Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

What competition belt do you use and why?

GrumpyOne

CR speed as it came with a pistol I purchased from a member here and have had no reason to go elsewhere....super stiff and works as advertised. The ELS safariland system looks intriguing especially for 3 gun but the admission price is a little steep.

• Replies 169
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Whats the difference between the CR hi-torque and the deluxe hi-torque?

Hi torque deluxe has a nicer outer belt. It's also a little stiffer. I've had both (and a daa) and to me the deluxe is worth the extra. It's my favourite belt.

I just got a bladetech inside outside belt. i haven't tried it in competition yet but its really stiff and doing dry fire practice it just doesn't move at all. May not be a cr speed or a daa but it was what was available at my LGS and it fit well while not costing too much. I think it definitely exceeds my experience level and makes my life a lot easier going to and from the range, and hopefully competition. Im excited to finally have a decent competition belt now

• 4 months later...

I ran a Els belt for quite a while but eventually got tired of trying to buckle the belt behind my back if everything isn't perfect the holes won't line up and it's a pain ... People are the range found it weird when I asked if they would do me up in the back !! I switched to a daa belt for my single stack and open/limited rigs and really like it ... For 3 gun I still run a Els just for the ease of switching ur load out around between stages

I'm new to shooting and not a spring chicken. While picking up brass I noticed that my choice of belt and holster, that they dug into my side. I noticed that people that wore two piece belts, everything stuck out. So I read these two threads and bought a ghost belt and stinger holster. Now I not only look cool, I can pick up brass at matches. I still don't shoot any better, but I look better doing it.

• 1 month later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Points to ponder,believe CR belts are very firm, Ghost belts are little more flexible, for a skinny person,flexible can feel more comfortable, stiffness is absolutely important for complete repeatability , if you have the cushion go stiff, IMOP

Sent from my SM-G920V using Tapatalk