up at all. 

Good to hear, got any pics to share?

I super glued the springer grip tape to my X5 grip and then hit it with my heat gun. The tape hasn’t budged in 10k plus rounds. Like someone said about cleaning the silicon grip, brush the tape with a tooth brush to clean it when the dead skin builds up. 

20 hours ago, Smithcity said:

Good to hear, got any pics to share?

Here is mine with minimal dremeling - I did some in the beaver tail and a little more undercutting but not much at all. I also enjoy the slightly larger grip from adding the epoxy to the XGrip. IJqwGXG.jpg

8 hours ago, AmarokTactical said:

Here is mine with minimal dremeling - I did some in the beaver tail and a little more undercutting but not much at all. I also enjoy the slightly larger grip from adding the epoxy to the XGrip. IJqwGXG.jpg

Awesome, thanks for sharing, looks pretty good.

I did one with a little Dremel work and that worked.

Then I tried it on another without any Dremeling and added as much epoxy as I could to make the grip larger. 

I like it better with the larger grip but that is purely personal preference, hand size, etc.

10 minutes ago, ddc said:

I did one with a little Dremel work and that worked.

Then I tried it on another without any Dremeling and added as much epoxy as I could to make the grip larger. 

I like it better with the larger grip but that is purely personal preference, hand size, etc.

I have small hands by almost all glove sizing charts, and think the X5 grip isn't big enough. 

The decision to move to remove the palm swell from the regular P320 is really the killer here. It moves your contact points to just the corners, which was a dumb decision on Sig's part IMHO. They said squaring it was to give you better indexing so you're pointed the right direction every time, but that should be solved with practice, not making the grip worse for actual shooting. 

1 hour ago, twister said:

Blaise, nice looking grips.

Thanks! I originally did my two X-5's first, then I guess it caught on, and have done several since. Also did a Canik TP9SF that came out really nice. They are 60-70 grit, so pretty aggressive, but  follow the factory lines of the grip really well. That was my goal, just slightly enhance what is there, since SIG did such a god job! Everyone seems to like the look of them also