P320 X5 Thread

BASE772

• Replies 2.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

44 minutes ago, George16 said:

Use the 12mm for the Romeo 1.

wow, I'm surprised it doesn't contact the extractor with that length considering the deltapoint uses a 15.8mm screw. Thanks for the info!

That’s what I used for the 6moa Romeo 1. Keep in mind the Romeo 1 has been through many revisions and there might be small physical changes. Test it first to make sure it doesn’t contact the extractor.

Also, the 12mm screws are actually 11.7-11.8mm in length. For socket cap screws, length is measured excluding the cap head length.

6 hours ago, George16 said:

That’s what I used for the 6moa Romeo 1. Keep in mind the Romeo 1 has been through many revisions and there might be small physical changes. Test it first to make sure it doesn’t contact the extractor.

Also, the 12mm screws are actually 11.7-11.8mm in length. For socket cap screws, length is measured excluding the cap head length.

I picked up the 6 moa version right when it came out and I don't believe they changed the design on that model, That should work perfectly for my set up. Thanks

27 minutes ago, Akkid17 said:

I picked up the 6 moa version right when it came out and I don't believe they changed the design on that model, That should work perfectly for my set up. Thanks

You're welcome. Hope everything will work out for you.

16 minutes ago, m700 said:

Has anyone purchased the sig pro cut slide? Im interested mainly to upgrade to the r1pro mount. I guess its a bit pricey for just that reason but I was wondering if Anyone has compared it to factory X5

https://www.sigsauer.com/store/full-size-procut-slide-assembly-p320f.html

Unfortunately it will not work with the X5 due to the barrel not fitting.  It is mainly made for non-Xseries P320s that want to add the slide cuts and optics option.

For those interested in how heavy the Legion is when setup for Carry Optics, here it is with Romeo1, Tungsten guide rod, Gray guns trigger kit, extended mag release and silicon carbide grip job with an empty 23+1 round mag at 44.5oz. The silicon carbide added 1oz of weight.jJgdLSl.jpg

5 minutes ago, dansedgli said:

Do you think its better than the ssi grip option? 

Absolutely. The balance to this grip is phenomenal, the amount of weight in the dust cover makes a big difference. I am sure you will be seeing some SSI grip users changing over to this after they shoot one. The improvement is definitely apparent going from my original X5 to the Legion with how much less the dot moves during recoil. It didn't move all that much before, but it twitches now where it jumped before. Going to try to and get some slow-mo footage from the side to demonstrate the differences in recoil. 

2 hours ago, AmarokTactical said:

Absolutely. The balance to this grip is phenomenal, the amount of weight in the dust cover makes a big difference. I am sure you will be seeing some SSI grip users changing over to this after they shoot one. The improvement is definitely apparent going from my original X5 to the Legion with how much less the dot moves during recoil. It didn't move all that much before, but it twitches now where it jumped before. Going to try to and get some slow-mo footage from the side to demonstrate the differences in recoil. 

And the $200 savings might have something to do with this being a more popular choice too... lol

1 minute ago, gearguywb said:

Really wanted to give one of these a try but $300 seems pretty steep. 

It's absolutely worth it. If you wait I'm sure you'll see sales around $250-275 but it really is well worth the cost if you already have a P320. 

3 hours ago, AmarokTactical said:

For those interested in how heavy the Legion is when setup for Carry Optics, here it is with Romeo1, Tungsten guide rod, Gray guns trigger kit, extended mag release and silicon carbide grip job with an empty 23+1 round mag at 44.5oz. The silicon carbide added 1oz of weight.jJgdLSl.jpg

Nice! Did you do the silicon carbide yourself?

2 minutes ago, BillR1 said:

Nice! Did you do the silicon carbide yourself?

Yes, I have done several of these and gotten the process down pretty well, doesn't take very long. I put a little extra epoxy on to build up the grip to be a little thicker because the X grip is a little too small for me. 

32 minutes ago, AmarokTactical said:

It's absolutely worth it. If you wait I'm sure you'll see sales around $250-275 but it really is well worth the cost if you already have a P320. 

Is the new grip, the same size as the original Xfive grip?

4 minutes ago, RH45 said:

Thanks for the information.

I’m hoping that at some point they offer a slightly smaller version.

I can barely reach the trigger on my Xfives

Have you tried the curved trigger from Gray Guns? That should make the trigger easier to reach.

2 hours ago, gearguywb said:

Really wanted to give one of these a try but $300 seems pretty steep. 

Osage county guns has them listed in their site for 250 with magwell and weight and 209 without. Way better price than the SSI grip. Also I have been mulling over the idea to make a little open 3-gun/steel pistol using one of these slides and a TXG grip esenntially like the photo but with the the pro slide and txg grip. Could be badass 

78C7B85D-8242-4BD0-B5CE-A2B5AA899086.jpeg

No, I haven’t.

When I ordered the trigger kits, I ordered the straight trigger because that’s what I run in my open & limited guns, but, now that I think about it, they are all the shortest inserts SV makes 

2 hours ago, AmarokTactical said:

Yes, I have done several of these and gotten the process down pretty well, doesn't take very long. I put a little extra epoxy on to build up the grip to be a little thicker because the X grip is a little too small for me. 

Do you do this work as a side job or just for yourself? Does the Legion grip use the same epoxy as the standard X5 grip?

Just finished my gg install. Took me 2 hours because I couldn't find safety spring. tore my basement apart looking for it then made a call to sig to find out they take it out on the voluntary upgrade

Sent from my Pixel 2 XL using Tapatalk