Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

Shooting Pants

Triple Aught Design (TAD). Not cheap, but I bought a pair of their amphibious pants for summer use 6-7 yrs ago for backpacking/hiking pants and are also great for when I don't want to wear shorts to the range. Lots of useful pockets, light weight, dry super fast, durable, and good fit.

A good non-tacticool option are Kuhl pants, but don't have all the pockets that cargo/BDU-type pants have.

• Replies 85
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I have found Wrangler Ripstop Cargo Pants from Walmart to be a better fit and cheaper that all the fancy pants I've tried. They sell here for about $22 and the fit is loose enough to actually access the left side hip or side pocket with a retained magazine without a major delay.

They are perfect for summer but too thin for cold weather.

Has anybody tried UnderArmour's new tactical pant. I saw them at the store yesterday and they felt light, I just couldn't tell.

Edited by EA308

HUGE fan of 5.11 tactical pants. Perfect front pocket to carry your extra magazine and lots of room to move/flex.

Ditto - 5.11 Taclite Pro pants and shorts. That pocket on the front left thigh is perfect for mags, and the pants are really well made. Great reviews on 5.11, Amazon etc.

I have found Wrangler Ripstop Cargo Pants from Walmart to be a better fit and cheaper that all the fancy pants I've tried. They sell here for about $22 and the fit is loose enough to actually access the left side hip or side pocket with a retained magazine without a major delay.

They are perfect for summer but too thin for cold weather.

+1 for the Wranglers, but I wear the non-ripstop ones. They have what they call a "tech-pocket" on the left thigh cargo pocket that is perfect for either a pistol or AR mag. The older ones used to have the pocket on both thighs instead of just the left one. Around here they run about $20. They are roomy enough for me to wear both my knee braces and knee pads under them and still have full movement.

Hello: Has anyone tried the Deluth lightweight pants or the Kuhl pants. Looking for something to use around the woods in my backyard when it is 90% humidity and 90 degrees. For match day I where bad plaid. Thanks, Eric

Here ya go Eric!

post-4923-0-96340200-1405728309_thumb.jp

I wear Mascot Workwear pants. Built in pockets for knee pads.

Same for me now too.. since I almost only shoot 3 Gun.. the knew pads really help getting down prone, etc, and they don't get in the way as much as some

Jesse, you should go for the movie star look and wear the same shooting pants as Brad Pitt

i-psJXgsD-L.jpg

Ok but seriously...Yes Brad Pitt is wearing real shooting pants and they come from Crye Precison and they are awesome pants. They have a ton of stretchy fabric around the waist, crotch and knees so you can quickly move into different shooting positions and still be comfortable. The knee pads are great and there are pockets everywhere. The two large side pockets are really big and you can put a lot of ammo, mags, etc. in them. Inside the pockets is an elastic strap that holds a standard AR mag snugly in place inside the pocket. They are comfortable, fit great and have features that are well suited to action shooting. And yes they are very expensive.

I just got a pair of Kitanica range shorts and they are awesome! Super high quality, tons of pockets, elastic in the bigger cargo pockets for mags etc.... Just wore them to the range for the first time today and they are sweet! Thinking I might get another pair in a different color they are so nice, not cheap but nice stuff never is - They have pants too that are similar to Crye's combat pants.

I used to wear 5.11's but was less than happy with the short life span of them.

Then when Vertx pants came out I switched , they are very well made

and even survived a launch off the slide at MGM iron man where I skidded on my

butt for ten feet in the gravel and not a mark on the pants!