Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

P320 X5 Thread

BASE772

Jesus Christ, the guy said to ask questions. I had one. 

Die hard sig fan or not, surely we can all agree that making it more supported (like most other guns) would be an improvement?

Edited by dansedgli

• Replies 2.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

9 hours ago, dansedgli said:

Die hard sig fan or not, surely we can all agree that making it more supported (like most other guns) would be an improvement?

I agree, more seems better than less. But what there is, may be good enough.

But is the chamber support question restricted only to the 5” barrels? 4.7” barrels have fully supported chambers?

The 2 p320rx's Ive seen in person are more supported.  Sigs arent very popular here so i dont see too many.  

The x5 is more expensive than a shadow 2 by a few hundred dollars so i guess that explains their lack of popularity. 

The q5 match is priced similarly to the x5 so everyone shoots shadows or tanfogs in prod. 

Are the legion accessories usually restricted to legion owners? 

12 hours ago, dansedgli said:

The x5 is more expensive than a shadow 2 by a few hundred dollars so i guess that explains their lack of popularity. 

What is this lack of popularity you speak of? I see them all the time, especially in CO. I seem to remember a very strong showing at Nationals as well. 

1 hour ago, alma said:

What is this lack of popularity you speak of? I see them all the time, especially in CO. I seem to remember a very strong showing at Nationals as well. 

I believe @dansedgli is Down Under if I remember correctly. This would explain the cost difference he speaks of.... ?

1 hour ago, alma said:

The first part of my post said this: 

13 hours ago, dansedgli said:

Sigs arent very popular here so i dont see too many.  

Here is where I live. Australia.

Our IPSC community is nothing like over in the US but I can name maybe 6 people with p320's, myself included. 2 of those 6 have an RX and an X5. 

The shadow 2 was retailing for around $1525 AUD and the lately released Optic ready one is $1750 AUD. The x5 I bought 2 months back was $1799 AUD.

Walthers are pricey too. The importers have completely missed the mark on both I reckon.

The steel frame walther just got into the country. It is $3000 AUD. Double a shadow 2

I think if they were cheaper than a shadow 2 like they are over there they'd sell heaps more. 

Edited by dansedgli

1 minute ago, dansedgli said:

The first part of my post said this: 

Here is where I live. Australia.

Our IPSC community is nothing like over in the US but I can name maybe 6 people with p320's, myself included. 2 of those 6 have an RX and an X5. 

The shadow 2 was retailing for around $1525 AUD and the lately released Optic ready one is $1750 AUD. The x5 I bought 2 months back was $1799 AUD.

Walthers are pricey too. The importers have completely missed the mark on both I reckon.

The steel frame walther just got into the country. It is $3000 AUD. Double a shadow 2

Yikes! Not sure what that equates to in US dollars but I bet it still is a lot. Sorry to hear that @dansedgli. Thank God I 

live in the Republic of Texas! 😁

There isn’t a full size x5 slide in 40 is there? I’ve had the desire to shoot limited here and there and an x5 in 40 would be a nice cheap limited gun. Can’t seem to find a 40 x5 caliber change..

There isn’t a full size x5 slide in 40 is there? I’ve had the desire to shoot limited here and there and an x5 in 40 would be a nice cheap limited gun. Can’t seem to find a 40 x5 caliber change..
I couldn't find one. Settled on a standard full-size 40 top end. It works well although I haven't shot it in awhile now.

Sent from my SM-G930P using Tapatalk

On 5/21/2019 at 5:22 AM, AmarokTactical said:

The SSI Tungsten grip and plug has all the weight in your hands and none in the dust cover out front where you actually want it. It's a really, really poor balance of the weight and is grossly expensive. Even if the legion comes out at $1300 MSRP you're saving money over the SSI stuff. I can't understand why anyone would want to frame mount an optic in these P320s, go frankenstein a Glock for Open you heathens. 

I have the tungsten guide rod and all of the above when I took out the ssi grip it was front heavy. So when I put them all together as a system it balances pretty well. So now maybe if you get the tungsten guide rod that would balance the gun and have weight at the front. 

Edited by Gviz

I've got a spare grip, 7 oz of tungsten shot and a tungsten guide rod in the mail on the way. Going to attempt a ghetto version of the weighted grip this week. 

