Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

The most beautiful open gun?

DrLove

So we can speak of a bunch of mods and additions that make a gun better, but i"m really interested in knowing (and seeing) the gun you think is most beautiful. I think SVIs just look amazing, what do you guys think? Pics would be nice too.

• Replies 175
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

The one in your hand

No:) Again, you might have the best working gun, but I"m really interested in the best looking gun.
Really? You are going to get 1000 opinions! I personally like blued or better yet, black guns. Many like chromed. I personally don't see the fascination with SV's. many guys have Limcats on their list. They are pretty radical looking guns but they cost an arm and a leg as opposed to just a leg. And don't forget how loyal we tend to be towards good builders who take good care of us in a pinch.

SOO, the best looking Open gun I have ever seen is my Cheely Custom Gunworks full size. It helps that it just runs and runs. There are pics of everybody's favorites in the Open gun gallery

To me the best looking guns are the old single stack iron sighted compensated guns in .45 and .38 super (I'd say open division guns, but there weren't any divisions at that time).

Love the look of a pinto finished gat with nice wood grips in cocobolo, rosewood, etc. That is classic beauty!