Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

What competition belt do you use and why?

GrumpyOne

• Replies 169
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I have 2 CRs and when the AA came out, I tried it. It's a lot stiffer than the CRs, so I got one for my primary rig. I still have and use the CRs and would not hesitate to use them either. Since the AA came out, CR seem to have come out with a newer version. I do not know how stiff the newer CRs are.

I have 2 CRs and when the AA came out, I tried it. It's a lot stiffer than the CRs, so I got one for my primary rig. I still have and use the CRs and would not hesitate to use them either. Since the AA came out, CR seem to have come out with a newer version. I do not know how stiff the newer CRs are.

That's what I'm wondering too but I only see them in red and I hate red. Anyone have one of the new "Super Hi Torque Deluxe" belts and can tell us how it compares to the standard CR and the AA? Here is the link:

http://www.rescomp.co.za/pSUPERHITORQUEDELUXE/Super-Hi-Torque-Deluxe-Range-Belt.aspx

Thanks...

PS I have to agree with you on everything in your post, that's exactly what I felt after having both of them...

That's what I'm wondering too but I only see them in red and I hate red. Anyone have one of the new "Super Hi Torque Deluxe" belts and can tell us how it compares to the standard CR and the AA? Here is the link:

http://www.rescomp.co.za/pSUPERHITORQUEDELUXE/Super-Hi-Torque-Deluxe-Range-Belt.aspx

Thanks...

PS I have to agree with you on everything in your post, that's exactly what I felt after having both of them...

I have one of the super hi torque ones....but its the one i started with, never used the non super hi torque... :mellow:

mine is super stiff tho :)

Just got the CR Yesterday & will be using it for my first USPSA match in a couple weeks. Im glad I followed the sizing information on the Shooters connection site instead of whats on the CR site otherwise It would of been to small.

I am in the minority in that I prefer a good leather belt that I can sinch up tight. Couldn't get the CR Speed tight enough. Good system but not for me.

JMHOFWIW

Richard

You mean, tight around your waist? I can sinch the inner belt so tight I can hardly breath on my CR Speed. I wear it pretty tight during the match then after I de-gun I take off the outer belt and release the tension on the inner belt. Ahhhhh......

I started years ago with Safariland and then went through 2 CR Speed belts. I picked up a Center Of Mass belt from Rick at the Montana Multigun Saturday, I think it's the best belt I've ever had. It has features that no other belts have. I bought one of his holsters for my open pistol earlier this year for 3-gun, it also is top notch.

Dusty

I started out with a Blackhawk instructor belt for shooting production while it was a good quality belt I wanted something stiffer. I just got my new Double Alpha in the mail yesterday and I love it. I won't shoot anything else from now on. The Blackhawk is still a good belt, it held everything in place I just didn't like how lax it was. I'm still shooting production, but am considering jumping to Limited-10 and possibly sometime in the future Limited.

SR9Shooter

• 4 months later...

Center of Mass. Why? Good comments from fellow Idaho shooters.

Hope it shows up soon. Order placed early December, but was told up front it would be about 6 weeks.

It cost a bit more than a CR Speed (which I could have received same week) due to state tax and shipping.

I predict it will be a fantastic item.

USPSA LIMITED

CR Speed Belt and WSM II holster with versa pouches. It was the first one i tried and i liked it. Have thought about changing holster to something w/o the muzzel platform like Limcat or DAA, but they are pretty expensive to just try and see if you like it.

USPSA PRODUCTION

CR Speed Belt with Comp Tac holster and pouches, S&W M&P

IDPA SSP

Same as production w/o the outter belt, only use one belt and a cover

IDPA ESP

Same Belt as above with blade tech holster for 1911 9mm and comptac mag pouches.

stopped shooting IDPA or i would have switched to a comptac 1911 holster.

I love there stuff for IDPA and PRODUCTION

• 2 weeks later...

I have 4 rigs on DAA belts. Recently had to go CRSpeed on my SS rig, since the 1.5" 771 wouldn't fit on the DAA. Tried to get Safariland to swap belt loops, but they wanted me to buy the 1.75". For 6 loops, it was basically the same price as a new belt.

Mac

• 2 weeks later...

I use the safariland because... well... I got a gift card to Amazon.com and Amazon doesn't sell CR or Double Alpha belts... but that being said, I like the way it fits, it's very stiff and to be honest with you I like the black leather basket-weave look.... I plan on ordering safariland basket-weave competition mag holders to compliment the belt.

I wear a Jones Tactical 1.75" Cobra Shooter's Belt because it has a long name and makes me feel special.

Really because it's an awesome belt and I can use it for things other than competitions. I ordered it with the inner belt having the sharp velcro so wearing the outer belt alone wouldn't mess up my pants.

I run a Comp-tac belt holster/mag pouches with it, all cut for 1.75", which is kind of annoying cause they aren't adjustable. Wish I went with the Bladetech gear, they're even local to me. Oh well.

Edited by DonovanM

• 1 month later...