The Australian distributor has also taken my busted romeo 1 to assess and hopefully replace. Maybe all my whinging has triggered some alarm bells finally.

There was another x5 case head separation posted to the gray guns facebook page today. 2.8gns titegroup with a 147. 

I had an interesting malfunction that I haven't had or heard of before with the P320 X5, wondering if anyone else has experienced the same. Sunday at the Ohio Sectional I had a full 23 round mag (Sig 21 w/ Grams guts and Springer base) that I loaded after I barnied a round. The first round went off and cycled the slide but it would not strip the first round in the mag into the chamber. I cycled the slide manually and still no round in the chamber, I dropped and reinserted the mag and racked it again and still no round in the chamber. Then, the very next stage, with a completely different magazine, the same exact issue happened... I am having a hard time figuring out how this happened and what to do to prevent it from occurring in the future. Has anyone else experienced a similar malfunction? It should be noted that downloading the mags to hold only 22 seemed to work just fine and I only experienced the issue with the full 23 round mags. 

16 minutes ago, jcc7x7 said:

Mag follower hung up in transition from base to tube!?!?

There's no real transition there, the base pads sit flush with the bottom of the mag tube and when I strip a round the next one pops up immediately with no hangup. This also happened with 2 different magazines which is what is really confusing me. One mag has seen heavy use, the other barely ever gets used. I took them apart and cleaned them both but neither was very dirty and neither had any loose debris in them.

Edited by AmarokTactical

Hello: Could be that your springs are getting a little weak and can't push up that first round fast enough? What bullet weight are you using? Also you may think of just starting with 23 rounds since there is always a place to reload. Thanks, Eric

2 hours ago, Aircooled6racer said:

Hello: Could be that your springs are getting a little weak and can't push up that first round fast enough? What bullet weight are you using? Also you may think of just starting with 23 rounds since there is always a place to reload. Thanks, Eric

125gr Blue Bullets, I thought it might be the spring at first so I made sure to grab a very new mag for the next stage where the issue happened again. I'll be heading out to the range tonight to see if I can recreate the malfunction. While 22+1 is a good solution and one I used for the rest of the match, there are situations where the extra round can be quite useful. For instance the guys at the Indiana sectional have a 44 and 41 round stage for us this coming weekend!

Edited by AmarokTactical

5 hours ago, AmarokTactical said:

I had an interesting malfunction that I haven't had or heard of before with the P320 X5, wondering if anyone else has experienced the same. Sunday at the Ohio Sectional I had a full 23 round mag (Sig 21 w/ Grams guts and Springer base) that I loaded after I barnied a round. The first round went off and cycled the slide but it would not strip the first round in the mag into the chamber. I cycled the slide manually and still no round in the chamber, I dropped and reinserted the mag and racked it again and still no round in the chamber. Then, the very next stage, with a completely different magazine, the same exact issue happened... I am having a hard time figuring out how this happened and what to do to prevent it from occurring in the future. Has anyone else experienced a similar malfunction? It should be noted that downloading the mags to hold only 22 seemed to work just fine and I only experienced the issue with the full 23 round mags. 

I use a grams follower and spring with a Taran basepad. I've shot probably 30 matches with it and never had an issue. In fact ive never had any type of malfunction in a match with the X5, very reliable gun.

Hello: I am using just the stock Sig spring and follower and the TTI base pads and can start with 24 when needed. Never had a problem yet but I mostly do 23 rounds to start. I have run 124-147 grain bullets as well. Could the spring be catching on the transition from the base pad to the tube? I'll ask a friend who has your magazine setup tomorrow night if he has any problems. Thanks, Eric

On 6/5/2019 at 4:20 PM, Aircooled6racer said:

Hello: I am using just the stock Sig spring and follower and the TTI base pads and can start with 24 when needed. Never had a problem yet but I mostly do 23 rounds to start. I have run 124-147 grain bullets as well. Could the spring be catching on the transition from the base pad to the tube? I'll ask a friend who has your magazine setup tomorrow night if he has any problems. Thanks, Eric

You can start with 24 in the magazine or 23 in the magazine and one in the chamber?

Hello: 23 in the magazine and 1 in the chamber. I may cut down a spring and see if I can get 24 in the magazine. On second thought ---why. There is always a place to reload so I usually only start with 23, that is 22 it the magazine and one in the chamber. Thanks, Eric