Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

Is your carry platform same as competition platform?

uhcoog1

• Replies 298
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• 2 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...

Similar. STI EDGE in 40 for competition. 1911 of some sort for carry out and about. Latest is a lightweight commander in 38 Super, but I also carry a CCO or a government model in 45 acp. Around the place I carry a 3" model 60 all the time.

For the past 25 years I've carried Glock. Started competing 3 years ago, with Glock, but bought a STI 2011 last year for competition. I'm soooo envious of Trace! Beautiful shooting irons. One of these days I'll own one.

I just got a CCW holster for my Production gun (G34). It is actually more comfortable to carry appendix than my G17. And since I didn't trick it out like a retard, it works just fine in that role.

What is the preferred retard method for tricking out a G34?

I just got a CCW holster for my Production gun (G34). It is actually more comfortable to carry appendix than my G17. And since I didn't trick it out like a retard, it works just fine in that role.

What is the preferred retard method for tricking out a G34?

Put a helmet on it?

I usually carry a les Baer utc. I'm awful at single stack, mostly due to reloads and a lack of a magwell. I really need to buy another one to set up for competition purposes, but as of now I mainly shoot production when I get the opportunity to compete. I have two CZ's in bound, so everything my change shortly.

• 1 month later...

I was in the same position as the OP and ended up switching all my handguns to 1911/2011 style including the purchase of a 9mm VIP for carry. I loved shooting it and for the size and capacity it carried very well. Sometimes I carry off body and at some point I got worried about it walking away. So I decided to go to something less pricey, sold it and picked up a couple m&p's for the wife and and I bunch of mags. I also have a 238 (1911ish, sorta) for when I need something really small and a good old springfield lw compact 45 when I just need to carry a classic 1911.

I do miss that VIP though, it was a real sweetie. Probably need another, one of these days.

Edited by Tochnost

Currently Compete with 1911/2011. Depending on dress, location and weather. Glock 19, 26 or Kahr PM9 for carry. Sometimes still carry a PPK/s. It is my favorite, but the Kahr is starting to take the #1 position.

I don't but I think its a good idea. Normally shoot Open 2011 or CZ Accu Shadow or M&P, depending on division and discipline. For carry, its normally a Kahr PM9 (love this gun) or XD subcompact. Thinking about trying a G43 also.

• 2 weeks later...

My primary competition gun is S&W 1911 PC. My primary carry gun is Springfield 1911 Range Officer (or TRP. or SW 1911 E series. Or one of the other 1911s)

• 3 weeks later...