Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

The most beautiful open gun?

DrLove

A bud of mine is having a gun built right now, and was talking about having a complete stainless gun built. I told him I thought it would be cool to have a stainless gun with black highlights (mag release, slide stop, safety, hammer), as a change from the stainless on black guns we see lots of these days.

• Replies 175
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I like a clean looking slide, kind of like an Infinity. But i also like the look of slide cuts as long as the gun doesnt look chopped to pieces. This is the slide that will be on my new open gun that Brad at Blackdog Gunworks is building for me. Flat topped, rear swoop, lightening cuts that get gradually larger as they travel back on the slide, zig racker installed and no serrations. The slide will be black, the P/T frame will be black, and the grip will be black. All the controls will be polished. So I guess if you asked me what looks best I'd have to say it doesn't exist yet, but it will soon. ;)

post-33708-0-81994800-1380129617_thumb.j

Edited by mike g35

The most beautiful Open gun?

Well, that's a bit subjective but I would lean towards a Limcat or SV based purely on aesthetics.

It just so happens they both also run great and will cost you an arm and a leg. And that's saying something based on Open gun pricing.

Jid2,

I really like the lightening cuts you did on your slide. I think they are more eye pleasing than straight cuts and I'm sure more difficult to do. What did you do to get the color contrast on the slide?

It's just ghetto cold blue applied with a Q-Tip selectively, the rest is still in the white. I have to be careful and keep it covered in oil.