Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

What competition belt do you use and why?

GrumpyOne

• Replies 169
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I use a Franken Belt composed of a CR Speed inner belt with a Double Alpha outer belt. This is the stiffest combo I've been able to assemble.

If I had to stick with just one, it would be the CR Speed. Both the CR Speed and Double Alpha inner belts have the soft side of the Velcro exposed which is miles better than the Safariland which has the nylon loops exposed and will snag on everything if worn without the outer belt.

I started with the Safariland because that's what my local store sold. If I were to start again, I'd get the CR because the "fuzzy" part is more upholstery friendly.

Hello: I use the CR Speed belt system. I do like the older inner belt better since it is stiffer than the new one that says CR Speed on it. The DAA outer belt is a little thicker but the inner is like the new CR Speed inner belt. I use both belts for USPSA and the inner belt only for IDPA. The inner belt is nice since it does not glue you to your car seat like a Safariland inner belt :roflol: I have not seen the new Safariland belt setup yet. Thanks, Eric

CR Speed. I started off with Safariland but a fully loaded mag or big stick the belt would tilt forward. This was the nylon belt with inner and outer. The best thing about the CR speed is how stiff it is. Its very rigid and the weight of the mags does not affect it.

Flyin

I purchased a CR Speed Deluxe belt, it seems to be more popular than the DAA. Also it seemed that for some people the DAA belt is so thick it is quite a chore to get your gear on it.

I received mine yet, should come in with my gun tomorrow.

Daniel

I use a Goulds, desert color police duty belt, Its about 2.5" wide. hand has fuzzy velcro to stick to an underbelt and the plastic lock clips lock rock solid,

Advantages,

Bladetech DOH has 2.5" belt loops so dont need spacers, the Bladetech tech lock mag pouches lock on well also, the wider platform gives me a better stable platform than the popular 1.5" size.

Disadvantages, you must use Bladetech holster and mag pouch clips cause nothing else competition worthy fits.

I have a DAA just because they were pretty much brand new when I started out and I had read they were stiffer. I have no problems with it but have never tried another over/under belt to have any basis for comparison.

Prior to the DAA I used a Wilderness Instructor belt, and while it is a great belt for other things I quickly grew tired of threading mag pouches and holsters on and off of it everytime I wanted to practice.

lot of people really like the CR Speed when i was just starting. I decided to try one out to see if they were all that. they are. I see no reason to try anything for the sake of trying it.

I used to have a Safariland, but I hated how the hook material was on the inner belt so I would get stuck to car seats and stuff when I took the outer belt off. I switched to CR Speed and I've been happy ever since. That said, my CR Speed has an older, thinner inner belt which I prefer over the newer thicker inner belt (even though the newer one is stiffer).

I switched from Safariland to CR Speed because the inner belt should be the one with the loops. I even converted my old Safariland holster to work with the CR belt. I also have a CR Revolver holster and belt setup that I was using before I switched the Safariland holster to use a CR belt.

I have 2 Double-Alpha belts and a new CR Speed belt. The CR Speed inner is a bit stiffer, which doesn't seem to matter once the outer belts are on but is nice if you use just the inner for IDPA. The CR Speed fits smaller relative to the same size in Double-Alpha, and I wish I'd ordered 2 more inches for the CR. Other than that, I don't see any practical difference.

I saw a new belt, can't recall the name, that someone picked up at Area 1 Champs. The inner had a loop that you threaded the free end through and pulled back before velcro-ing to itself, allowing the inner to be cinched tighter. I liked that.

I have a wilderness tactical belt, which I wear normally, and for IDPA, and a DAA for USPSA... I actually prefer my belts from "thebeltman.net" for carry, daily wear, and IDPA, but I, at times, wear suspenders which clip onto my belt, for IDPA, and I didn't like scratching my leather belts.

I own 3 CR Speed belts. One set up for limited, one that I alternate between production and single stack, and one set up for 3 gun.

I haven't tried any others, but I know the CR Speed belts work so I don't see the need to try anything else. I didn't get a AA because they're thicker and heard too many stories of people having a very difficult time getting gear on them. My CR Speed mag pouches slid around a little bit on the CR Speed belt, and a drill/tap set and some set screws fixed that. :cheers: